R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 Here's what my R60 sounds like with muffler delete

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 12:10 PM
haztronic
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's what my R60 sounds like with muffler delete

Some people were curious as to how my countryman s sounds with the muffler delete and Y piping. It gives a nice deeper tone which is what I was aiming for and in sport mode it pops a little when downshifting. Soon I will get a downpipe and ecu tune.

The video is unedited, literally taken straight from my GoPro. I stop at one point in a parking lot for a couple minutes to take a few pictures so you might want to skip ahead a little.

I attached some pics of the car too. Recently put on the new LEAP spoiler, got the front spoiler attached, blacked out emblems, put on the side stripes yesterday. The link to the video is when I just turned on the car so it doesn't start popping until around 5 mins in. I live in southern California and where I was driving there was a lot of hills and stop signs, so sorry for the continued stops. I also didn't have the housing guard around the GoPro which is the reason for the loud wind at high speeds.

I have two videos. The one here doesn't have as much pops whereas the second does. I might add the second later which is when I drive back down the hill.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk10oiyplb...R5001.m4v?dl=0

Last edited by haztronic; 01-19-2017 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:59 PM
MannyJimenez
5th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
Very nice. Love the Red, then again i'm being biased

Old 01-13-2017, 07:01 PM
rwkeating
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
That sounds very nice. I was expecting it to be obnoxious. Do you still have the resonator in place?

Old 01-14-2017, 10:34 AM
haztronic
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rwkeating
That sounds very nice. I was expecting it to be obnoxious. Do you still have the resonator in place?
Yep the res is still there. Just took the muffler out and some new tips on. I am thinking heavily about getting a catless downpipe though. Only issue is i live in California...emissions

Old 01-18-2017, 03:43 PM
R60meatymini
Neutral
parts

just bought a R60, i work at a car dealership and i had it on the lift the other day to put winters on it, and i noticed the entire exhaust is welded together all the way to the cats. did you hack saw that muffler off?

Old 01-19-2017, 05:07 AM
Saltysalt
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I cant listen to it, for whatever reason I cannot access drop box. but I am considering doing the 2nd cat/ res delete or this.... haven't decided, but then in the future a catless DP w/ tune

Old 01-19-2017, 10:37 AM
haztronic
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Saltysalt
I cant listen to it, for whatever reason I cannot access drop box. but I am considering doing the 2nd cat/ res delete or this.... haven't decided, but then in the future a catless DP w/ tune
I just re-posted the link. My next step is catless dp and tune also.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:20 PM
Sall4Ken
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any pictures of what it looks like underneath?