1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello Everyone

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 10:10 AM
C.K.New
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Everyone

Hi, my name is Christian and I'm new to the site. I'm currently serving in Fort Bragg, NC. I own a Chili Red 2009 R56S with all the lovely German engineering inherited. I'm guilty of abusing my car and looking forward to more abuse. It has just under 80k miles on it and I'm the second owner. I'm not mechanically inclined but I'm not entirely ignorant either. All I need is direction and I can manage. I'm joining the site because I don't know where to start with upgrades, besides getting a catch can soon. Although my wallet is tight presently, I'm looking for advice on gradually getting this müll to become a monster. End goal being around 300 hp but not too flashy cosmetically. The most I want in that department is the M7 hood scoop and a little more noise in the rear. Any help near or far would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for having me.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:19 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM, Christian! Post some pictures of your R56 for us when you can. For an exhaust option, I really enjoy REMUS HERE. Super great sound, quality, and craftsmanship. There is also the aFe exhaust option. If you Google r56 remus exhaust a bunch of sound clips will pop up for you to check out. I do enjoy the look of the M7 Speed Vortex Scoop. We have it HERE as well. For that type of power I'd suggest contacting WMW or DT (both vendors on this forum) to see what they can offer in terms of power and meeting your goal. I like to work from the ground up when it comes to builds. I start with suspension/brakes and then work my way into engine modifications. if you have any questions please don't hesitate to let me know!

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 04-26-2016, 12:40 PM
C.K.New
Neutral
Whoa

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Welcome to NAM, Christian! Post some pictures of your R56 for us when you can. For an exhaust option, I really enjoy REMUS HERE. Super great sound, quality, and craftsmanship. There is also the aFe exhaust option. If you Google r56 remus exhaust a bunch of sound clips will pop up for you to check out. I do enjoy the look of the M7 Speed Vortex Scoop. We have it HERE as well. For that type of power I'd suggest contacting WMW or DT (both vendors on this forum) to see what they can offer in terms of power and meeting your goal. I like to work from the ground up when it comes to builds. I start with suspension/brakes and then work my way into engine modifications. if you have any questions please don't hesitate to let me know!
Wow. I love those sound clips. I've never heard of Remus before but I like that it's right between a ricer and a Borla growl. I appreciate the advice, and I'm definitely gonna look into that exhaust.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:59 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Welcome aboard C.K. There are several articles about tuning your R56 engine and suspension through several stages:

http://new.minimania.com/Search_Results/tuning/All

Installing a Sprint Booster and cold air intake with performance filter are also first modifications for many MINI owners.

http://new.minimania.com/Search_Resu...nt%20boost/All

Please feel free to ask questions, and let us know if we can help!

Old 04-26-2016, 01:09 PM
C.K.New
Neutral
Thanks

Originally Posted by Mini Mania
Welcome aboard C.K. There are several articles about tuning your R56 engine and suspension through several stages:

http://new.minimania.com/Search_Results/tuning/All

Installing a Sprint Booster and cold air intake with performance filter are also first modifications for many MINI owners.

http://new.minimania.com/Search_Resu...nt%20boost/All

Please feel free to ask questions, and let us know if we can help!
I've actually looked into that before, and I agree I should get those. I was looking into the K&N intake that utilizes the hood scoop sort of like a short ram. And does anyone have a non-bias, fact based opinion on RaceChip versus Sprint Booster?

Old 04-26-2016, 04:11 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Cold Air Intake

Originally Posted by C.K.New
I've actually looked into that before, and I agree I should get those. I was looking into the K&N intake that utilizes the hood scoop sort of like a short ram. And does anyone have a non-bias, fact based opinion on RaceChip versus Sprint Booster?
You're welcome! Here's the cold air intake selection and articles, maybe it's what you are looking for?

http://new.minimania.com/Search_Resu...r%20intake/All

Old 04-26-2016, 07:06 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 761 Likes on 621 Posts
Welcome. We are happy to help as we have been working and building MINIs for the last 14yrs, so feel free to email us.
Unfortunately the Sprint Booster doesn't give you any power, it only changes the throttle response. But since you have such high goals you will end up needing a custom ECU tune so that will take care of the throttle response like the sprint booster.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more