1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Lyfisin
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all of you have ordered their Coopers, you are my heroes. Even more the ones who had to endure the 2 week factory shutdown. This seems like it is taking forever.

I ordered mine on 9/16 and completed production on 10/6. I'm currently waiting on a ship assignment since 10/10 and the wait seems like it taking for-ev-er. It's looking like any ship that might be carrying it to Georgia will show up around the 4th or 5th of November and still needs to be trucked to Dallas.

/sigh

Thank you all for keeping the anticipation under control as you continue with your own updates and posting your pictures. I've seen some great looking cars here.

Lyf

Old 10-14-2013, 02:18 PM
banderlin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Lyfisin
I ordered mine on 9/16 and completed production on 10/6. I'm currently waiting on a ship assignment since 10/10 and the wait seems like it taking for-ev-er. It's looking like any ship that might be carrying it to Georgia will show up around the 4th or 5th of November and still needs to be trucked to Dallas.
Don't rely on the OL - call the 800 #. My OL didn't say "En Route" until 3-5 days into the journey. Even the WW site didn't update with my VIN until that time. It all seems dependent on that, so you may not know what ship it's on until it already set sail.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Lyfisin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by banderlin
Don't rely on the OL - call the 800 #. My OL didn't say "En Route" until 3-5 days into the journey. Even the WW site didn't update with my VIN until that time. It all seems dependent on that, so you may not know what ship it's on until it already set sail.
I'm hoping that's the case, but I'm prepared for the worst. Got an update from my MA this morning who also indicated it was waiting on vessel assignment, but still hoping he is wrong. I have been using the ASK-MINI number and agree that it is better than the OL site. I just put the VIN in the WW site no records found.

It'll get here. I just have to be patient.

Lyf

Old 10-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Grumpy_i_m
2nd Gear
News Flash!!!!

Got an update from my MA this morning.
My S Coupe has arrived at the dealer.
We have scheduled pick up for Thursday.
On order August 3. Scheduled pick up Oct 17.
2 days short of 11 weeks.
With any luck the wait is about over.

I cannot tell you how much easier this journey has been made by sharing the journey with others waiting here on this thread.
I will post pic's soon as I can.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope it isn't a train heading my way.

Later.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:54 PM
swjtx
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Grumpy_i_m
News Flash!!!!

I cannot tell you how much easier this journey has been made by sharing the journey with others waiting here on this thread.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope it isn't a train heading my way.

Later.
Mine was exactly 9 weeks. In Human time, that would be 9 months so right on time. Weighed in at 2877 lbs and already 155.9 inches long!

Amazingly she slept clear through her first night home but I didn't.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:23 PM
MINIDraftFarm
2nd Gear
I found out why my MINI is still at the VDC after being unloaded on Oct. 3.

My MA called them today. My Mini's bumper was scratched so they ordered a whole new bumper for it. Apparently the bumpers are easy take off and add ons. They didn't want to just "fix it", but completely get a new one. It's supposed to load onto the truck this Friday. Of course, it would happen to mine.

I am enjoying all the pictures and stories of everyone's new MINI's though. I'm jealous. I had appointments made this week for tint, clear bra, and stripes. I rescheduled them for next week with the understanding that they may need to be changed yet again.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:51 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
News Flash!!!!

Later.
Great news. I know the wait has been long, but it will be worth it!

Old 10-14-2013, 06:56 PM
swjtx
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MINIDraftFarm

My MA called them today. My Mini's bumper was scratched so they ordered a whole new bumper for it. Apparently the bumpers are easy take off and add ons. They didn't want to just "fix it", but completely get a new one. It's supposed to load onto the truck this Friday. Of course, it would happen to mine.

I am enjoying all the pictures and stories of everyone's new MINI's though. I'm jealous. I had appointments made this week for tint, clear bra, and stripes. I rescheduled them for next week with the understanding that they may need to be changed yet again.
I would have bet it would happen to mine. Murphy stalks me. Sorry to hear, hang in there. Maybe you can parlay this into a little bit of a discount? I'd start by asking for $1000 and settle for $500 but that might just be me talking big from many miles away.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:58 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
News Flash!!!!

Later.
Great update. Looking forward to the pictures. Having this thread has helped us all get through the waiting period. I will toast you Thursday evening with a nice glass of bourbon with just a little bit of ice floating on top

Old 10-14-2013, 07:06 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear

Well at least you have the answer and better to get it replaced now then show up at the dealer like that. Just to bad it took so long to tell you.

Look forward to pictures next week!

Old 10-14-2013, 07:56 PM
KennyR
4th Gear

Yours is the first I've heard of that received a real explanation for a VDC delay. Sorry to hear, but at least MINI is fixing it properly rather than just touching up / buffing out the paint. I don't expect you'll get a price discount from your dealer for a VDC delay of maybe 2 weeks (it's not your dealer or MA's fault), but hopefully you'll be driving it in a few more days.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Spaceinvader
1st Gear
My wait begins

You guys are lucky your wait is over. Ordered my two weeks ago and still have at least 6 weeks to go. The wait is killing me. Thank god for this forum for when I get the itch. Which is every 9 minutes or so.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:01 AM
Goldielocks
1st Gear
Thanks, Kilmer!

