1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long for body kit install at VPC?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 06:22 AM
mtbscott
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How long for body kit install at VPC?

My new vehicle is to arrive at Charleston this Friday and is going to have the JCW Aero Kit installed at the VPC before shipping to the dealer. MA says "about a week" for it to be done. If it takes a full week, my car will probably spend Christmas parked in a truckstop parking lot on a trailer, if it gets done sooner, I could have it in the days before. Anyone who's had it done want to tell me how long it took in real days? thanks.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Dwell
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtbscott
My new vehicle is to arrive at Charleston this Friday and is going to have the JCW Aero Kit installed at the VPC before shipping to the dealer. MA says "about a week" for it to be done. If it takes a full week, my car will probably spend Christmas parked in a truckstop parking lot on a trailer, if it gets done sooner, I could have it in the days before. Anyone who's had it done want to tell me how long it took in real days? thanks.
i had the jcw aero kit installed at vpc and it took 2 days. dunno if thats fast or not. once the boat docks, you pretty much lose your mind anyways.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Cooltones
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 days for my install. The story I got was that they don't rush the job since they are concerned about ensuring paint color match. I have a Laser Blue MCS and historically they did have some color variation with this color in the past.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:01 AM
mtbscott
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the estimates. I know that Chili Red kits are available pre-painted, I hope they would use that as opposed to painting mine but you never know...