1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi Everybody!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 08:14 AM
Anubys
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Everybody!

Hey guys and gals,

I've been reading these forums for quite some time now and I have decided it's time to make my first post!

I'll get right into it; I have a 04 MCS (Chili Red) with about 80k miles on it, which I like to call Hugo! I bought the car in '06 and have not really done anything to it other then the engine damper and Mini Madness CAI. I have also changed the brakes once (I now have some nice cross drilled rotors and some decent pads) and of course the regular oil changes.

My question to you is what, if anything, should I be checking up on or doing to my MINI to make sure that it's in tip top shape and performing well. I heard about installing an OCC and cleaning the IC but that's about it, is there any other suggestions?

Thanks a million and hope to be posting more often as my interest in Hugo has been renewed this spring!

Old 05-20-2010, 08:41 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Obviously keep up on oil changes. Also with 80k you may be due for front control arm bushings. Belt been replaced? How bout plugs and wires?

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 05-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Anubys
Neutral
None of the belts were replaced yet, plugs and wires are done though.

Just got Hugo back from the shop, had some wheel bearing issues taken care of as well as an oil change and a tranny fluid change as well, I know they say that the fluid is lifetime but man what a difference it made for shifting!

Thanks for the reply!

Old 05-20-2010, 11:01 PM
BensMini
6th Gear
Welcome to the forum, sounds like the '04 is still going good, might should think about the belts.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:34 AM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome

Old 05-21-2010, 07:34 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Howdy! Wishing you and Hugo happy motoring this summer!