1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered my first MINI Friday 7/29/07

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 06:32 AM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered my first MINI Friday 7/29/07

Hi everyone!!!

I've been lurking around here for sometime now. My husband and I ordered my Mini from our local Checkered Flag dealership Friday morning 6/29/07.

Ordered as follows:
Chili Red w/White Bonnet Stripes
White Roof/Mirrors
Premium Package (had to have the dual sunroof)
Sport Package w/17" Web-Spoke Wheels (hubby wanted the Webbies)
6-Speed Getrag manual
Front Fog Lamps (had to have this overpriced option also)
Chrome Line Interior
10 Speaker, Hi-Fi Sound System (I really like my tunes)
Rooster Red Color Line

I've wanted this car since their come back years ago. My wants are now being materialized. Only because the hubby put his deposit on his dream car back in 2/06 and finally took delivery in 12/06. He's very happy with his 2007 Ford Shelby Cobra GT500. So happy that he's trying to boot me out of the part-time drivers seat. I love his car also and I'm racking up about as many miles as he is. With all his mods (JLT cool air intake, tune, pulley, and many other little things) the Shelby is sitting at 560 rear wheel horse power. Of course we can't keep the tires planted :impatient on the pavement, but we have fun trying. He's hoping that the Mini will distract me a bit. What do you think?

I'm looking forward to my Mini's delivery in mid August. Sooner would be a nice surprise. After what I call birthing the hubby's car, I'm not sure I want to go through the tracking process again with my Mini. Hubby's tracking process was worse than actually carrying and giving birth to my now almost thirteen year old.

I can't wait to do a few drive abouts and gatherings with many of the other Mini owners around town. After lurking many sites I see that our local Mini owners get together often. We lurked around their recent Mini gathering to crack a world book record back in June. I couldn't believe the turn out. I was in a sea of Mini's. What a nice group of people. We even showed up in the GT500 and didn't catch any bad remarks. Well, not that we heard anyway.

So for now I'm in the waiting game. Any advice as to how to pass the time? Our salesman offered a loaner Mini if we want to join in on a benefit gathering coming up with their local club.

PS - Sorry the date on the post title should be 6/29/07.

Last edited by Mini S Pilot; 07-03-2007 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Changed order date
Old 07-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Greetings!

You have been assimilated!

Old 07-03-2007, 06:06 PM
soul embrace
6th Gear
welcome to NAM

Old 07-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Minisizd
3rd Gear
Welcome and congrats! Sounds like one cool Mini!

Old 07-03-2007, 06:31 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on the newly-ordered MINI!!! What a great looking car...I think those color lines are truly awesome!! You've got a real winner there!!!!

Old 07-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

I've been on the Miniusa site and it's only showing that they have my order. No other good news.

I'm spending way too much time on this site in hopes that it will help out with my wait period.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
This evening I can't even access my information on the MiniUSA.com site. I wanted to check my status. It won't take my login name or password. I haven't change anything and have checked things a few times with no problems. I shot them off an email, so we'll see what's going on soon I hope. I just want to see that it's in production at least.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:03 PM
soul embrace
6th Gear
you can call 1.866.ask.mini (1.866.275.6464) and it will let you know the status of your car.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
Originally Posted by soul embrace
you can call 1.866.ask.mini (1.866.275.6464) and it will let you know the status of your car.
Thanks!!!

They indicated that I'm up for production but not scheduled as of today. So is this one notch up from the MiniUSA site showing that they have the order?

Old 07-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
Originally Posted by soul embrace
Hey I noticed that on your car description you noted window tint. Was this an option during ordering that I missed or is your dealership doing it upon arrival?

Old 07-08-2007, 07:47 PM
soul embrace
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini S Pilot
Thanks!!!

They indicated that I'm up for production but not scheduled as of today. So is this one notch up from the MiniUSA site showing that they have the order?
i called the # on tuesday july 3rd and it said my car was in production, the website status change from on order to in production on july 4th. so seems like the website is a day behind the ask mini number.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:59 AM
Minisizd
3rd Gear
It's been my experience that the two best sources of info are the 1-866-ASK-MINI number, and of course, your MA. My MA called to tell me that my Mini had been delivered, when the Mini site still said it was at the port in NJ.

I'm jealous Mini S Pilot, you're going to have the best of both worlds...Former Mustang addict here. I hope to have another one sometime soon, and definitely plan on being at the 50th Anniversary with my two boys!

Old 07-11-2007, 05:47 AM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
I'm dying in waiting here. Bad thing is that I'm not even half way through the process yet I'm sure.

My status now says -
Production week July 15
--------------------------------

I've reserved personalized plates that read SHLBY JR.

The meaning behind it? Check out the bottom pic of hubby's car. The Mini is Red with white bonnet stripes and somewhat resembles the Shelby, color wise anyway.

My other personalized plates read N2 BEADZ. That represents my hobby. I've thought of nothing Mini wise as of yet. All the good ideas are already out there.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:42 AM
Rubino
2nd Gear
Any advice as to how to pass the time? ...

Sound like a great car, nicly spec'd out. For passing the time,... try preparing the nursery. A good garage cleaning, paining, and lighting upgrade will make the new kid feel special.

Cheers.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on the order - looks like it will be a beauty! We'll all be here waiting with you...

Donna

Old 07-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Rubino
Sound like a great car, nicly spec'd out. For passing the time,... try preparing the nursery. A good garage cleaning, paining, and lighting upgrade will make the new kid feel special.

