Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Bluetooth compatibility list

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 01:54 PM
porifera
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Samsung Omnia on Verizon

Any clue if this phone works with the '08 Mini? Contemplating getting one but it sure would be nice if it sync'd! I searched for Omnia and checked the spreadsheet but didn't find anything.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:18 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by porifera
Any clue if this phone works with the '08 Mini? Contemplating getting one but it sure would be nice if it sync'd! I searched for Omnia and checked the spreadsheet but didn't find anything.
There's no reports yet that I know of. Someone testing it out is the only way to be certain- Samsung phones tend to be hit-or-miss, but it's a Windows Media phone, which works well with MINIs; chances are good that it will work.

Verizon will usually do an exchange within 30 days too.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:48 PM
blackjackmark
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LG Dare now NOT working!

Have had he LG Dare on Verizon for 3 months. Worked OK (no phonebook sync but calls were answerable through the BT interface and would pass through the speakers).

Yesterday out of the blue, it no longer works!

The weirdness is that SOME of it works: the call comes in and is displayed on the speedo (non-nav), and I can click "Answer" and the phone gets answered, but nothing's passing through to the car speakers! If I pick up the phone and shut the BT off, then the call is in the handset, but was not passing through the car. Same for dialing...can use my self-recorded voice prompts, and it dials, but then no audio through the car.

I deleted the car from the phone, and the phone from the car, and re-paired, but still getting the same thing.

Wonder if Verizon had a software update that has now caused this problem? If so I'll be going to Verizon and telling them they either need to revert me to the previous software or allow me to trade it in for something else.

Last edited by blackjackmark; 12-30-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:25 PM
dhoosee
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nicknbecka
The W755 seems to be an odd one, the reports seem to be all over the board. I'd would check the firmware version of the phone and see what we can turn up. If your RAZR didn't have any problems ringing through the car, I'd say that would eliminate any potential issues with the car.

It might be worthwhile to avoid doing any firmware updates until you can compare notes with others that don't have issues. Some firmware updates in the past have caused more issues than they solved, so it may end up being better to leave it as it is.

My software version is COOL01_01.10.00R for my W755....

Old 12-31-2008, 12:28 PM
blackjackmark
4th Gear
Originally Posted by blackjackmark
Have had he LG Dare on Verizon for 3 months. Worked OK (no phonebook sync but calls were answerable through the BT interface and would pass through the speakers).

Yesterday out of the blue, it no longer works!

The weirdness is that SOME of it works: the call comes in and is displayed on the speedo (non-nav), and I can click "Answer" and the phone gets answered, but nothing's passing through to the car speakers! If I pick up the phone and shut the BT off, then the call is in the handset, but was not passing through the car. Same for dialing...can use my self-recorded voice prompts, and it dials, but then no audio through the car.

I deleted the car from the phone, and the phone from the car, and re-paired, but still getting the same thing.

Wonder if Verizon had a software update that has now caused this problem? If so I'll be going to Verizon and telling them they either need to revert me to the previous software or allow me to trade it in for something else.
UPDATE:
Just talked to Verizon, they claim no new software was pushed out to my phone. I did not initiate a new software update either, so it seems like it's the car. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Next step is to get someone else's phone and see if I have a similar issue with the audio in my MINI...and then also get a BT headset and see if my phone transmits audio to it. Third would be to find someone else with a Dare and see if it works in the MINI!

Any other suggestions?

Old 12-31-2008, 06:37 PM
finaddict
1st Gear
Originally Posted by porifera
The verizon version of the omnia works fine in my 2009 non-hifi. bluetooth control and transfered contact list just fine,first time.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:41 PM
dhoosee
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
UPDATE: Verizon Moto W755

Originally Posted by dhoosee
My software version is COOL01_01.10.00R for my W755....
Was having problems with "ring-through" with my phone and discovered something tonight:

On my Verizon Moto W755, the phone will ring through the speakers IF THE PHONE IS SET TO VIBRATE! It happened on an incoming call tonight, and I tested it again when I arrived at home. Turning the ringer volume up on the phone's handset will cut the stereo out and ring through the phone itself, but will not ring through the speakers.

Everything else works perfectly too.

Chalk up a "YES" for the Moto W755.......

Old 01-05-2009, 07:03 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Just wanted to report that after four months, the Treo 700p is still working well. It only transfers the favorites, but that works for me. I still want to try the Centro but haven't had (or made) the time to mess with it yet.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:25 PM
WICHES
Neutral
Has anyone tried the T-Mobile G1?

Old 01-10-2009, 07:28 AM
spankybeaz
Neutral
Just took a gamble and switched phones and service. I went to sprint and got the samsung rant. I have had zero issues. The phone book loads up, it connected the first time (about 30 sec). Love the phone. just wish it had a dock for my armrest.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:50 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by spankybeaz
Just took a gamble and switched phones and service. I went to sprint and got the samsung rant. I have had zero issues. The phone book loads up, it connected the first time (about 30 sec). Love the phone. just wish it had a dock for my armrest.
Thanks! It's now in the list

Old 01-14-2009, 06:20 AM
Avril
1st Gear
Hey everyone

Anybody know if the new Blackberry Curve 8900 aka Javelin pairs up ok?

Thanks!

Old 01-14-2009, 08:04 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
As is seems all ohter Blackberrys work jsut fine i would suspect that there should be no problem. But until someone actually tries it we will not know. Are you willing to take the plunge and try it for us.
Originally Posted by Avril
Hey everyone

Anybody know if the new Blackberry Curve 8900 aka Javelin pairs up ok?

