1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 04:29 PM
SheldonCoopr
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KennyR
My car was changed in the Owner's Lounge to "in production" the day I got my VIN number, and was completed in 8 days (status not yet changed), so hopefully yours will be moving along a bit quicker than the original completion date they gave you.

I wonder if your build timing is "off" due to your vehicle order getting switched into one of your dealer's existing slots...that was a bit quicker than others. Anyway, now we just wait!
Good things come to those who wait patiently! I am creating new holes in my wine cellar that will require re-filling during this waiting period.

These forums definitely help expand my Mini knowledge base. Thanks to all the contributors here with the informative posts.

I plan on doing own detailing now and skipping dealer program. One of the last decisions is extended maintenance.......

Old 08-15-2013, 08:08 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SheldonCoopr
Good things come to those who wait patiently! I am creating new holes in my wine cellar that will require re-filling during this waiting period.

These forums definitely help expand my Mini knowledge base. Thanks to all the contributors here with the informative posts.

I plan on doing own detailing now and skipping dealer program. One of the last decisions is extended maintenance.......
MINI OL just changed my status today to "Awaiting Transport", 2 days after the target production completion date!. Will plan to give them a call next week to try and determine the ship and departure date to Baltimore.

I've always enjoyed washing and detailing my 2010 S Convertible (with the occasional trip to the dealer for a free wash). It allows me to check (and fix) any minor scratches, tar residue, etc. I usually get the new car urge before getting too far into the extended warranty period, so it's usually not for me. If you plan to keep yours for many years, it may be of value to you. Actually, I think there are 2 choices: an extended maintenance plan (beyond the free 36 months) or an extended warranty.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Mad River Arms
1st Gear
Well it's official I ordered my Pepper White Clubman S today Now the waiting begins...

Old 08-17-2013, 02:58 PM
KennyR
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mad River Arms
Well it's official I ordered my Pepper White Clubman S today Now the waiting begins...
Congrats! The waiting can be frustrating, but hopefully you have found the threads and other info on NAM on how to track your MINIs production status, helpful info that your motoring advisor can provide, etc. It seems the 2014s are all in full production, and the wait timeframes for ordering>pre-production>production>awaiting transport, etc. all seem to be pretty much as described for "average" delivery in about 6-7 weeks after ordering. My last 15+ cars purchased were all "off the lot", so waiting for a car is an unusual experience for me, but it will be exactly what I wanted.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:35 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Ordered my 2014 Roadster S today. Supposedly goes into production on September 2nd with an ETA of September 26th. We'll wait and see.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:58 PM
Sundrenched
Neutral
"Those waiting for a 2014"

Originally Posted by grmnxtc
Thought I'd start a new thread, as today I received my confirmation number for my (well the wife's!) 2014 JCW Clubman...

Whoohoo! Let the countdown, anticipation and stress begin.....

Anyone else joining the 2014 club???

Well, my salesman says my 2014 arrived at the dealership this past Friday although I never heard back from him to confirm. I've made arrangements to pick it up on Wednesday Aug. 21 if it's really here? It's been 16 long weeks and mine went from a 2013 to a 2014 somewhere in between?
BTW - I was told those in Canada can't track their new Mini's... that took a bit of fun out of the waiting?

Old 08-18-2013, 09:11 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tampadave
Ordered my 2014 Roadster S today. Supposedly goes into production on September 2nd with an ETA of September 26th. We'll wait and see.
A public congrats to you Dave. Let the wait begin.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:29 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mr. T
A public congrats to you Dave. Let the wait begin.
Thank you very much, sir! It took me a while to work out the details, as you know, but I'm sure the Roadster will be worth the wait.

How do you like the name "John Bull"? I've never named a vehicle before, but it suddenly came to me. What the heck, right?

Old 08-19-2013, 05:20 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
How do you like the name "John Bull"? I've never named a vehicle before, but it suddenly came to me. What the heck, right?
Before I give you my stamp of approval on the name. How about a little background story.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:38 PM
TheMike
2nd Gear
We've ordered our '14 Spicey Orange MCS Convertible. Ordered 8/2, production with a VIN started 8/12. Dealer told me 6-8 weeks total. Will see.

