1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2016 F55 Owner in VA

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 06:15 PM
RockMini
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2016 F55 Owner in VA

I have alway been an admirer of Minis and MINIs, but never pulled the trigger on making my dream a reality until now. Sitting behind the wheel and motoring for the first time with my F55 just felt right, even in the test drive. Now I don't mind sitting in my MINI in a traffic jam, because it more than makes up for things when I get on a nice long winding road.

I have already found some great guidance for things I was looking for on this site. From aftermarket upgrades like the tread on installing an aftermarket hidden compartment (since they did away with them in 2016 models) and the Black Jack I added the other day.

I love the idea of making it "Mine" and the fact that my MINI came with an existing community of friends. I look forward to learning more and more, and I am sure I will be picking a lot of brains around here in the years to come.

Attached Thumbnails New 2016 F55 Owner in VA-img_4846.jpg   New 2016 F55 Owner in VA-img_4848.jpg  
Old 08-14-2016, 08:36 PM
MCS4FUN
6th Gear
Received 502 Likes on 350 Posts
Nice intro and great looking new MINI!
I like the added Black Jack too.

Hope you continue to enjoy your F55...

Old 08-15-2016, 12:53 PM
RockMini
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you both of you. These things I hear can be compared to Harleys, as MINI can really make some money on the accessories the sell for them. I want to do a few things to this one and I will look at some of the different forums to get some ideas. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Adam

Old 08-16-2016, 11:37 AM
XBarbarian
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome! Nice choice!

Old 08-16-2016, 02:26 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Very nice! Know what you mean, I find my MINI entertaining even when stuck in traffic!

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:18 PM
bratling
Super Moderator
Received 217 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by RockMini
Thank you both of you. These things I hear can be compared to Harleys, as MINI can really make some money on the accessories the sell for them. I want to do a few things to this one and I will look at some of the different forums to get some ideas. Thanks again for the warm welcome
Mini's accessories catalog is a consumer dream *grin* the neatest "you-ifications" are when people do their own thing, creating their own style out of the plethora of not just OEM but aftermarket and homemade changes.

Unlike Harley's, though... MINI's actually perform well.

Snarkiness aside, the comparison is apt, both for the revenue for the maker and for the customization to each owner. One of the great challenges of selling stuff is extracting the most money each buyer is willing to spend. The traditional choices are set prices high, and lose some sales, or set prices low, and leave some money on the table. With MINI, BMW has done handsomely with a third choice: sell a base, then sell lots and lots of high-margin add-ons. (You think those mirror caps I love cost $150 a piece to make?) For the buyer, even though you are buying a mass produced item, you get to really make it yours, not just like every other boring standard grey car out there. It really is a win for both buyer and seller.

Anyway, welcome to the forum! I'm a happy F55 owner too, for less than a couple months (though it's my 3rd MINI). I've been trying to decide if I want to spring Gold Jack side mirrors and sunroof graphic