1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Future Owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 08:21 AM
1RavingLunatic
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Future Owner

Hi everyone,

I'm Mike, and I enjoy long walks down my driveway....Wait, this isn't my Tinder profile!

Anyway, I've been lurking in the shadows reading people's posts, like a creep, to see if I should by a mini or not. I am happy to say that I have decided to pull the trigger and start long distance negotiating a JCW Countryman. I just waiting on the level of permission I will have from the wife...but it's still happening. I'm now thinking that I should have waited to tell her when she not on her period, but I like to live on the edge!

I've owned a 2004 WRX, 2006 STI (400hp at the wheels), a volvo V60, and for the next few months, will continue driving up-armored diesel land cruisers and Hilux's with more firepower than a Texas gun show! I'm hoping that you guys can show me the ropes and help me plug into the MINI world.

Any suggestions?

Old 11-08-2017, 10:16 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Welcome, Mike here too.

Good luck on the JCW Countryman, that's a great find. Are far as mods go the Countryman may not have as many options as the Hardtop 2 door, but lots of the engine stuff is shared on the turbos.

What are you looking to do with it?

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 11-08-2017, 10:51 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Keep us in the loop on whether you do the deal or not.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:15 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Yes, i hope you can get it, not too many of those around.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 11-08-2017, 02:03 PM
AnOldBiker
4th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 145 Likes on 138 Posts
Welcome to the forum and you should be happy with the 'new edition' to the stable.

Old 11-10-2017, 04:55 AM
1RavingLunatic
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Welcome, Mike here too.

Good luck on the JCW Countryman, that's a great find. Are far as mods go the Countryman may not have as many options as the Hardtop 2 door, but lots of the engine stuff is shared on the turbos.

What are you looking to do with it?
Well I want to buy it, buy my wife keeps spending my deployment money, so it's looking like I'm leasing it initially. So I will probably just do a dinan elite kit. I will chaulk it up to being free since i'm a USAA member and we get a 1k discount....I hate to sound privileged, but my volvo got 8k off MSRP.

I am going to try and not go as far as I did with my STI...I went a little nuts. If I do though, I would totally lift it and thrown a roll cage in it. My kids would love it! "why do you have monkey bars in your car Daddy? Daddy your silly!"