1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mini Owner in Ohio...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 05:31 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
New MINI Owner

Originally Posted by bgdrewsif
Yeah, I went all-in on working within the 'Apple Ecosystem" in 2006 and have never used anything other than apple macs, iPad, iPods, an iPhone, and an Apple TV since then... Never once had a problem with any of them... Apple builds a far superior product by controlling the entire design and fabrication process and I am continually amazed by the seamless integration and synergy that exists between all of my 'i-devices'. Everything is continually synchronized and updated to everything else instantly... and I can use any one device to access any content on any of the other devices from anywhere in the world with an internet connection... it is just a brilliant system. I would not want a windows PC even if they paid me to use it... (Yes, I know, I am an 'Apple Snob") I only upgraded my 2006 college-era MacBook to a new MacBook Air this year... nearly 10 years on my old macbook (and it still works!) I do most of my video editing on my MacMini (no MINI relationship) which is plugged into my 46" HD tv with a wireless keyboard and trackpad... I work with large video files and a huge library of images so my MacMini has a high end processor, video card, and 2TB Fusion drive to store it all.. so I do all my videos on a 46-inch screen in HD and publish them to be best viewed on a larger screen without losing quality... When I work on my videos, I expect them to look good on a large tv screen and just as good on a cell phone screen also.
Good info. iPhone user for years but never an airbook, and my last Mac desktop was in the Dark Ages. Will definitely give that some consideration as the integration across product platforms is what this digital age is all about.

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 06-12-2016, 03:45 PM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Will I get my MINI this week? We shall see... Other people whose MINIs sailed over with mine have already taken delivery... hoping for the high phone call or e-mail Monday and maybe drive down to Columbus after I get out of work at 3:30... already put in to take Tuesday and Wednesday off as vacation days...

Old 06-13-2016, 12:32 PM
Scubagal
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bgdrewsif
Will I get my MINI this week? We shall see... Other people whose MINIs sailed over with mine have already taken delivery... hoping for the high phone call or e-mail Monday and maybe drive down to Columbus after I get out of work at 3:30... already put in to take Tuesday and Wednesday off as vacation days...
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Took Vivienne on a long drive Saturday; first time really driving in the dark and the light sensing rearview and side mirrors are amazing!

Old 06-13-2016, 02:47 PM
bgdrewsif
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Scubagal
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Took Vivienne on a long drive Saturday; first time really driving in the dark and the light sensing rearview and side mirrors are amazing!
I called Ask-MINI this afternoon, my vehicle is STILL at the Vehicle Distribution Center in Baltimore and has not even made it onto a truck yet... was supposed to have shipped on the 11th but did not for reasons unknown...