1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New from Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 06:24 PM
Mr. Booshie
1st Gear
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
New from Atlanta

Hello!

Im happy to be here, and excited to learn all things MCS R56!

I purchased my first Mini last Friday, Aug 21, 81k mile 2012 Cooper S Hardtop in HighClass Grey. The previous owner kept it all stock with the exception of a K&N intake and Rota RB-R 17’s

I was previously in to E36 BMW’s and took a 5yr(too long) break from fun cars. I know the E36 platform better than my own body, hopefully soon I’ll be on track to say the same about my Mini Cooper S.

I know I know, pics or it didn’t happen!

The following users liked this post:
scotty_r56s (08-25-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 03:15 AM
Jason Cornelius
6th Gear
Received 532 Likes on 409 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Way Motors, one of our vendors, is located in Atlanta and I’m sure you’ll get to know em.

Old 08-25-2020, 04:01 AM
Mr. Booshie
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Jason Cornelius
Welcome to the forum. Way Motors, one of our vendors, is located in Atlanta and I’m sure you’ll get to know em.
2 miles from my house.
I dropped in yesterday to buy a pile of parts and they refused to sell them to me in person. The lady that came to the door said I can order online and they would ship or call me when I was allowed to come pick them up. I told her I called a few times that day to make an order and she said she is so busy with orders that she wasn’t taking calls.

Old 08-25-2020, 04:27 AM
Jason Cornelius
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mr. Booshie
2 miles from my house.
I dropped in yesterday to buy a pile of parts and they refused to sell them to me in person. The lady that came to the door said I can order online and they would ship or call me when I was allowed to come pick them up. I told her I called a few times that day to make an order and she said she is so busy with orders that she wasn’t taking calls.
Don’t let that get you down. These are different times, and they are still moving. If you have to order online and pickup, then that’s what you need to do. If I were in Atlanta they would know my clubby. I know you want to go look around, touch, drool, but this stupid virus has changed things and we need to change our ways.

Old 08-25-2020, 04:53 AM
Mr. Booshie
1st Gear
Don’t let that get you down. These are different times, and they are still moving. If you have to order online and pickup, then that’s what you need to do. If I were in Atlanta they would know my clubby. I know you want to go look around, touch, drool, but this stupid virus has changed things and we need to change our ways.
Yeah, different times for sure. I’ve been thinking about it since it happend and want to go back over there and offer to help. She looked stressed out. Either way, I have a pile of Powerflex bushings on the way, VC gasket, plugs, oil stuff.

Old 08-25-2020, 05:04 AM
Jason Cornelius
6th Gear
Way will chime in eventually. Just have the patience, I have ordered from them and great experience.

Old 08-25-2020, 06:14 AM
Mr. Booshie
1st Gear
Way will chime in eventually. Just have the patience, I have ordered from them and great experience.
I’m made of patience haha, my other hobby is NFA stuff.
If you don’t know what that is: you buy the product, it sits at the retailer for 10-14months until the ATF approves your application(per item) and then once the retailer gets the approval letter/ tax stamp from ATF you are then allowed to pickup what you paid for a year ago.

I didn’t have any feeling, other than the want to help WMW out, after going up there. I’ve been there before, and being a Karen never helps.

Old 08-26-2020, 10:12 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 760 Likes on 620 Posts
Welcome and Congrats on your MINI
Sorry we were unable to provide you with parts the other day as we have been closed for our move and until today we actually hadn't even published the address as we haven't been taking in any customers. As you may have been able to see that the shop is currently a mess and we are trying to find everything and get it organized before being open again.
Like our shipping lady said we are only doing orders through the website and when we have the parts ready and available for pickup we contact the customer to arrange when. This allows us time to find the parts out of the stock and have the paperwork done, and also with current COVID concerns we can minimize risk for customers and employees.
This also prevents a customer from showing up and us not having their parts ready, or worse not in stock. In addition this keeps the best record of all purchases for you.
You are correct when you said she looked stressed as I personally have been working 14+hr days for the last 16 days and she has been there most that time also and I can't thank her enough as great employees are hard to find, and ones that are willing to go the extra mile even harder.

You are always welcome to order parts and select local pick up so we don't charge you shipping. Once we have them ready we will email or call to let you know.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 08-27-2020, 04:17 AM
Mr. Booshie
1st Gear
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
Welcome and Congrats on your MINI
Sorry we were unable to provide you with parts the other day as we have been closed for our move and until today we actually hadn't even published the address as we haven't been taking in any customers. As you may have been able to see that the shop is currently a mess and we are trying to find everything and get it organized before being open again.
Like our shipping lady said we are only doing orders through the website and when we have the parts ready and available for pickup we contact the customer to arrange when. This allows us time to find the parts out of the stock and have the paperwork done, and also with current COVID concerns we can minimize risk for customers and employees.
This also prevents a customer from showing up and us not having their parts ready, or worse not in stock. In addition this keeps the best record of all purchases for you.
You are correct when you said she looked stressed as I personally have been working 14+hr days for the last 16 days and she has been there most that time also and I can't thank her enough as great employees are hard to find, and ones that are willing to go the extra mile even harder.

You are always welcome to order parts and select local pick up so we don't charge you shipping. Once we have them ready we will email or call to let you know.
Thanks!

I mean it though, if you guys would let me I’d come help out. I’ve been in your shoes before and I know even having someone to be a gopher helps tremendously.
Plus, that’s what a community is all about, helping out when you can!

Last edited by Mr. Booshie; 08-27-2020 at 05:01 AM.
Old 08-27-2020, 04:45 AM
CakeEater
3rd Gear
Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
Welcome to the mini world! They are pesky little buggers but when they are happy they go!

Beautiful looking car already i might add