1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 12:17 PM
ramonster16
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New owner

Hello,

After months of reading and searching, I've finally purchased an 06 R53 with about 75K on it. Just did an oil change and am now currently looking at bluetooth options for my next project. I'll keep reading and researching, but any things you all feel I must absolutely look out for, service/replace in the miles to come? Looking forward to learning from you all!

Cheers!

EDIT: Thinking of replacing stock coolant reservoir with aluminum even though it's not leaking but open to other suggestions of what to work on first!

The following users liked this post:
Altecfenix (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 12:39 PM
Altecfenix
2nd Gear
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Wow what low miles! As far as BT options: I always kept the factory head unit and got an Aux input kit, then used a Bluetooth dongle. Though aftermarket head units that are equipped with Bluetooth will yield better functionality.
Get the Aluminum reservoir for sure. What other mods are you planning? Highly recommend an SC Pulley myself. Also the 2% lightweight crank pulley is awesome if you're into that.

Old 04-26-2019, 03:42 PM
ramonster16
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I was really lucky to find one with such low miles. Currently looking at something that plugs into the CD changer port in the back of the factory unit for BT off of Amazon. I know the SC pulleys are really popular and I think I'll eventually get to that point. I already love the pep as it is and because I'll be dailying it for a short commute I don't want to get into too many performance mods...yet. I was thinking of working from the ground up, lighter wheels, ?brakes, suspension, etc..

Old 04-26-2019, 03:59 PM
Altecfenix
2nd Gear
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by ramonster16
Yeah I was really lucky to find one with such low miles. Currently looking at something that plugs into the CD changer port in the back of the factory unit for BT off of Amazon. I know the SC pulleys are really popular and I think I'll eventually get to that point. I already love the pep as it is and because I'll be dailying it for a short commute I don't want to get into too many performance mods...yet. I was thinking of working from the ground up, lighter wheels, ?brakes, suspension, etc..
Great plan starting from the ground up! That's usually how you want to do it.

Old 04-28-2019, 02:20 PM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Hi and welcome to the NAM family, ramonster16!
A 06 MCS is a great year for Mini!
Congrats on the buy. We hope you show us some pics!
There is a ton of helpful info in the gen 1 area.