I have estimates for everything EXCEPT the actual voyage time. Once it leave the port, anyone have an idea how long it takes to get to the west coast? I know it goes through the Panama Canal.

Anywho, aside from it being an S Convertible, we are getting:

City Pack
Cold Weather Pack
Sport Package
Tech Package - all the goodies with Nav
Manual Trans
Sport Suspension
Adaptive Lighting
Rain Sensors and Auto Headlamps
Rear Fogs
Retractable Headlamp Washers
Auto Climate
Wind deflector
* Magnetic Stone Guards
* Driving Lamps
* Short Antenna
* Mudflaps

* I will install myself

It's been a long time coming. In 07 I ordered up a JCW MCS Convertible while the factory was still doing those upgrades. Ended up going a totally different route.

My wife is English and it's always been her dream car to have a Mini Convertible. She doesn't care about the extras so the S and other stuff is for my motoring pleasure.

We are both going nuts waiting!!!! I know we are not alone. Support group anyone??

Old 08-20-2013, 07:57 AM
Marination
1st Gear
Hi TheMike,
It takes about 22 days, varies for weather etc.
My MINI left Southampton August 13 and is expected to arrive in Port Hueneme on September 4.
If your car is going via the same shipping line, Wallenius Wilhelmsen, the next boat leaves Southampton August 27 and arrives in California September 18. The next cargo ship after that leaves September 10 and arrives October 2.
If you have the VIN number you can go to their website and track via cargo ID. Just make sure and verify shipment a few days later. My MINI made it on a boat August 3 but then was returned to the shipper, I didn't realize she was kicked off the boat for an entire week.....
www.2wglobal.com

Old 08-20-2013, 11:37 AM
jwardell
6th Gear
My 2014 Paceman is supposed to be setting foot in the US tomorrow. So hopefully I'm about a week away!
I'm busy ordering all my accessories and customizations.
Remember to download and review the manuals while you wait!

Old 08-20-2013, 02:07 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Before I give you my stamp of approval on the name. How about a little background story.
I was a European History major at the University of South Florida in my undergraduate days. As a life-long Anglophile, my specific emphasis was the study of British history. Most of my family came from England. I've owned three MG rag tops and two Jaguars. My wife is on her third consecutive Jaguar. I wanted a British slant on my name for the Roadster, so I began thinking about it. "John Bull" was the first name that popped into my mind. I considered other British legendary figures, but John Bull personifies the spirit and people of Great Britain, not unlike Uncle Sam in the United States. And so, "John Bull" it is. The name feels right. I knew it immediately.

Dave

P.S. My wife is a French Canadian, so I would love to honor her family from Montreal. But somehow, "Pierre" just didn't sound right.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:17 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mad River Arms
I joined you in ordering a Pepper White vehicle (see signature below). I only hope your patience is better than mine. Good luck!

Old 08-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Montgoau
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Marination
MINI loaded on the Topeka this morning, eta 9/4 Port Hueneme!

Ordered 6/28, into production 7/19, production complete 7/29(estimate), boarded Topeka 8/13

2014 Kite blue MINI Clubman, black roof, MINI Yours Package with Satellite Gray Interior name TBD but leaning towards Folly
Looks like we are on the same boat. I got my order in about a week before you did.

CMS All4
Blazing Red / Black
Fully Load Package
Black Lounge Leather
Black Bonnet & Side Stripes
Driving Lights

Old 08-21-2013, 12:35 PM
TheMike
2nd Gear
Marination,

That's all good to know. Thanks for the time to post all that.

My dealership just told me it's scheduled for completion 9/5. If what you say is true I wonder if it will make the 9/10 boat.

I find it interesting that once it's "scheduled for production", changes can't be made. It's a bummer really as stripes were part of the package but we didn't select them. Now we have to pay for an after the fact installation if we still want them. That sucks!

