F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Pandora issue with Mini-Connect; Looking for help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 06:56 AM
CobraBob
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pandora issue with Mini-Connect; Looking for help.

I have the Pandora app on my iPhone 5S. I can connect to the app easily with either the (Apple) USB/Lightning cable or with Bluetooth. However, I have one annoying problem. When I first connect, for example, using the USB/Lightning cable, the info displayed on the MINI-Connect screen is correct. It shows the proper song title, etc. But when subsequent songs play, the displayed info on the MINI-Connect screen is still from the first song. If I disconnect/reconnect the cable, the song info will update, but then when the next song plays, I'm back with the same issue.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any tips? So far I haven't gotten any info from the dealer. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:05 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by CobraBob
I have the Pandora app on my iPhone 5S. I can connect to the app easily with either the (Apple) USB/Lightning cable or with Bluetooth. However, I have one annoying problem. When I first connect, for example, using the USB/Lightning cable, the info displayed on the MINI-Connect screen is correct. It shows the proper song title, etc. But when subsequent songs play, the displayed info on the MINI-Connect screen is still from the first song. If I disconnect/reconnect the cable, the song info will update, but then when the next song plays, I'm back with the same issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any tips? So far I haven't gotten any info from the dealer. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Just a guess, but I have noticed odd behavior if I launch MINI Connected before plugging into the USB, so now, I do it after it's plugged in. Not sure if that's the case with you. I listen to Webradio exclusively, but never to Pandora.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:22 AM
seabrooktx
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an iPhone 5s and use the Mini-connected Pandora app. I have had no issues. Usually I connect with the USB/lightning cable, start the Mini-connected app on the phone, scroll thru the menus on the car to start Pandora. No issues with the song displays. I have not tried just using Pandora by Bluetooth. I seem to think that one day I had Pandora running on the phone and when I started the car it automatically connected by Bluetooth, but I did not leave it playing.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:55 PM
hammerhands
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Try closing the app and/or rebooting the phone.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:28 PM
CobraBob
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by seabrooktx
I have an iPhone 5s and use the Mini-connected Pandora app. I have had no issues. Usually I connect with the USB/lightning cable, start the Mini-connected app on the phone, scroll thru the menus on the car to start Pandora. No issues with the song displays. I have not tried just using Pandora by Bluetooth. I seem to think that one day I had Pandora running on the phone and when I started the car it automatically connected by Bluetooth, but I did not leave it playing.
I had a service appointment today at my MINI dealer and when I was about to leave my MA (Michael Fisher) offered to look at my MINI-Connect/Pandora setup. Come to find out, I had not set up MINI-Connect properly. He basically showed me how to set it up, pretty much as you described above. I works perfectly now. I can select all of my Pandora stations from the MINI-Connect and select new ones. And finally the display info matches what is playing.

Thanks for your help! Also thanks to Darex and Hammerhands for offering up suggestions.