Cheers.
No room in the garage for my baby.

Hubby's car was here first and he sold his killer 4X4 modded out Jeep to make the room. The other side of the 2 car garage houses his multiple tool boxes, 5ft. tall air compressor, his walking piece of exercise equipment (that he doesn't use by the way), his pressure washer, the camper generator, and oh, my small but functional lampworking (glass rod melting torch to make glass beads) studio area (houses my torch, glass rods and tools) The Mini may be small, but not quite that small

My beloved Mini will be in the driveway suffering the elements with the rest of the vehicles. We are considering a car cover, but I think that will be a pain if it's driven almost daily. My DH saw a Mini the other day with some sort of cover that just went over the very top and down the windows. I guess this is suppose to keep the sun from eating at the interior.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:25 PM
1QukMINI
6th Gear
Congrats! Nice build-out! Happy Motoring!
jason

Old 07-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
UPDATE!!!

My Mini is in the Body Shop part of production today. DH didn't like the idea that it was in the Body Shop. He's hoping there wasn't something they needed to fix. That's not how it was explained to me.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
Can a Moderator please change the date in my title to 6/29/07?

I sort of messed up during all the excitement.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:38 AM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
My Mini is in the Paint Shop today.

WooHoo!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 06:51 AM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
My Mini S has finished it's travels through production. I called MINIUSA this morning and was given the VIN# and told it was waiting to be loaded for delivery to the USA.

Went to the next stage of tracking and there's no info there yet.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:40 AM
Niziex
2nd Gear
Plenty of room!

No room in the garage for my baby.

Hubby's car was here first and he sold his killer 4X4 modded out Jeep to make the room. The other side of the 2 car garage houses his multiple tool boxes, 5ft. tall air compressor, his walking piece of exercise equipment (that he doesn't use by the way), his pressure washer, the camper generator, and oh, my small but functional lampworking (glass rod melting torch to make glass beads) studio area (houses my torch, glass rods and tools) The Mini may be small, but not quite that small

My beloved Mini will be in the driveway suffering the elements with the rest of the vehicles. We are considering a car cover, but I think that will be a pain if it's driven almost daily. My DH saw a Mini the other day with some sort of cover that just went over the very top and down the windows. I guess this is suppose to keep the sun from eating at the interior.
Dump the air compressor, and the exercise equipment, and the mini will fit

Old 07-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Vinny_MINI
2nd Gear
My Timeline

Hey Pilot! -- At least you are near the E coast and don't have an extra TWO WEEKS on the boat like I did (to Denver). But it was worth the wait. Got 'er on Saturday. Too bad I have to work, eat, sleep etc -- gotta drive!

Just as a reference here's my timeline...
MINI Chronology [OL=Owners Lounge, WW=Walleneus]
- 5/17/07 Test drove an 07 MCS 6M (wow!) -2 days
- 5/19/07 Placed the order at the dealer +0
- 6/04/07 Scheduled for production (OL) +16
- 6/08/07 Booked for transport (WW) +20
- 6/09/07 Received at terminal (WW) +21
- 6/11/07 Awaiting transport (OL) +23
- 6/11/07 Loaded on vessel (WW) +23
- 7/02/07 Discharged (WW) [off the boat] +44
- 7/06/07 Arrives at dealership in Denver +48
- 7/14/07 Take delivery! +56 days (8.0 weeks)

Old 07-19-2007, 04:47 AM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Vinny_MINI
Hey Pilot! -- At least you are near the E coast and don't have an extra TWO WEEKS on the boat like I did (to Denver). But it was worth the wait. Got 'er on Saturday. Too bad I have to work, eat, sleep etc -- gotta drive!

Just as a reference here's my timeline...
MINI Chronology [OL=Owners Lounge, WW=Walleneus]
- 5/17/07 Test drove an 07 MCS 6M (wow!) -2 days
- 5/19/07 Placed the order at the dealer +0
- 6/04/07 Scheduled for production (OL) +16
- 6/08/07 Booked for transport (WW) +20
- 6/09/07 Received at terminal (WW) +21
- 6/11/07 Awaiting transport (OL) +23
- 6/11/07 Loaded on vessel (WW) +23
- 7/02/07 Discharged (WW) [off the boat] +44
- 7/06/07 Arrives at dealership in Denver +48
- 7/14/07 Take delivery! +56 days (8.0 weeks)

Ah, another perk for living on the East Coast vs. the West Coast. I'll try to keep that in mind while tracking the first named hurricane's path this season.

56 days in waiting. How do you West Coasters do it? How many miles do you have on it thus far?

***Status Update***
My Mini was loaded on vessel 7/18/07 @ 3:26 p.m.

Anyone know how long these vessels are at the port being loaded? The vessel, FAUST, is not showing up on the other site as being in route to New York, NY.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:09 AM
grahams_da
1st Gear
MiniSpilot - Mine showed as being on the Faust as well. When I checked on its status, I found that it has apparently been rechristened the Liberty. If this is truly the case, then it's postion this morning (0600 GMT) was enroute at N 37 deg. 54' by W 67 deg 00'. But I can't be sure I'm deciphering all of this information correctly. ASK MINI said it's at the dock awaiting transport. Try this link http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html; search by ship name (Faust) and see what you think.
I'm confused?!?

Quick Reply: Ordered my first MINI Friday 7/29/07