MINI Motoring Club of the Carolinas (M2C2) The MINI Motoring Club of the Carolinas forum. Visit our club site at www.m2c2.org

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a new thread to get a list going of those DEFINITELY going to the Kings Island event June 17th-19th. I need a good head count of those wanting to motor up as a group, i.e., number of cars and how many per car ASAP!!!!

Here are the details as to where we are staying, meeting times, locations,etc. as I know them at this point. We are staying at the Kirkwood Inn and Historic House in Mason, OH. The rate is $75 per night. I don't know if there are any rooms left or not at this point (as of 5/23/05). The phone number is in another post (#17) lower in this thread. The first meeting location will be at exit 119 off of I-40, just west of Hickory, NC at 8:30 am on 6/17. We will leave from there and travel west on I-40 to exit 44 in Asheville to meet-up with a few other folks there. We leave from there NO LATER THAN 10:30 and travel to Knoxville, TN and meet up there at exit 122, approx. 17 miles north of Knoxville off of I-75 at 12-12:30. The folks driving up from Altanta will meet us here. We then leave from here and travel the approximate 4-41/2 hour trip to Mason, OH.

ATTENTION!!!!! We now have specific information about registration for this event . The link is located on page 5 of this thread, post #107. Make sure you register ASAP.

Eric

Eric'smini +1 (Eric and Pam)--M2C2
Mini03Tiger84 (Chris)--M2C2
Mininc +1 (George and Austin)--M2C2
minicoopermike +1 (Mike and ?)--M2C2
Trainman + 1 (Ed and Donna)--M2C2
Audioman (Keith but NO car)--M2C2
queenB + 4 (Donna and David plus 3 kids) 2 cars--SmoMt.MINIs
jcgbrg + 1 (Jenny and Scott)--AtlMINIs
Space + 1 (Paul and Becky)--AtlMINIs
c-mini-go + 1 (Laura)--M2C2
windmeup +1 (Chris)--M2C2
MIN-M-E +1 (Carl and Emmie)--M2C2
Luv My S + 1 (Randy and Judy)--M2C2
Tweety's Mom + 1 (Karen and ?)--M2C2
Chrisfb1 (Chris)--AtlMINIs
tehanu gin +1 (Judy and Shon)--AtlMINIs
Call (Paul)--AtlMINIs
Frank--SmoMt.MINIs
Irishcow (Melanie)--DC

Old 04-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Mini03Tiger84
4th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Count me in!!!

Old 04-25-2005, 12:27 PM
trplezero
3rd Gear
Im going on this trip!! there will be 2 in my car!!

David

Old 04-26-2005, 08:19 AM
debiw
3rd Gear
Please add Keith and I to the list. This is one not to miss

Debi

Old 04-26-2005, 10:22 AM
mininc
5th Gear
Add 2 More

Please add me and my son.

Thanks

Old 04-26-2005, 12:52 PM
mamarazzi
4th Gear
Add me and TheGraphicsDude.

Old 04-26-2005, 12:58 PM
CyebrOgre
3rd Gear
Me + 1!

Old 04-27-2005, 06:11 AM
minicoopermike
6th Gear
Interested! Myself +1

Old 04-27-2005, 06:44 AM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
Ok guys, I'm checking into rooms and it looks like we will be able to get some pretty good rates (< $85) because we're wanting a block of rooms. But we need to reserve at least 10-12 rooms to get the best rate so we need a few more people to sign up (we have 8 so far). I assume you guys are OK trusting my judgement on the room issue. I'll try not to book us into any dumps! And I will be requesting Non-smoking rooms.

Eric

Old 04-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
OK, this is what I've found out so far. Kings Island Resort, which appears to be a pretty nice place and very close to the park, is already completely booked for that weekend. Any other place I have contacted within a mile of the park is $100+ per night. Hotels 2-3 miles out are $75-$80 per night, and there are some nice places in this range. I am in favor of going the less expensive route in less the majority of you have a major problem with that. These places are filling up rather fast for that weekend so I think we should go ahead and make a decision pretty soon (like by tomorrow). If anyone has a problem with going this route, let me know ASAP. Otherwise, I will go ahead and reserve a place for us.