Thanks!

Old 01-14-2009, 02:20 PM
NJP
3rd Gear
Anyone try pairing the AT&T Quickfire phone to their Mini?

Old 01-14-2009, 03:34 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
UPDATE:
Just talked to Verizon, they claim no new software was pushed out to my phone. I did not initiate a new software update either, so it seems like it's the car. Has anyone else had a similar problem?
<snip>
Any other suggestions?
Hmm- did you check to see which version the phone's firmware is at? I guess if it's already broke, you could try an upgrade. IIRC, there's been a few firmware updates since the original borked one came around.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Shwa311
Neutral
Motorola Q9c (Sprint) now working...

Hi all, I just want to let everyone know about my wifes situation in her MCS with the Q9c. I've been following this thread for some time now but had not come across anyone mentioning this particular situation.

Anyway, when my wife would get in and start the car the BT would be detected and it would automatically go to an "in call" state that you could not "end". Ultimately (to get it working) we would soft reset the phone while the car was on and upon boot of windows mobile everything would be ok.

I dug and dug and dug through the Q menus and setting and at first found nothing. I chalked it up to the Q9c not being compatable. She was very dissappointed.

A few months past and I thought to myself that cant be. There has got to be something burries in the windows mobile, menus, registry... somewhere.

And sure enough there was. Right in front of my face but not so clear. Typical windows mobile. In the Advanced bluetooth settings there is an option to disconnect or disable the data connection. I did this and bang, everything works great. Contacts, Calls, etc.

sorry, I dont remeber the full file paths and menu names because I dont have the phone in front of me. I'll edit this post when I do.

Hope this helps.

Update:

the menu button in "Wireless Manager" has an option to "Disconnect Cellular Data"

It seems that the data connection of the phone is interfereing with the BT. Without a data connection active it works fine. As soon as you go to say internet explorer (data becomes active) the mini coop acts like it is in a phone call.

Im going to check out the moto Q boards to see if the is something I can do about this.

Last edited by Shwa311; 01-21-2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: update
Old 01-15-2009, 10:09 AM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Shwa311
Hi all, I just want to let everyone know about my wifes situation in her MCS with the Q9c. I've been following this thread for some time now but had not come across anyone mentioning this particular situation.
Good to know! I just added a note to the Q9C section of the list, thanks!

Old 01-17-2009, 07:53 AM
LOP
3rd Gear
HTC Fuze (at&t)=Good

Old 01-18-2009, 10:11 AM
blackjackmark
4th Gear
Originally Posted by nicknbecka
Hmm- did you check to see which version the phone's firmware is at? I guess if it's already broke, you could try an upgrade. IIRC, there's been a few firmware updates since the original borked one came around.
Actually it did start working again! I normally don't shut the phone off, even to harge it, but after recently rebooting the phone, it worked fine. I guess a good word to the wise for anyone, as these phones are basically litle computers anymore!

But to answer your question, checking for a recent software/firmware download was the first thing I thought of due to others' experience of new updates breaking a formerly working phone. I spent over 30 minutes on the phone with Verizon for them to finally tell me that this phone has to be taken into the store for new firmware to be flashed...it won't do it through the cell data signal. So that's probably good news so that it DOESN'T get broken due to a new software/firmware patch!

Old 01-18-2009, 03:00 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LOP
HTC Fuze (at&t)=Good
Thanks! Ah, I had the Fuze in there, but only in the HTC section- I need to figure out a better way to cross-reference between the carrier versions of the phones and the manufacturer's because this comes up with the Verizon and T-Mobile ones too.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:01 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
So that's probably good news so that it DOESN'T get broken due to a new software/firmware patch!
That is good news, at least it won't happen by accident

Old 01-21-2009, 11:54 AM
E36 M3
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by WICHES
Has anyone tried the T-Mobile G1?

Yes. I have the G1.

So far its not really working. 75% of the time when i get a call and i click accept, it freezes the whole system. I cant here music or cant get off the screen. Only way to get off, is restart the car.

Some other times it works fine, usually when i click answer on the actual phone, or make calls from the handset.

Im not sure if its a phone problem or the car. If anyone has any info or could give me some things to try, it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Krafty04
2nd Gear
Blackjack II

I am fed up with the Samsung Blackjack II with AT&T. Too many dropped calls, freezing system, and no ringing through the car. I'm going back to Motorola, the only phones that have provided 100% flawless service. The BJ II also causes problems with my BMW so double negative for me. Can you imagine the service bill to unfreeze the BT systems since the Samsung is not on the approved list?

I suggest moving the BJ II off the good list to the bad list.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:00 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Krafty04
I suggest moving the BJ II off the good list to the bad list.
Hmm- I've seen very few people with problems using the Blackjack II, by chance did you ever upgrade the phone to Windows Mobile 6.1? There was some flakeyness before the upgrade for most of the WM6 phones.

Anyone else out there have issues with it?

Old 02-01-2009, 08:20 AM
jiffener
Neutral
Sorry if this info is redundant with a previous post. I saw a few mentions of Touch phones in posts, but the master list in the first post does not mention my phone.

The HTC Touch (the older one without any slider or keyboard) pairs, phone numbers transfer, and no problems with placing or receiving calls. Have not tried any voice command stuff.

There are several flavors of HTC Touch. Mine is from Sprint, and is the "Vogue" type phone (model VOGU100). I am currently running Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional (came with the ROM update, v 3.03.651.4)

(For those people who have the HTC Touch Pro... I am so jealous! Those look super sweet.)

Quick Reply: Navigation & Audio Bluetooth compatibility list