1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Howdy All

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 06:57 AM
Jimbell70
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy All

New to the forum and new the Mini community. Purchased a motor home and it came with a 2006 Mini S Convertible. At this point it has given me more headaches than happiness but hopefully that will change. I have had to replace the fuel pump and alternator so I am starting to become more familiar with it. Currently fighting a battery drain issue, can't leave the car for more than a day without the battery being completely drained. Going to start the fuse by fuse method this weekend. Also looking to upgrade the stereo if anyone has any suggestions. Would love Nav but not sure if I can make that happen integrated with the radio, currently have the Karmon Harmon factory system. Also have an issue with the top opening and closing, can hear the pump working put only the sunroof opens and the top unlocks. Think it might be out of hydraulic oil. Oh well, looking to have some fun and learn more about these little machines.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:23 AM
miniCPA
5th Gear
Received 145 Likes on 129 Posts
You seem to have a long list of issues. I hope you get everything resolved so you can enjoy it before winter. Keep us posted on your progress. People with more technical skills will follow with suggestions. You may want to post your issues in the first generation section and the first generation convertible section to get feedback from those that know the most about our vehicles.

By the way, the 2006 S is considered one of the best MINIs to own. I am slightly biased.

Post some pictures when yo get a chance.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:41 PM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimbell70
New to the forum and new the Mini community. Purchased a motor home and it came with a 2006 Mini S Convertible. At this point it has given me more headaches than happiness but hopefully that will change. I have had to replace the fuel pump and alternator so I am starting to become more familiar with it. Currently fighting a battery drain issue, can't leave the car for more than a day without the battery being completely drained. Going to start the fuse by fuse method this weekend. Also looking to upgrade the stereo if anyone has any suggestions. Would love Nav but not sure if I can make that happen integrated with the radio, currently have the Karmon Harmon factory system. Also have an issue with the top opening and closing, can hear the pump working put only the sunroof opens and the top unlocks. Think it might be out of hydraulic oil. Oh well, looking to have some fun and learn more about these little machines.
Hi,
You need to get someone (maybe yourself) to do an OBD2 test. It will identify the codes that are causing the drain. If it has an aftermarket radio, that is most likely the issue, There also may be an issue with the convertible top mechanism. Getting the codes will help us to help you!

Old 09-09-2018, 01:40 PM
minibeaan
Neutral
Best of luck to you friend! Sounds like you may have some work cut out for you but i hope you get to enjoy it over time! Keep us posted.

Old 09-10-2018, 03:45 PM
AnOldBiker
4th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 145 Likes on 138 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Old 09-10-2018, 10:00 PM
iankun
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome to NAM Jimbell70. Congrats on the motor home purchase and freebie mini
Post some pics of both.

The following users liked this post:
Jimbell70 (09-12-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 05:55 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Welcome, and dont forget to post up some pics! " Purchased a motor home and it came with a 2006 Mini S Convertible." Thats the quote of te day.

R52 Convertible owner here also. For top issues check out this, most of the time its the cables or something between, : https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...tible-top.html

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 09-12-2018, 07:51 AM
Jimbell70
Neutral
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Welcome, and dont forget to post up some pics! " Purchased a motor home and it came with a 2006 Mini S Convertible." Thats the quote of te day.

R52 Convertible owner here also. For top issues check out this, most of the time its the cables or something between, : https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...tible-top.html
Thanks for the link. Took a look but I don't see the videos. The goofy thing with mine is the "sunroof" opens and the top will unlatch. I can hear the motor working but nothing happens. Hope I can get to the videos to see what his fix was.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:54 AM
Jimbell70
Neutral
I'll get some pics on here soon.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:04 AM
Jimbell70
Neutral
OK, found a link to the videos on YouTube further down the page.