1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WEEK 24 2009 SUPPORT GROUP

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 07:47 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I talked with my MA in Nashville mid-afternoon. He said my car had left Georgia Highway and had been cleared out of the port. He said it was waiting So. Pacific RR movement and expected it would be there tonight and be processed tomorrow.

Unfortunately for me, that means it is not likely to be ready Saturday. Why sad? Because Sunday they aren't open to issue the car to me and next week I'm the only one in the office and can't take even half a day off to go get the car 2hours up the road. So, that leaves the following Saturday which is--you got it--4th of July! No workee at MINI of Nashville, sayeth my MA.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Blaise
1st Gear
Wayne: thanks for the port link for the FAUST.

rc: I feel your pain. I hope there is some way you can pick up your baby. I think I'd be really depressed and frustrated.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:49 AM
Liquid
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rrcaniglia
I talked with my MA in Nashville mid-afternoon. He said my car had left Georgia Highway and had been cleared out of the port. He said it was waiting So. Pacific RR movement and expected it would be there tonight and be processed tomorrow.

Unfortunately for me, that means it is not likely to be ready Saturday. Why sad? Because Sunday they aren't open to issue the car to me and next week I'm the only one in the office and can't take even half a day off to go get the car 2hours up the road. So, that leaves the following Saturday which is--you got it--4th of July! No workee at MINI of Nashville, sayeth my MA.
I know how you feel. We were hoping to get ours on Tuesday, but we're not sure now. Tuesday my wife is off work, but after that, one of the other Doctors in the practice is leaving and another is starting maternity leave, so she can NOT be off again til the next Tuesday (well, Saturday but they're not open as you said). :-(

Old 06-26-2009, 10:42 AM
TheMadDane
3rd Gear
I'm jealous! Mine won't be in California until July 3rd, and then it has to make the 2 week VDC/Trek up to San Francisco!

Old 06-26-2009, 05:19 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
Evening, Friends.

MA says my MINI is confirmed cleared out of VDC, is awaiting transportation, and should arrive at Nashville Monday. Ready Tuesday after High Noon. Of course, that still means The Mad Dane and I should get our cars about the same time.

All things happen for a reason, you know. (Note that I am engaging in the high art of using philosophy as an emotional palliative. A kind of benign self-hypnotism.)

Ummmmmmmmmmmm...everythinghappensforareasoneveryth inghappensforareasoneverythinghappensforareasoneve rythinghappensforareasonthere's noplacelikehomeeverythinghappensforareasoneverythi nghappensforareasoneverythinghappensforareason...

Old 06-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Liquid
4th Gear
Woohoo, seems my wife's Mini has been "released to the carrier". Which means two things.

#1. We get the current 1.9% Financing!
#2. The Mini will most likely be available for pickup on Tuesday!!!!!

YAY! This is all impressive since it's been almost exactly a 4 week turnaround from when the order was placed....kudos to Cincy Mini for jumping the car up in line for production! (They had another car that was already submitted that was to begin production, thus they just changed it's options but kept the same spot in line). :-)

Old 06-27-2009, 11:33 AM
AVMini101
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Liquid
Woohoo, seems my wife's Mini has been "released to the carrier". Which means two things.

#1. We get the current 1.9% Financing!
#2. The Mini will most likely be available for pickup on Tuesday!!!!!

YAY! This is all impressive since it's been almost exactly a 4 week turnaround from when the order was placed....kudos to Cincy Mini for jumping the car up in line for production! (They had another car that was already submitted that was to begin production, thus they just changed it's options but kept the same spot in line). :-)
Hey, congratulations Liquid
We have heard no such word from our MA, but hopefully our "Little Red Wagon" will be released soon. Then just a short drive up to Minnesota, where it will be "released" to us!!

Old 06-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Blaise
1st Gear
Congrats Liquid! I heard from my MA also. Keagan made it through the VDC and is on her way to her new home. My MA said if it got here early enough today, I might get it by tonight, but that was unlikely. Otherwise, she should be ready for pickup on Monday!! WooHooo! I've got to get my camera ready. I've already got my matching outfit picked out for our first meeting.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:54 PM
MiniMastiff
Neutral
Got word that my Laser blue JCW will be able to be picked up in Philly on Monday. Oh yeah.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:07 PM
AVMini101
2nd Gear
Me to, Me to!!

Just got an email from my MA. It's on the truck and should be here on or about July 1st.

