JCW Anyone order non Dinamica Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 02:46 PM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Anyone order non Dinamica Seats?

Anyone order punch leather? Or non leather Dimamica...

Old 05-04-2015, 04:08 PM
knecht
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered Carbon Black Cross Punch Leather instead of the Dinamica seats. I originally spec'd the car with Dinamica and changed at the last minute to leather. I was really worried about how the seats would wear after looking at pictures of used Gen 2 GP's online (same style seats). None of them were terrible but leather should wear better and they are easier to take care of. I would love to share pics but I haven't received my car yet. There are some nice pics of cross punch online. I think they look great. The new Challenge 210 has them as well. Good luck with the decision.

Old 05-04-2015, 04:16 PM
GregoryK
6th Gear
I have the leather seats in my MCS. They are not supper high end leather but seem to wear fine. The edge of the seats is made from suede like material...this has worn on my car from me getting in and out of the car. So I'm thinking if the Dinamica leather seats have this material they will not wear well.

Old 05-04-2015, 04:28 PM
knecht
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by GregoryK
I have the leather seats in my MCS. They are not supper high end leather but seem to wear fine. The edge of the seats is made from suede like material...this has worn on my car from me getting in and out of the car. So I'm thinking if the Dinamica leather seats have this material they will not wear well.
I would bet the trim is Dinamica. I had a micro suede couch once and it was a pain as it seemed to always have marks/scuffs on it. You can groom it which helps. I wish they made the Dinamica seat in full leather.

Do you have the leather or the leatherette seats in your MCS?

Old 05-04-2015, 05:03 PM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Leather. They look good after a year.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:20 AM
MES11
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered the leather dinamica JCW sport seats because I thought they felt more comfortable than the regular sport seats. I wish the JCW sport seats had a real leather option though.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:53 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by MES11
I ordered the leather dinamica JCW sport seats because I thought they felt more comfortable than the regular sport seats. I wish the JCW sport seats had a real leather option though.
They do. They are not JCW sport seats, they're the same sport seats in the regular Minis, and you can get leather. The "JCW" seats are the dinamicas, the ones that resemble my Recaros, with the wrap around shell. They are standard on the JCW and $2000 extra for Alcantara leather.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:00 PM
knecht
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
They do. They are not JCW sport seats, they're the same sport seats in the regular Minis, and you can get leather. The "JCW" seats are the dinamicas, the ones that resemble my Recaros, with the wrap around shell. They are standard on the JCW and $2000 extra for Alcantara leather.
In comparing pictures of the sport seats vs the JCW sport seats the bolsters look to be the same size. I could be wrong but the pictures look very similar.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:11 PM
knecht
3rd Gear
The bolsters look pretty substantial

Name:  Cross%20Punch%20Leather.jpg
Views: 7019
Size:  50.6 KB

Name:  Cross%20Punch%20Leather%20Top.jpg
Views: 5878
Size:  339.4 KB

Old 05-05-2015, 06:53 PM
GregoryK
6th Gear
I'm in Canada. The regular seats in the jcw are the Dinamica cloth carbon black. The Dinamica leather combo version is $2250. On the configerater the seats all look the same because it just shows the front.....

Old 05-22-2015, 08:44 AM
maytulip32
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GregoryK
Which seats do you suggest? I originally was going to do the leatherette but the more I drive my other Mini with the leatherette seats they make your butt sweat in this wonderful FL heat. 😀

Old 05-22-2015, 10:41 AM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Originally Posted by maytulip32
Which seats do you suggest? I originally was going to do the leatherette but the more I drive my other Mini with the leatherette seats they make your butt sweat in this wonderful FL heat. 😀
The problem with all MINI seats are that they are rarely fitted properly. Just look at the photos - especially the back seats. You would never see wrinkles and folds on in the seat covers on a BMW. I've had 4 MINI's and each one has had to have at least one seat cover replaced and others reattached by the dealership. That being said the leather seats on my F56 aren't badly fitted. I am having the drivers seat replaced because there is a hole in the foam which has caused the leather to "sag" but otherwise not bad.
Guess I would recommend these if I was asked. :=)

Old 05-22-2015, 05:52 PM
knecht
3rd Gear
I've had my car for just over a week and I'm so happy I didn't get the Dinamica seats. I picked up my daughter twice from softball this past week and it was nice being able to wipe down the seat with leather cleaner after her pants got the seat dirty. I would not have been happy otherwise...