According to information on MINIsota Motoring Society forum, the park will offer special packages for $50 that includes admission to the park, breakfast on 6/18 at the park and a dinner somewhere in the park and maybe a car show. I assume this will be per person. However, I have not yet been able to confirm ANY of this information. And to complicate matters futher, I just called the park myself and the lady I talked to said that she was not aware on ANY special event happening on June 18th! Someone from the park is supposed to call me back about this. So stay tuned for more infomation as I can get it. I am going to continue under the assumption that something is going to happen on June 18 until I hear otherwise.

I will be out of town beginning tomorrow until Sunday so I will not be updating any of this information until Sunday night or Monday.

Eric

Eric

Old 04-27-2005, 08:32 PM
Trainman
5th Gear
Trainmama and I are tentatively planning on going, but may stay at my folks house in Cincinnati... Besides, we need a smoking room..

Old 05-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
Ed,

I'm going to go ahead and add you to the list, understanding you may not be staying at the hotel with us. However, I can request 1 smoking room out of the rooms I reserve and see if they could do that. I don't see why they wouldn't. Let me know.

Eric

Old 05-02-2005, 10:15 AM
Audioman
4th Gear
I'd really like to go, but I need a firm date so I can plan work accordingly.
Lemme know when things are definite so I can schedule this.
Thanks,
Keith

Old 05-02-2005, 11:30 AM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
Keith and the Group,

I'm checking with the Minnosota club and they're still very firm for the June 18 date and have told me their information is good. So I'm still planning to go on that and will book rooms for that date. If you are interested in going, go ahead and plan for that date.

THE ROOMS IN THE AREA ARE FILLING UP FAST SO WHEN I POST INFOMATION ABOUT MAKING RESERVATIONS, PLEASE DO SO ASAP. I HAVE REQUESTED THAT 10-12 ROOMS BE SET ASIDE FOR OUR CLUB AND THE HOTEL I'VE SPOKEN WITH IS GOING TO CALL ME BACK TO CONFIRM THAT THEY CAN ACCOMIDATE THIS. AS SOON AS YOU SEE MY POST, CALL TO RESERVE YOUR ROOM. OTHERWISE, YOU MAY NOT GET ONE.

Also, the lady at the hotel I called said someone named Julie Jensen from NC called to book a block of 20 rooms for a group. Does anyone know who this is and could she possibly be calling for our group??? Is this person associated with M2C2???

Eric

Old 05-02-2005, 02:03 PM
debiw
3rd Gear
[QUOTE=Eric'smini]Also, the lady at the hotel I called said someone named Julie Jensen from NC called to book a block of 20 rooms for a group. Does anyone know who this is and could she possibly be calling for our group??? Is this person associated with M2C2???

(QUOTE]

Her name is not on the club roster--I've never heard of her.

Debi

Old 05-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Mini03Tiger84
4th Gear
[QUOTE=debiw]
Originally Posted by Eric'smini
Also, the lady at the hotel I called said someone named Julie Jensen from NC called to book a block of 20 rooms for a group. Does anyone know who this is and could she possibly be calling for our group??? Is this person associated with M2C2???

(QUOTE]

Her name is not on the club roster--I've never heard of her.

Debi
Our ex-secratary is Julie... could it have been her that held the block of rooms?

Old 05-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
OK guys, here's the hotel information. We are getting a rate of $75/night + tax and they are holding 12 rooms (1 smoking for you Ed) for our club. This includes breakfast in the 200 yr. old house on the property. When you call, MAKE SURE YOU IDENTFY YOURSELF AS A M2C2 MEMBER because they are holding some rooms for another club as well. If we have more than 12 and the other club doesn't need all of their rooms, we may be able so use some of their's.