Last edited by TheMike; 08-21-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Most of my family came from England...
With all that English heritage, I thought you might be able to pull a few names out of the family hat for your future Roadster. One of my English ancestors was my 9th great grandfather John Cooper, but using that name for my Roadster seemed way too obvious. Because I got the JCW trim package, my door sills pay homage to not only MINI's John Cooper but coincidentally to my 9th great grandfather as well. Unfortunately, a name for my Roadster is still under consideration.

At least you supplied a bit of background information supporting your choice for the name John Bull, interesting story and thanks.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:38 PM
tampadave
5th Gear
With all that English heritage, I thought you might be able to pull a few names out of the family hat for your future Roadster. One of my English ancestors was my 9th great grandfather John Cooper, but using that name for my Roadster seemed way too obvious. Because I got the JCW trim package, my door sills pay homage to not only MINI's John Cooper but coincidentally to my 9th great grandfather as well. Unfortunately, a name for my Roadster is still under consideration.

At least you supplied a bit of background information supporting your choice for the name John Bull, interesting story and thanks.
John Cooper X?

Old 08-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Montgoau
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TheMike
Marination,

That's all good to know. Thanks for the time to post all that.

My dealership just told me it's scheduled for completion 9/5. If what you say is true I wonder if it will make the 9/10 boat.

I find it interesting that once it's "scheduled for production", changes can't be made. It's a bummer really as stripes were part of the package but we didn't select them. Now we have to pay for an after the fact installation if we still want them. That sucks!
That would be cutting it pretty close, my production wrapped up on the 7/26, it wasn't at the "In Transit to Port" state until 7/31 and then it didn't arrive at the port until 8/2 and made it onto a boat that left on 8/10.

Your times may vary a bit since you car is built in the UK and it's journey to the port is shorter, but it would be surprising (and cool) if it made it on the 9/10 boat.

Are you buying from Loveland MINI or Schomp?

Old 08-21-2013, 03:27 PM
TheMike
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Montgoau
....Are you buying from Loveland MINI or Schomp?
Loveland. I dealt with Schomp back in '07 when I didn't have a choice in where I went. I think it showed as I was never real pleased in the overall feel I got there. Loveland is closer to me too so I didn't consider going back to Schomp.

Last edited by TheMike; 08-21-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:37 PM
TheMike
2nd Gear
Hey Montgoau,

You know Rich and Teena up here in Longmont? They're very active in the Mini community and they're neighbors of mine. Once we get our Mini, I'll be offering my garage and such for wrenching days. I have a 2 post lift, heated and cooled setup.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Montgoau
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TheMike
Hey Montgoau,

You know Rich and Teena up here in Longmont? They're very active in the Mini community and they're neighbors of mine. Once we get our Mini, I'll be offering my garage and such for wrenching days. I have a 2 post lift, heated and cooled setup.
I may know them. Are they involved with MINI5280? I used to do a lot of their club events but not so much anymore. I'm sure my interest will spark up again once the new car arrives.

I bought my first MCS from Schomp in '04. For the most part I've liked them but over the past few years I've felt that their customer service hasn't been what it used to be. I'm in Broomfield so I'm half way between the two dealers. Loveland gave me a much better offer and were more responsive when I was getting ready to place my new order so I though I would change it up this time and head north.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:25 PM
TheMike
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Montgoau

I may know them. Are they involved with MINI5280? I used to do a lot of their club events but not so much anymore. I'm sure my interest will spark up again once the new car arrives.

I bought my first MCS from Schomp in '04. For the most part I've liked them but over the past few years I've felt that their customer service hasn't been what it used to be. I'm in Broomfield so I'm half way between the two dealers. Loveland gave me a much better offer and were more responsive when I was getting ready to place my new order so I though I would change it up this time and head north.
Yes, he's one of the nominees for Prez. I've already joined (so I can vote). You should get back into it. I really enjoy this stuff, themed groups and events. I hope to get very involved as I need another hobby

Old 08-23-2013, 01:38 PM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear
Congratulations! You are going to love your new Roadster S.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:45 PM
WolfsBane
3rd Gear
Message deleted.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group