1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Order placed... Week 12... Production complete on St Patty's day

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Mr_Bueno
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Order placed... Week 12... Production complete on St Patty's day

The ball is finally rolling. I called yesterday and the MINI rep stated that it was in the body shop yesterday and it's being painted today.

It's being delivered to Colorado and my dealer said it would go to Florida but the MINI rep said it would be sent to California? That would add an extra few days I would imagine.

Anyone else a week 12er?

Old 03-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Chimera
5th Gear
Well I was in the body shop yesterday, being painted today also but my estimated completion date still says 3/12 which would make me week 11...but I'm guessing I'll be a week 12'er....

Old 03-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Mr_Bueno
3rd Gear
I'm a little concerned because it looks like my car will end on a friday or a Monday...

So that means that it could be rushed through on Friday in haste for the weekend, or it could be completed on a monday where they are hungover and crabby....

Old 03-12-2009, 02:26 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mr_Bueno
The ball is finally rolling. I called yesterday and the MINI rep stated that it was in the body shop yesterday and it's being painted today.

It's being delivered to Colorado and my dealer said it would go to Florida but the MINI rep said it would be sent to California? That would add an extra few days I would imagine.

Anyone else a week 12er?
I'm in the Denver area too and my car is being loaded on the Topeka this week and will be going to CA. You should have received a paper from your dealer that shows you what you ordered. At the top of that paper there is a field call "Port Loc". If it says PHMPOA, then your car is going to Port Hueneme, CA (same as mine). If it says something else, you can look it up at https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html (lots of other good tracking info here too).

Old 03-12-2009, 06:25 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
Congrats...have fun tracking / obsessing!

Old 03-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Mr_Bueno
3rd Gear
Okay... I swore I wasn't going to be a geek and call everyday wanting a status, checking online, and tracking it every hour, but I'll be damned if that isn't what's happening...

Old 03-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Mr_Bueno
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by COKen
I'm in the Denver area too and my car is being loaded on the Topeka this week and will be going to CA. You should have received a paper from your dealer that shows you what you ordered. At the top of that paper there is a field call "Port Loc". If it says PHMPOA, then your car is going to Port Hueneme, CA (same as mine). If it says something else, you can look it up at https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html (lots of other good tracking info here too).

Well, it's looks like it's heading to Port Hueneme... My car is going to be more well-traveled than me...

Old 03-13-2009, 03:42 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
This was posted on the Week 11 thread - http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...ntery=51.31355. It shows the ships real time (well, almost real time). I was able to watch the Topeka dock at Southampton this morning. Now I'm going to try to track it across the 'pond' and through the canal.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:57 PM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
Mr. Bueno,

Congrats on your new MINI. I think many of us just got the bug and started following their MINI...frequently each day to get the latest status. Mine is on the Topeka. I suspect that once we get finished with the dock party and then the Bon Voyage...things will settle down. The first relization is that we are not actually on the cruise....no 6 meals a day !

Old 03-13-2009, 03:57 PM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
Mr. Bueno,

Congrats on your new MINI. I think many of us just got the bug and started following their MINI...frequently each day to get the latest status. Mine is on the Topeka. I suspect that once we get finished with the dock party and then the Bon Voyage...things will settle down. The first realization is that we are not actually on the cruise....no 6 meals a day !