Old 10-15-2013, 04:51 AM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
News Flash!!!! Got an update from my MA this morning. My S Coupe has arrived at the dealer. We have scheduled pick up for Thursday. On order August 3. Scheduled pick up Oct 17. 2 days short of 11 weeks. With any luck the wait is about over. I cannot tell you how much easier this journey has been made by sharing the journey with others waiting here on this thread. I will post pic's soon as I can. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope it isn't a train heading my way. Later.
Congrats you're almost there!
But 11 weeks?!! I guess I'll just have to expect for the same rather than the the usual 6-8 weeks..

Who in here have received their MINI in less than 6 weeks?

My MA put in my order on 10/4 and so far the OL says it's still "on order". Maybe I should call the 800# in hope of getting a more updated status All I have is the JCW exterior package and MINI Connected package so I hope it won't take that long since they wouldn't have to install anything at the VDC...

Old 10-15-2013, 06:25 AM
swjtx
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by b00sted09
But 11 weeks?!! I guess I'll just have to expect for the same rather than the the usual 6-8 weeks..

My MA put in my order on 10/4 and so far the OL says it's still "on order". Maybe I should call the 800# in hope of getting a more updated status All I have is the JCW exterior package and MINI Connected package so I hope it won't take that long since they wouldn't have to install anything at the VDC...
Best advice I can think of is plan for 12/4 and forget about it until late Nov.

A watched pot never boils. Actually it does but while you're standing there looking and waiting, it starts to feel like it never will.

Your car will be built and delivered on the same schedule whether you check on it 10,000 times or none at all. Good luck!

Old 10-15-2013, 08:35 AM
MINIDraftFarm
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by KennyR
Yours is the first I've heard of that received a real explanation for a VDC delay. Sorry to hear, but at least MINI is fixing it properly rather than just touching up / buffing out the paint. I don't expect you'll get a price discount from your dealer for a VDC delay of maybe 2 weeks (it's not your dealer or MA's fault), but hopefully you'll be driving it in a few more days.
My MA is pretty good if I do say so myself...even with some of the standard MINI training replies I've received. He's always provided whatever I asked of him and quickly. I think he was surprised as well that he got to speak with someone at the VDC. I don't think I'll get any more discounts. I already got $1200 knocked off a new order. He said they want it to be perfect and not just fixed. That's good to know. It will be on the disclosure. Before I could say anything, he said we would go over the car with a fine toothed comb. That made me feel a bit better. My husband said if 1 car out of a million had to have something go wrong, mine would be it. I have that kind of luck. I wish I had the reverse of that. I would play the lottery non-stop

So what seems like an eternal wait continues. I remember the old days of getting to track the Michigan Highway when she was in range...fond memories.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:52 AM
Spicy13
Neutral

We really lucked out. We managed to get our order into our dealer's allotment they day before they locked in the production (or pretty close to it).

9/8 Ordered
9/19 Released to carrier (Oxford)
10/2 Arrived in NY
10/11 Delivered

It felt like it was taking forever at the time, but in retrospect we were incredibly lucky. Just over 4 weeks really. We probably would've gotten it on 10/5 if we hadn't ordered the Sport Stripes which had to be installed at the VDC.

All in all, well worth the wait.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:56 AM
RavenGirl
2nd Gear

My MA told me 8-10 weeks, so it looks like I will be over that timeframe.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:15 AM
b00sted09
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RavenGirl
My MA told me 8-10 weeks, so it looks like I will be over that timeframe.
When did you order yours?
I called the toll free number and it says now that it's scheduled for production - a week after placing the order. So, I guess it's making good progress?

Old 10-15-2013, 12:56 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Spicy13
We really lucked out. We managed to get our order into our dealer's allotment they day before they locked in the production (or pretty close to it).

9/8 Ordered
9/19 Released to carrier (Oxford)
10/2 Arrived in NY
10/11 Delivered

It felt like it was taking forever at the time, but in retrospect we were incredibly lucky. Just over 4 weeks really. We probably would've gotten it on 10/5 if we hadn't ordered the Sport Stripes which had to be installed at the VDC.

All in all, well worth the wait.
At about 33 days from order-build-ship-delivery, your is one of the fastest builds I've seen! Yes, you're lucky to have a dealer who would fit you into an existing build slot, and you live relatively close to your VDC. Nice to know!

Old 10-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Dogwhistle
2nd Gear
I got lucky too, right at 30 days start to finish! Still seemed like forever...

Old 10-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Dogwhistle
2nd Gear
I do see a common thread in Spicy13 and my quick deliveries - we both ordered Justas! Guess you turbo lovers gotta wait in the que!

Old 10-15-2013, 04:36 PM
MINIDraftFarm
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Dogwhistle
I do see a common thread in Spicy13 and my quick deliveries - we both ordered Justas! Guess you turbo lovers gotta wait in the que!
Good observation

Old 10-15-2013, 04:52 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Good observation
Good to know, but as the saying goes: "Once you go 'S', you won't settle for less."
(Actually I just made that up).

Old 10-15-2013, 05:37 PM
banderlin
2nd Gear
The Aida is due back on AIS any second now in Canadian waters. Any... second... now... I think the AIS website is getting tired of me checking. There's also a sailboat named Aida in Monaco that has been throwing me off.

I asked my MA about getting a grill badge mount, hopefully they have 'em. I now have my decorations all ordered and will schedule the tinting for mid November.

Nope, not too excited at all. Not me.

<heads to refresh the AIS website>

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group