Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension M7 Coilover answers and more....

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 10:49 PM
M7
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M7 Coilover answers and more....

Sorry for the delay getting back to everyone....

I'm starting this new thread to avoid other (I'm sorry to say) vendors
coming in to the thread hawking their wear or worse bashing our product.

When we were looking for coilovers years back, few choices were available so we did the easy thing, we bought something of the shelf and
suffered thru leaking units and or harsh riding shocks that were compensating short stroke with excessive spring rates. These issues were hard to deal with so we dropped the particular brands and started to look for something that would meet our needs and wants.

Enter the M7 Coilovers...

We basically sold out the first production run so reviews and feedback will come fast and furious in the next couple of weeks.

The units come with a full year warranty and are guaranteed for street
Or Race use, no questions asked.

M7 or one of our recommended M7 service stations will service these units.

Units can and will be sold separately, so if you bend a shock or are involved in an accident etc. we will be able to get you a replacement unit in an expedient fashion. Pricing will be posted on our new website as soon as possible.

Different springs will be available shortly; these are 2.5" ID springs
And we will carry a large inventory of 300lbs and 400lbs springs to meet
the need for most weekend warriors. Re-valving will be offered soon
for racecar use (please call us for more info).

These coilovers are really the best riding units I'll ever had on a MINI
and you will love them to. The ease of adjustment and the positive clicks
makes you want to change settings all the time for the fun of it....

Perfect in the canyons, day-to-day bumper-to-bumper driving and fantastic
for that track day or autocross meet..

Please call me if you have any specific questions answered or if you need some help setting the car up (we do sell H-Sport susp parts).

Yours truly

Peter
M7 Tuning
562-608-8123
www.m7tuning.com

Old 04-07-2007, 12:53 AM
Mugami
Coordinator :: River City Minis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by M7
The units come with a full year warranty and are guaranteed for street
Or Race use, no questions asked.

M7 or one of our recommended M7 service stations will service these units.

Units can and will be sold separately, so if you bend a shock or are involved in an accident etc. we will be able to get you a replacement unit in an expedient fashion.
I like this aspect of them already

Old 04-07-2007, 08:24 AM
ca$per
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by M7
The ease of adjustment and the positive clicks makes you want to change settings all the time for the fun of it....

Yours truly

Peter
M7 Tuning
562-608-8123
www.m7tuning.com
Are the settings adjustable for the front as well as the back? what is the ride height like?

thanks

Old 04-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Wake|MCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ca$per
Are the settings adjustable for the front as well as the back? what is the ride height like?

thanks
x2. Ride height, how low can you go?

Old 04-07-2007, 06:10 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
You can go so low your tires won't turn

Randy
M7 Tuning

Old 04-08-2007, 10:38 PM
red_line
2nd Gear
How stiff is the ride comfort?

Also compared to stock?

Is the softest setting softer than stock or FSDs with stock springs?

Old 04-09-2007, 05:34 AM
maxmini
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
In my opinion the setting in the full soft equals the stock ride if not a bit smoother . As there are close to 35 sets delivered as of this morning I am sure there will be others posting with their opinions shortly . It has been quite awhile since I had the stock setup on my car so I am trying to equate it to the stock cars I have driven now and again. Wish I could be more accurate.

Randy
M7 Tuning

Old 04-09-2007, 05:53 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by maxmini
In my opinion the setting in the full soft equals the stock ride if not a bit smoother . As there are close to 35 sets delivered as of this morning I am sure there will be others posting with their opinions shortly . It has been quite awhile since I had the stock setup on my car so I am trying to equate it to the stock cars I have driven now and again. Wish I could be more accurate.

Randy
M7 Tuning
Driving a stock car is a bit of a surprise if you have not done it for a while.....

I am very interested in the reviews as I am looking close at my PSS9s..... they are very good and give a nice balance in performance and comfort but I am starting to look closer at this aspect of my car and Dave from DDM really was impressed with these..... after having driven my car for 2-3K

Old 04-09-2007, 08:14 AM
ca$per
6th Gear

thanks

Any chance I get this question answered?

Old 04-09-2007, 08:32 AM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Any chance I get this question answered?
I don't think anyone was ignoring you - I think the questions have already been answered:

Front adjustments: Compression/rebound, spring pre-load, and independent ride height.

Rear adjustments: Compression/rebound, spring pre-load. (Ride height is only adjustable by adjusting spring pre-load).

Ride height: The coilovers will allow you to lower your car to the point that mechanical interference will prevent you from driving/steering it.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:41 AM
ca$per
6th Gear
Originally Posted by riquiscott
I don't think anyone was ignoring you - I think the questions have already been answered:

Front adjustments: Compression/rebound, spring pre-load, and independent ride height.

Rear adjustments: Compression/rebound, spring pre-load. (Ride height is only adjustable by adjusting spring pre-load).

Ride height: The coilovers will allow you to lower your car to the point that mechanical interference will prevent you from driving/steering it.
I'm not very familiar with CO setups or have the experience in that field, but does that mean that I have to get the rears preset with fixed height?

thanks riquiscott

Old 04-09-2007, 08:49 AM
MiniJCW
Neutral
We installed the Coilovers last week on our 06 JCW and had our first Auto X with them on Saturday. We have our car very low and have yet to bottom out the suspension. When the dampeners are set to their softest setting it feels softer than stock. We are very happy with them.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:59 AM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
I'm not very familiar with CO setups or have the experience in that field, but does that mean that I have to get the rears preset with fixed height?

thanks riquiscott
No, you'll still be able to adjust the rear ride height. You'll adjust the rear ride height by changing the position of the lower end of the spring. This will also affect the amount of available suspension travel, though. The more you lower the car in the rear, the less you'll be able to compress the rear shocks without "bottoming out".