The hotel is: The Kirkwood Inn and Historic House
(513) 398-7277 or (800) 732-4741
Ask for Sandy when you call.

This appears to be a very charming and quaint place that is only 3 miles from the park and was recommended by the folks at the KI Resort. Check out their website. Sandy said that it will be mostly MINIs staying there that weekend so that should be fun. Also, if anybody wants to stay over til Monday, which I think I am doing, I was told that would not be a problem.

BTW, Julie Jensen is with the Minnisota Club and they will be staying here as well. It should be a blast.

As soon as I have more specifics about the actual event, I will pass them on. In the meantime, MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS!!!

I look at it this way, even if nothing was happening at the park that weekend, there will be so many MINIs there, we'll crash the place and take over .

Eric

PS---let me know when you've made your reservations so I can check you off the list.

Old 05-02-2005, 04:52 PM
CyebrOgre
3rd Gear
The midwest shall has some representation as well! Coming in from Omaha.

Old 05-02-2005, 05:45 PM
kseckel99
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Eric'smini
OK guys, here's the hotel information. We are getting a rate of $75/night + tax and they are holding 12 rooms (1 smoking for you Ed) for our club. This includes breakfast in the 200 yr. old house on the property. When you call, MAKE SURE YOU IDENTFY YOURSELF AS A M2C2 MEMBER because they are holding some rooms for another club as well. If we have more than 12 and the other club doesn't need all of their rooms, we may be able so use some of their's.

The hotel is: The Kirkwood Inn and Historic House
(513) 398-7277 or (800) 732-4741
Ask for Sandy when you call.

This appears to be a very charming and quaint place that is only 3 miles from the park and was recommended by the folks at the KI Resort. Check out their website. Sandy said that it will be mostly MINIs staying there that weekend so that should be fun. Also, if anybody wants to stay over til Monday, which I think I am doing, I was told that would not be a problem.

BTW, Julie Jensen is with the Minnisota Club and they will be staying here as well. It should be a blast.

As soon as I have more specifics about the actual event, I will pass them on. In the meantime, MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS!!!

I look at it this way, even if nothing was happening at the park that weekend, there will be so many MINIs there, we'll crash the place and take over .

Eric

PS---let me know when you've made your reservations so I can check you off the list.
Eric,
You have an address for the hotel? I'm heading up there tomorrow (Tue) for daughters wedding. I can't make it up for the Mini ride/rally in June but am going to try to get over to see the ride while we are up there. I have a friend that works for KI, tryingto get ahold of her to see if the rides can be viewed yet.

Old 05-03-2005, 07:11 AM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
Keith,

The hotel address is:

Kirkwood Inn and Historic House
4027 US Rt. 42
Mason OH. 45040

I think it's on exit 19 off of I-71. The ride is open as I understand it but I think the park is only open on weekends thru May.

Eric

Old 05-03-2005, 09:17 AM
Casepoint
1st Gear
We will be attending. Already have a room. 3 of us in our mini. Brew City to represent! All event details appreciated when available!

Old 05-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
Casepoint,

Please de-scramble your post for me. Are you saying you want to be added to our list and will have 2 others with you I don't quite know what you are saying.

Eric

Old 05-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Mini03Tiger84
4th Gear
Eric....

I'm in for two rooms, I assumed you did not consider that, so I had the lady bump your number to 13 rooms in the M2C2 block.

See you all there!!!

Old 05-03-2005, 11:28 AM
Casepoint
1st Gear
Oops

Sorry Eric, Yes, please add us to the list.....It will be 3 of us, 1 mini. Thanks!

Old 05-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
Thanks Chris for letting me know that. Actually, we still might have been OK with the 12 cause I'm not sure we'll use them all but having an extra room is OK. I'm a little uncomfortable with the number 13 thou .

Quick Reply: Sign Up List for Kings Island