1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting twitchy...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 07:46 AM
claytonl
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting twitchy...

This is my first post here, so 'Hi' to everybody, and thanks for the wealth of information while I am researching a new commuter vehicle.

Now for my problem. I work in Wichita, KS, and I commute 50 or so miles to get to and from work every day. Unfortunately for me, there seems to be very few Minis in this area, so its hard to get a good look at one while I am waiting to purchase my own. There are a couple that I pass going the other way on my commute home, but that is such a quick glance that it hardly satisfies. I didn't know you could get addicted to Minis without even owning one. I tend to irritate my wife every time I bring them up. So if you drive K-96 between Wichita and Hutchinson, know that you are envied.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Super Dave
3rd Gear
It's called Highway Osmosis! It got me as well!

Last edited by Super Dave; 01-09-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Charlie Croker
3rd Gear
So you're "Itchy, Twitchy in Wichi------ta!" I got hooked big time. I've been lusting over Mini's for about 3 years now and finally got the spark. Bought Silvesmith in Aug and am totally in love!

And when your wife gets iritated, you can add a "B" on the beginning of the phrase!

Old 01-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi and Welcome!!! Oh yeah - the addiction starts as soon as you even THINK about owning the MINI - Just look through some of the Galleries for pictures to help you through it all....

Donna

Old 01-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Scoopmama
6th Gear
You COULD block the exits to parking lots until MINI drivers stop and let you take a good look!

(Sadly, I'm not kidding. I did it twice before ordering Scoop. Once at my work, and once at my son's school. Hubby finally caved in when I made him follow 2 Coopers for about 4 miles out of our way last summer!)

Old 01-11-2008, 05:53 AM
claytonl
2nd Gear
I haven't gone so far as blocking drives... yet. But every evening when I get home, I tell my wife about any I have seen lately, and she rolls her eyes. (Saw 3 yesterday that I haven't seen before.)

Old 01-11-2008, 06:35 AM
Speedwing
4th Gear
I irritated my wife with my MINI obsession for 5 years ..... until she found a great deal on one very close to us. The next day I had her behind the wheel. After 5 minutes of driving she understood my obsession and we bought it!

Soooooo my advice is ....... put your wife behind the wheel and take one for a spin.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:48 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As bad as the twitch is, the addition gets much worse when you're actually driving one. Warn you wife.