1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hola from SoFla...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 08:05 AM
Vitruvius
Neutral
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hola from SoFla...

Hello all,

I've just joined this forum and would like to say "hello" and "thank you" to all the knowledgeable people out there for sharing this wealth of information publicly for free.
I bought a 2004 Mini with 83K mi. in good condition last week from a neighbor for a pretty cheap price because he had to unload it. I've always liked Mini's and my brother had a Classic Olive Green Mini that I envied. It was always such a fun car to drive. I figured this might be a cool but useful hobby to follow.

I had a few concerns and when I looked up the issues, this forum always came up with the best info. My main concern was the cvt transmission as it currently runs fine but from what I've read it is not whether it will fail but when. I found searching around that you can convert it from cvt to manual, and that has given me peace. I now feel comfortable tweaking and fooling around "improving" the car, putting little money into it, and if the transmission goes, I'll do a conversion... well, more like have someone capable do it.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. I'm a newbie and more of a lurker/reader than a poster, but I look forward to being able to do some "DIY" work with the knowledge in these forums to back me up.

Salud,

Ted

Old 08-22-2019, 10:26 AM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Hi and welcome to the NAM family, Ted.
Congrats on your new found Mini ownership. These little cars are a blast to drive and there is good help here, if you need it.
Some pics and a little about your car would be nice!

Old 08-22-2019, 12:54 PM
Vitruvius
Neutral
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thank you Wayne! I just got my... let's see: 04 PW MC (R50?) which is pretty base/standard and is not in picture conditions. My plan is to wash it this weekend (or as soon as I can) and then document from then on my very newbie improvements to it. I'll try and take some before/after picts. What I've seen on this site is so extensive that it is a bit overwhelming... and invaluable. I'm pumped!!

Old 08-22-2019, 08:09 PM
iankun
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Hi Ted and welcome to NAM. No better hobby than mini ownership...my wife thinks otherwise though

The following users liked this post:
Vitruvius (08-23-2019)