1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New from OK

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 04:30 AM
RhoniT
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New from OK

Drove off the dealers lot on Aug 19th in my blazing red 2016 Mini Cooper Clubman and drove it the 80 some odd miles straight home and parked in the garage.
I've have been dreaming and ewing and awing over every Mini Cooper I have past on the road, seen either parked or driving by, pointed out to anyone who would listen to me for the last 13 years. 13 YEARS! I saw one for sale on car lot when the boys were little, so I get my 3 boys in the car and drove it. I was hooked. It was so out of my single mother of 3's price range. Which turned out to be a good thing since 2 out 3 boys are over 6'2", and every mothers dream is not have a day where the word 'shotgun' is fought over. Everyone who has spent a day with me knows my love for the Mini's. So 'WHY' would I drive it straight home and park it in the garage????? Have you ever wanted something for so long that when you get it ... that was me. So basically, I was a little afraid to drive it!! Parking in the farthest corner of the local grocery-shopping-get-n-go, driving like a snail down our dirt road, not driving at all if it is looking like rain (FYI: I live in hail country) and just walking into the garage to see that it is really there. I know hard to believe myself, especially if you knew me like I know me. ha. I am happy to report that I am officially over that. I have made my maiden voyage to the parents and bff's in the next state on the lovely I-40 through Oklahoma (that is sarcasm), given it a nature bath a couple of times and driven like it was stolen. And I am no longer hiking from the north 40 to buy groceries, however I am still looking for parking spots were people know how to get their vehicles between and within their designated lines. (seriously people it is not that hard)
So with all that said, I am here to introduce myself to ya'll. HI, my name is Rhoni, pretty sure I was named after that Beach Boys song my father loves to sing. (insert eye roll) I am proud to say I am 50 and gone gray, married to the love of my life, the mother of 3 equally sarcastic young men and Nonna to one little man that tells me I have the coolest car, step mom to two lovely young ladies and a step Nonna to 5. I also, live on a small ranch in between Tin-Buck-2 and BFE Oklahoma.
The best laugh I have had so far involving my Clubman is from the young man at the feed store, because I have tennis elbow he carried out my quick stop for a single bag of fed, he looks at my car looks at me back at the car and at me again, scans the lot for my big brown paint faded 4x4 Ram, looks at me again and then again to the car. By now I am laughing just a bit at him, I say, "Beau, you can put it back here." He walks over and puts the bag in the back, I close the doors and he stands back to read the backend of the car, I know this because I am watching his lips move. Then looks directly at me and says, "What is this thing?" And I now am laughing out loud at him, sorry Beau, I wave and drive off with him standing there looking at my new blazing red 2016 Mini Cooper Clubman with the strangest look on his face. Who knows, I might have peaked his interest just enough to drive a Mini.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:26 AM
Lucila
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratulations!!!! You sound just like me! Although I only waited 2 years to get one. Lol. I've had my 2015 MCS F56 for 10 months and I still park it in the furthest spot in the parking lot. Enjoy your new toy!!!

Originally Posted by RhoniT
Drove off the dealers lot on Aug 19th in my blazing red 2016 Mini Cooper Clubman and drove it the 80 some odd miles straight home and parked in the garage.
I've have been dreaming and ewing and awing over every Mini Cooper I have past on the road, seen either parked or driving by, pointed out to anyone who would listen to me for the last 13 years. 13 YEARS! I saw one for sale on car lot when the boys were little, so I get my 3 boys in the car and drove it. I was hooked. It was so out of my single mother of 3's price range. Which turned out to be a good thing since 2 out 3 boys are over 6'2", and every mothers dream is not have a day where the word 'shotgun' is fought over. Everyone who has spent a day with me knows my love for the Mini's. So 'WHY' would I drive it straight home and park it in the garage????? Have you ever wanted something for so long that when you get it ... that was me. So basically, I was a little afraid to drive it!! Parking in the farthest corner of the local grocery-shopping-get-n-go, driving like a snail down our dirt road, not driving at all if it is looking like rain (FYI: I live in hail country) and just walking into the garage to see that it is really there. I know hard to believe myself, especially if you knew me like I know me. ha. I am happy to report that I am officially over that. I have made my maiden voyage to the parents and bff's in the next state on the lovely I-40 through Oklahoma (that is sarcasm), given it a nature bath a couple of times and driven like it was stolen. And I am no longer hiking from the north 40 to buy groceries, however I am still looking for parking spots were people know how to get their vehicles between and within their designated lines. (seriously people it is not that hard)
So with all that said, I am here to introduce myself to ya'll. HI, my name is Rhoni, pretty sure I was named after that Beach Boys song my father loves to sing. (insert eye roll) I am proud to say I am 50 and gone gray, married to the love of my life, the mother of 3 equally sarcastic young men and Nonna to one little man that tells me I have the coolest car, step mom to two lovely young ladies and a step Nonna to 5. I also, live on a small ranch in between Tin-Buck-2 and BFE Oklahoma.
The best laugh I have had so far involving my Clubman is from the young man at the feed store, because I have tennis elbow he carried out my quick stop for a single bag of fed, he looks at my car looks at me back at the car and at me again, scans the lot for my big brown paint faded 4x4 Ram, looks at me again and then again to the car. By now I am laughing just a bit at him, I say, "Beau, you can put it back here." He walks over and puts the bag in the back, I close the doors and he stands back to read the backend of the car, I know this because I am watching his lips move. Then looks directly at me and says, "What is this thing?" And I now am laughing out loud at him, sorry Beau, I wave and drive off with him standing there looking at my new blazing red 2016 Mini Cooper Clubman with the strangest look on his face. Who knows, I might have peaked his interest just enough to drive a Mini.

Old 10-01-2016, 06:19 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 367 Likes on 311 Posts
Midtown MINIs of Tulsa just sponsored a rally they called MINIs Take the Ozarks. It was scheduled of Sept. 30 so is a piece of history, but, they are sponsoring activities that you may find worth doing and MTTO looks to become an annual event. A few of the guys from our club joined in. Also, in Eureka Springs is MINIs In The Ozarks (MITO) sponsored by the Ozark MINI club. The day trips are out of this world. Look them up at:
http://ozarkmini.com/
We've been 6 times now.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:27 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Hello and welcome. Post up some pics.

"What is this thing?" , that's a classic comment and i am still surprised by some people who have never heard what a MINI was.

I saw a Loaded JCW "like" Paceman the other day from MINI of Las Vegas up here in Ohio. People walked by it and looked at it , then again trying to figure out what it is.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 10-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Welcome aboard RhoniT, so glad you've joined the world of MINI motoring! You have every reason to be proud, and have many years and miles of grins ahead of you. Please feel free to ask any and all questions, we've been doing this for over 40 years on the street and track!

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.