1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Exhaust-MINI Cooper S

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 12:33 PM
IndyKoopah
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom Exhaust-MINI Cooper S

Hello, I just joined this forum, and feeling a bit guilty, since I have been reading posts and checking vendors sites since last Dec. when I bought my Mini, it's an '03 Indigo Blue, sorry no pics. The only mods I have done since the purchace was a Short Throw shift kit, and a set of Toyo tires and new wheels. I had been wanting to do more to gain more power, especially at the bottom end. I had read where other members were putting on cat-back systems and gaining noticable power increases, but to be honest I thought these cat-backs weren't addressing the real problem, i.e. the bottleneck at the cat and pre-cat. My thought was to eliminate the pre-cat which is metalic and replace the main cat, ceramic, with a free flow OBD 2 certified cat, increase piping to 2.5 then split into two free flow mufflers. I went to an exhaust shop that I used before, and was very pleased with the work, the man is an artist, to say the least. he agreed with me and came up with the finished product, which has done wonders for my mini. I have no documentation i.e. dyno, but I can see on the tach how much faster the engine rpms increase (supercharger spools up) and of course I can feel the added hp. and tq. I am attaching pics. I took of the exhaust along with the old cat section, which was very restrictive. I just wanted to share this with other members, since they have shared info. with me.

Attached Thumbnails Custom Exhaust-MINI Cooper S-new-cat.jpg   Custom Exhaust-MINI Cooper S-new-midsection-resonator.jpg   Custom Exhaust-MINI Cooper S-new-mufflers.jpg  
Old 05-07-2007, 07:55 PM
ygblat
4th Gear
That's a really clean-looking custom job, very nice.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:45 AM
nick-NY
1st Gear
Looks very nice.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:13 AM
IndyKoopah
Neutral
Custom Exhaust-Mini Cooper S

Thank you, for your compliments, I appreciate it. My goal was to get a full system for basically the price of a cat-back. I was interested in performance, rather than sound, hence the longer resonater, it still sounds good. I'm attaching more pictures, that I could'nt fit in the first post.

Attached Thumbnails Custom Exhaust-MINI Cooper S-new-flex-coupling.jpg   Custom Exhaust-MINI Cooper S-precat-replacement-pipe.jpg   Custom Exhaust-MINI Cooper S-orig-flex-precat-and-main-cat.jpg  
Old 05-09-2007, 11:28 AM
flingger
4th Gear
Nice Bung!

Old 05-09-2007, 11:06 PM
dix
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM. Nice job!