Old 05-23-2015, 04:32 AM
maytulip32
2nd Gear
Smile

Originally Posted by knecht
I've had my car for just over a week and I'm so happy I didn't get the Dinamica seats. I picked up my daughter twice from softball this past week and it was nice being able to wipe down the seat with leather cleaner after her pants got the seat dirty. I would not have been happy otherwise...
Which seats did you get? Thanks for the insight. I haul my English Bulldog around and he gets hair everywhere. I need something easy to clean.

Last edited by maytulip32; 05-23-2015 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Added more
Old 05-23-2015, 06:15 AM
knecht
3rd Gear
I upgraded to the Sport Seats with Carbon Black Cross Punch Leather. They are a $1500 upgrade. They are black leather seats a few posts above. The bolsters are great. The JCW seats really only appear to add the integrated headrest. Having kids and a dog they made the most sense. They look and feel great.

Old 05-27-2015, 04:40 PM
e46jb
4th Gear
After having Dinamica seats in my R56 JCW, I had to select them for my new F56. I don't see any other MINI seat being as comfortable, and supportive

Old 05-28-2015, 07:45 AM
papawhiskey
4th Gear
Originally Posted by knecht
I upgraded to the Sport Seats with Carbon Black Cross Punch Leather. They are a $1500 upgrade. They are black leather seats a few posts above. The bolsters are great. The JCW seats really only appear to add the integrated headrest. Having kids and a dog they made the most sense. They look and feel great.
So you can't get the JCW seats in the Cross Punch Black leather? I've got the sport seats with CP leather in my F56S and love them. They look and feel good and after a year are holding up fine. I'm in the process of configuring a JCW and have been confused by the seating options (or lack thereof).

Old 05-28-2015, 10:10 AM
knecht
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by papawhiskey
So you can't get the JCW seats in the Cross Punch Black leather? I've got the sport seats with CP leather in my F56S and love them. They look and feel good and after a year are holding up fine. I'm in the process of configuring a JCW and have been confused by the seating options (or lack thereof).
You are correct, the JCW seats only come in cloth or Dinamica. You have to choose the regular sports seats to get cross punch leather. The integrated headrest appears to be the only thing you lose. They really need to offer the JCW seat in a full leather option.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:14 PM
acorrea
1st Gear
My understanding is that the JCW Sports Seats have the integrated headrest which would better accommodate a track helmet, are more bolstered & don't come in full leather as they will be more slippery thus negating the purpose of the JCW seats.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:41 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by acorrea
My understanding is that the JCW Sports Seats have the integrated headrest which would better accommodate a track helmet, are more bolstered & don't come in full leather as they will be more slippery thus negating the purpose of the JCW seats.
I realize I don't have the same JCW seats (Recaro), but the seating surface of mine is Alcantara fake leather, and there's no sliding at all. The bolsters are the regular leather. My 2007 R56 seats were leather, and you to slide a bit. I think the Dinamicas look great in the pix and was surprised they are standard on the JCW. IMO the F56 seats are great too though.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:24 PM
knecht
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by acorrea
I don't know that I agree a full leather seat would negate the purpose of the JCW seat. There are plenty of very high end sports cars that have full leather seats. Just sayin...

Old 05-28-2015, 05:40 PM
acorrea
1st Gear
We are all entitled to our opinions...I was only referencing information relayed to me.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:40 PM
xpunisherx
2nd Gear
Anyone have experience with the "regular" (Cloth) JCW seats? I just ordered my 2016 JCW, but opted to not add the $2000 Dinamica. Wondering if i should just bite the bullet and upgrade. Any thoughts?

Old 06-04-2015, 06:28 PM
knecht
3rd Gear
This is why I didn't get Dinamica. I can't speak for how these seats were taken but I have seen to many GP3 seats that look like this.

Name:  GP%20Seat_1.jpg
Views: 4174
Size:  22.5 KB

Old 06-05-2015, 06:02 AM
Grizld700
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm having trouble seeing what you're seeing. This looks like a new seat to me. Just needs a quick swipe to get the hand mark off.

Quick Reply: JCW Anyone order non Dinamica Seats?