1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mini owner help, electrical!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Pinhigh
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mini owner help, electrical!!

Hello, I have recently purchased an 2005 Mini S "Chili Red". Love it! I needed to replace the license plate light because the originals have corroded. Ordered new after market LED to replace. Originals have 4 wires drivers side 3 wires passenger side. After carefully connecting new clamps i installed the drivers side light,all good. Went to install passenger side and had no power. In the process of electrical testing all of the wires i closed the Boot and when trying to re-open it no power. The drivers side light still working. Took the entire Boot grip(light housing-electrical) off tested again. Boot release switch tested out good,passenger wires still no power. Drivers side light started flashing when the car lights were off but were solid when car lights were on. Checked all fuses, appear to be ok. Tried rolling down passenger window but had no power. Locks still work but not the window. Checked fuses again but still no help. No idea what to do next! Any ideas of what i might be missing? Sorry for the babble but it has gotten frustrating for me. Thanks!

Old 04-30-2011, 07:51 AM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
Hopefully you did not let the wires touch....and short.
if you did...check the fuses....if they are ok, then the bcm (body control module) might have gotten dammaged somehow....
have you tried reinstalling the oem light to see if it works..rule out an issue with the new light/wiring, etc.