10th Annual MINIs On The Dragon (May 2 - 6, 2012) MOTD 2012

So who got tickets while at the Dragon?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 07:32 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jcauseyfd
According to this page - http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/ - enforcement of tint laws on out of state vehicles varies by state.

Looks like that’s right and my cop friend is wrong. According to many state’s laws, regardless if you’re passing through, you must follow their law. No one is forcing you to drive through their state.

N2MINI, I apologize, I was told incorrectly and you were right. (if I only had a dime for every time....)

Mark

Old 05-09-2012, 05:30 AM
Reebus
4th Gear
I didn't get a ticket, but more-than-likely should have. We were almost to the exit to our house. It is a three lane bypass interstate (I-459 in Birmingham). As usual, there are people in the left two lanes poking along and I'm ready to get to my recliner at this point. I was weaving around all of the slowpokes and less than a mile from our exit, when I saw blue lights behind me. The officer comes up to me and tells me he knows its a pretty day and that there are folks occupyig the wrong lanes, but that I needed to "slow it down". He told me that I was doing nearly 90, but then added "at least you were using your turn signals". Anyways, to make a long story short, he let me off with a warning.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:34 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Reebus
I didn't get a ticket, but more-than-likely should have. We were almost to the exit to our house. It is a three lane bypass interstate (I-459 in Birmingham). As usual, there are people in the left two lanes poking along and I'm ready to get to my recliner at this point. I was weaving around all of the slowpokes and less than a mile from our exit, when I saw blue lights behind me. The officer comes up to me and tells me he knows its a pretty day and that there are folks occupyig the wrong lanes, but that I needed to "slow it down". He told me that I was doing nearly 90, but then added "at least you were using your turn signals". Anyways, to make a long story short, he let me off with a warning.

I think "most" cops are cool and since you obviously weren't being erratic or careless, he made his point.

They understand the frustration of cars being in the wrong lane more than we think. I say that because think about it.... you're a cop cruising down the highway and because everyone sees you, they instantly slow down. I don't think I could be in law enforcement, they don't have any laws against being stupid.

Mark

Old 05-09-2012, 05:49 AM
smurfette26
4th Gear
Originally Posted by orangecrush
I think "most" cops are cool and since you obviously weren't being erratic or careless, he made his point.

They understand the frustration of cars being in the wrong lane more than we think. I say that because think about it.... you're a cop cruising down the highway and because everyone sees you, they instantly slow down. I don't think I could be in law enforcement, they don't have any laws against being stupid.

Mark
If there was I think a lot of other laws could be eliminated.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:18 AM
noreen99
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fatherdeth
Question, and this is something I've always wondered, but never looked into. If you get pulled over in a state other than your home state, can the cops actually give you a ticket for your tint?
YES! You can receive the ticket. But @ (least here in ny) court more than likely w&a admonish or throw out completely

Old 05-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Reebus
4th Gear
Originally Posted by orangecrush

Mark
Yeah, he was cool about it. I have a feeling if I hadn't been using the blinkers for lane changes, I'd have been screwed. After that, for the rest of the way home, my wife was my "audible speedometer".

Old 05-22-2012, 08:26 AM
MiNiSandpirate
2nd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
thankfully i escaped with no tickets this time...the last dragon i was was at was the year of the rockslide and i got "nailed" doing 49 in a 35...that was 260 bucks +150 for the school so it wouldnt go on my record so this time i tried to be a good boy

as for tint laws it varies on the state but i remember being stationed in the communistwealth of vladivostockiginia and i got a tint ticket...never mind the fact im legal in my home state and on military orders to be stationed there...took it to court and won...got a court ruling and carried it in the car so the next time it happened i would be able to show that a judge deemed my car legal...but never got harrassed again

the problem in VA is they love to give out fix-it tickets...tint, exhaust, suspension, etc...and since they arent moving violations and the penalty is sometimes a modest amount of money they count on people not fighting them and just paying up...which is amusing because va roads are still crap!