1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Louie B.
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

Why does Mini have to give us so many choices!!!!!!:impatient

I just can't make up my mind which color combo I want to go with. I've got all the other features figured out but there's just too many good looking colors!

At least I narrowed it down to 6 choices.. and only 4 different body colors.
And even though I'm a bit more partial to the metalic colors I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $$$ to me.

I've eliminated body color roof as a choice as well. It's down to White roof w/ white wheels (cheaper and more practical in the Arizona sun) Or Black roof w/ Black aftermarket wheels (more of a 'bad boy' look) As you probably noticed, I'm really diggin' the wheels matching the roof theme.

So now I have my 6 choices all put together on one pic that I set as the background on my computer so I can sit here and stare at it.

Maybee it would help if my pic had black wheels on all of the black roof cars... anybody out there with some photochop skills wanna help a brudda out?

Here's my background and a pic of the wheels I'd probably end up getting (or something similar). The angle is even about right so the chop should be fairly easy...

Attached Thumbnails AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!-my_mini-6-.jpg   AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!-wheels.jpg  

Last edited by Louie B.; 07-14-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:06 PM
cooprd
4th Gear
You can see how your wheels will look on tirerack.com

Hope this helps.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:17 PM
cadfael_tex
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
One thing to consider with the white wheels. Mini's produce a lot of brake dust. My silver wheels are hard enough to keep clean and I've read many places on here that whites are worse. Good choices but I'm not going to help you - we all had to go through this too

Old 07-14-2007, 10:22 PM
cooprd
4th Gear
My white wheels take longer to wash then the MINI.

Even so the white wheels stay. One of these days I will wax them.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Louie B.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by cooprd
You can see how your wheels will look on tirerack.com

Hope this helps.
A little, thanks.. But Tirerack's colors aren't updated w/ the '07 colors. It gives me an idea on some of them though.

Originally Posted by cadfael_tex
One thing to consider with the white wheels. Mini's produce a lot of brake dust. My silver wheels are hard enough to keep clean and I've read many places on here that whites are worse. Good choices but I'm not going to help you - we all had to go through this too
Yeah, I'm not asking for anyone to choose for me... I'm just venting (and asking for photoshop help)

Thanks for the white wheel advice though.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:30 PM
moodylewdd
5th Gear
Are you getting the sunroof? Some people dont seem to like the way the sunroof looks on a white roofed car-me, I likey.
While I am partial to blue cars, that silver with the black stripes (in your photo) sure is a beauty.
You just have to pick the one that you see yourself in, don't buy a color for anyone but you.
Good luck! (Oh, and have fun on tirerack.com-its super to see your car with a billion different combos on it)!

Old 07-15-2007, 07:17 AM
MINI Jackpot
3rd Gear
Black roof...Arizona sunshine...hmmm...might be a bit hot under the collar!

Old 07-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Mgibrace
4th Gear
all white with anthracite wheels!

Old 07-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Louie B.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by moodylewdd
Are you getting the sunroof? Some people dont seem to like the way the sunroof looks on a white roofed car-me, I likey.
While I am partial to blue cars, that silver with the black stripes (in your photo) sure is a beauty.
You just have to pick the one that you see yourself in, don't buy a color for anyone but you.
Good luck! (Oh, and have fun on tirerack.com-its super to see your car with a billion different combos on it)!
Nope, no sunroof. I'm 6'7" and plan on doing some autocrossing in the car.
Helmets + lower headliner due to sunroof motor = kink in the neck

I don't have a silver one up there... That one is suposed to be the PW.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:21 PM
moodylewdd
5th Gear
OH, sorry! Looks like PS on my monitor. Gotta get that fixed! Anyway, thats the one that really stands out to me.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:05 AM
LOP
3rd Gear
1st choice

We have found that you always end up going back to your first choice, so whatever that was, is probably where you will end up or wish you would've ended up but after it is too late.

If you go with that first choice and stop looking at the others, you will never look back and have any regrets.

Just what we have learned through the years when it comes to buying vehicles, furniture, homes, etc...

Old 07-16-2007, 06:42 AM
Red Scooter
5th Gear
I agree with LOP, go with your first choice. There's a reason it was first.

For the record, I have an '06 CR/B and am in Phoenix. Wouldn't want all black in AZ but I never swayed from my color combo and love it.

I'll throw in a vote for the PW/B. LOVE that look. I'd say it's a little more "classic" than "bad boy". I'd go with the "black and blue" combo for that.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:51 AM
PaulCIssa
4th Gear
There's a couple of images of my Chili Red on Black in my gallery. At least you can see it at a couple of angles. I don't need to tell you what my bias on color is!

Old 07-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Louie B.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LOP
We have found that you always end up going back to your first choice, so whatever that was, is probably where you will end up or wish you would've ended up but after it is too late.

If you go with that first choice and stop looking at the others, you will never look back and have any regrets.

Just what we have learned through the years when it comes to buying vehicles, furniture, homes, etc...
Well, one look at what this will be replacing (in my sig) might give a hint to my first "reaction" of color choice, especially when you find out the CRX is currently primered and the paint was purchaced to spray it the same color as the pickup.

If Blue was the same price as the Red or White it would be less of a decision.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:05 AM
moodylewdd
5th Gear
So...let us know what color you end up choosing!!!

Old 07-22-2007, 10:30 PM
Louie B.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by moodylewdd
So...let us know what color you end up choosing!!!
None of the above.

I decided to adopt. and it was the worst experiance of my life!!!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=108225