With the fronts, you can raise/lower the ride height without having to move the spring relative to the shock body, so you can change ride height without changing available suspension travel.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:08 AM
ca$per
6th Gear
Originally Posted by riquiscott
No, you'll still be able to adjust the rear ride height. You'll adjust the rear ride height by changing the position of the lower end of the spring. This will also affect the amount of available suspension travel, though. The more you lower the car in the rear, the less you'll be able to compress the rear shocks without "bottoming out".

With the fronts, you can raise/lower the ride height without having to move the spring relative to the shock body, so you can change ride height without changing available suspension travel.
good to know, thanks again.

One more question that is vital to be able to compare to others... where are they manufactured?

Old 04-09-2007, 09:25 AM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
good to know, thanks again.

One more question that is vital to be able to compare to others... where are they manufactured?
I don't know where they're manufactured, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. There's nothing about M7's coilovers (or anyone else's) that's particularly tricky from a manufacturing standpoint, and there are state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities all over the world - the U.S., U.K., China, Taiwan, Japan, and many other countries.

What's truly important is who does the research/development and design. Once the specifications are decided upon, any number of factories worldwide can handle the actual production.

Last edited by ScottRiqui; 04-09-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:41 AM
defylogik
5th Gear
what i really want to know is if there are internal bumpstops in the front and rears... i need to know this when i install them.. anyone from m7???

Old 04-09-2007, 11:14 AM
satay-ayam
5th Gear
Originally Posted by defylogik
what i really want to know is if there are internal bumpstops in the front and rears... i need to know this when i install them.. anyone from m7???
With the inverted strut design like that, they have to have internal bumpstops - there's nowhere to put a bumpstop on the outside of the strut.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:25 AM
M7
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by satay-ayam
With the inverted strut design like that, they have to have internal bumpstops - there's nowhere to put a bumpstop on the outside of the strut.
Thank you, you are correct...

As the shaft diameter is to big (44mm) internal bump stops
are mandatory.

PETER
M7 TUNING
562-608-8123

Old 04-09-2007, 02:13 PM
defylogik
5th Gear
this is front and rear correct? thx

Old 04-09-2007, 06:53 PM
M7
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by defylogik
this is front and rear correct? thx
Correct both front and rear have internal bump stops.

On another note...
It has been brought to our attention that there are a few quests here on NAM whose sole goal is to defame and spread disinformation about M7 and our products. One such case is regarding our new coilovers. The M7 Coilovers are NOT made by KTS or any other Chinese shock manufacturer.

It has also been brought to our attention that some vendors have even been PM-ing customers with the specific intention of badmouthing (Flaming) our products or offering incorrect information. As part of business protocol and general good manners, please report these kind of overt PM's and postings to the management here at our favorite forum.

I think the MINI community as a whole knows M7 and its commitment
to excellent products and unsurpassed service and generosity toward
the community and events. And of course if you have any questions or concerns about questionable information--give us a call so we can respond directly.

Sincerely

Peter
M7 Tuning
562-608-8123

Old 04-10-2007, 04:34 AM
meb
6th Gear
Peter,

How do the dampers change with spring rate? Megan also incorporated a huge spread in spring rates with one damper design - internals were not modified to work with the harmony of all spring rates available. This is not good practice.

Originally Posted by M7
Different springs will be available shortly; these are 2.5" ID springs
And we will carry a large inventory of 300lbs and 400lbs springs to meet
the need for most weekend warriors. Re-valving will be offered soon
for racecar use (please call us for more info).

Peter
M7 Tuning
562-608-8123
www.m7tuning.com

Last edited by meb; 04-10-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:36 AM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by M7
Correct both front and rear have internal bump stops.

On another note...
It has been brought to our attention that there are a few quests here on NAM whose sole goal is to defame and spread disinformation about M7 and our products. One such case is regarding our new coilovers. The M7 Coilovers are NOT made by KTS or any other Chinese shock manufacturer.

It has also been brought to our attention that some vendors have even been PM-ing customers with the specific intention of badmouthing (Flaming) our products or offering incorrect information. As part of business protocol and general good manners, please report these kind of overt PM's and postings to the management here at our favorite forum.

I think the MINI community as a whole knows M7 and its commitment
to excellent products and unsurpassed service and generosity toward
the community and events. And of course if you have any questions or concerns about questionable information--give us a call so we can respond directly.

Sincerely

Peter
M7 Tuning
562-608-8123
Perhaps if M7 would just come forward and state where this product is made and by whom, a question that has been asked on every thread and one that is yet to be answered, it would end all speculation. Additionally it would help those who are about to lay out $1500 of their hard earned (or ill gained ) dollars make a decision based on research and data vs. distributor's sales pitch and hype.

Last edited by goaljnky; 04-10-2007 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:14 AM
SayGoodbye
6th Gear
Originally Posted by goaljnky
Perhaps if M7 would just come forward and state where this product is made and by whom, a question that has been asked on every thread and one that is yet to be answered, it would end all speculation. Additionally it would help those who are about to lay out $1500 of their hard earned (or ill gained ) dollars make a decision based on research and data vs. distributor's sales pitch and hype.
Blasphemy!!!

Old 04-10-2007, 07:31 PM
RED5
1st Gear
m7 top secret factory shock horror

so there not made in China ........ that leaves Taiwan, Japan, Europe , USA or mabybe Russia !!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2007, 07:35 PM
ChrisMCS04
Peace Keeper
I personally talked to Peter and he told me it was no where near any asian countries(D***Ricers!!! :( ). I trust em'. Why would this not be yet another mind blowing product from m7?

Quick Reply: Suspension M7 Coilover answers and more....