Yahooooooo

Old 06-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Liquid
4th Gear
Looks like it's turning out to be good news all around :-)

Old 06-28-2009, 07:34 AM
zsqure
3rd Gear
Mine is getting closer also, sport stripes and JCW spoiler installed at the VDC Friday. My MA will get back to me Monday with more info Says it should hit their lot late this week.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:07 PM
AVMini101
2nd Gear
A proposal for pics

OK folks, I have a proposal for those on this "Week 24" thread. Since our MC's have been "stable mates" either on the boat, or at least close to each other on the assembly line, how about some pictures? I propose that we all post pics on our gallery's of our new additions. I think they should be taken either on the day of delivery or soon there after. With the exception of one or two of us, there are presently no pics in any of our gallery's. This will give us a chance to get off to a good start on them. I also think it would be a good idea to include ourselves in a couple of the pictures. What do you think?

Old 06-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Liquid
4th Gear
Originally Posted by AVMini101
OK folks, I have a proposal for those on this "Week 24" thread. Since our MC's have been "stable mates" either on the boat, or at least close to each other on the assembly line, how about some pictures? I propose that we all post pics on our gallery's of our new additions. I think they should be taken either on the day of delivery or soon there after. With the exception of one or two of us, there are presently no pics in any of our gallery's. This will give us a chance to get off to a good start on them. I also think it would be a good idea to include ourselves in a couple of the pictures. What do you think?
You can guarantee I'll post pics :-) I also am going to be taking pics of my wife's MCS along with Mine.........we've even though of making it our "christmas card" this year since mine's green and hers is red. haha

Old 06-28-2009, 06:26 PM
zsqure
3rd Gear
You got it. Pics right away. Well as soon as I get it.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Liquid
4th Gear
WOOHOO! We're picking ours up tomorrow around 4PM EST :-)

Old 06-30-2009, 04:48 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
Well, fellow NAMers, here is my story. Arrived Charleston 24 Jun on Georgia Highway. Released from the VDC on the 25th. Today, it finally left en route Nashville. Why the delay? The trucking car carrier had to wait for another boat to arrive, discharge, send a few Nashville-region cars through VDC to make a full load before they would bring mine.

Pickup date is Friday.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Blaise
1st Gear
Keagan has arrived!!

Well, my MA was a bit off. Keagan did not arrive in Buffalo on Saturday. Nor on Monday. I was beginning to think she might not get here today, but around 3:30 PM I got the call. She had just rolled off the truck along with 7 other MINIs and BMWs. Maintenance department was real busy. Keagan was ready to be picked up at 8 PM. Time to fill out the paperwork and get the detailed brief from the MA! Dealer closes at 9 PM. MA wrapped up my brief at 9:30 PM and still had 1 more customer to deal with when I motored out of the service bay! Keagan is home and doing well.

Attached are some quick pics. I'll post more and better later. It's late now and I'm going to get some shut eye. Big day motoring tomorrow!

Attached Thumbnails WEEK 24 2009 SUPPORT GROUP-p6300013.jpg   WEEK 24 2009 SUPPORT GROUP-p6300014.jpg   WEEK 24 2009 SUPPORT GROUP-p6300015.jpg  
Old 07-01-2009, 12:18 AM
TheMadDane
3rd Gear
Looks great Blaise! Congratulations on the new addition!

Errr.. No Cigars?!?

Old 07-01-2009, 05:52 AM
Liquid
4th Gear
WE GOT OURS!!!! My wife is in "love" haha

Old 07-01-2009, 09:27 AM
zsqure
3rd Gear
Sweet! Nice ride. Love the interior.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:41 PM
AVMini101
2nd Gear
Blaise / Liquid,

Great shots. Don't they look great shining on the showroom floor. Nice interior shots too. They look terrific!

My Clubman (also Chili Red BTW), is supposed to show up at the dealer sometime today, but no word yet. And because of prep time, my MA's schedule, and then my schedule, I won't be able to pick it up until Monday.

What was that about patience being a virtue ???

Old 07-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Liquid
4th Gear
Originally Posted by AVMini101
Blaise / Liquid,

What was that about patience being a virtue ???
HAHA, yeah. We got to the dealer about 4:00 but didn't get to talk to our MA til almost 6!!! He was busy with another couple who took delivery that day as well. So we got to sign the paperwork and sit in it, but that's it, Longest 2 hours of my life! haha

Old 07-02-2009, 03:57 PM
wayne290
1st Gear
Just got a call from my MA. Byron will be ready to be picked up tomorrow. I'm pumped!

Old 07-03-2009, 06:04 AM
zsqure
3rd Gear
Talked to my MA yesterday, delivery is scheduled by the carrier today, clear bra Monday, I can pickup on Tuesday. More waiting

Quick Reply: WEEK 24 2009 SUPPORT GROUP