Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical Tire monitor and DSC light on--Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 10:32 AM
RCMini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire monitor and DSC light on--Help!

I installed a new rear sway bar and camber links the other day. While I was driving home my DSC and flat tire light came on and stayed on. The manual says DSC and tire light systems have a defect if the light stays on continuously. What can I check?

Old 04-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Frodo
3rd Gear
Ciao RCMini, Mine has the same problem and I have had it a while. Since my car is not covered under the big W anymore, I have been waiting to take it to the dealer. I know mine is most likely one of the sensors on a wheel or in the steering shaft.

Since you just did a mod near the sensors, maybe you bumbed something. I would check to see if a wire is pinched or maybe loose. If not the dealer can check the codes and tell you what it is(I know going to the Italian dealer can be a pain). I think you can just replace the sensor yourself if it is at the wheel.

If you want, send me a email at work in the morning and I can help you check it out when we have some free time. Good luck,

Frodo

Old 04-23-2007, 10:27 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Received 115 Likes on 93 Posts
Happened to me after I lowered my car. The front passenger wheel sensor some how became stretched and stoped working the part is $120 or free under warranty. It is an easy fix, the wire doesn't have to look damaged to be bad.
M

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
Old 04-27-2007, 10:22 PM
chisss
3rd Gear
the MINI has an alignment sensor... you have to go to the dealer and have the reset it. Not sure if they will charge you but that's what happens when you align the car, the sensors don't register the new alignment and the sensors need to be reset.

you messed with your suspension components so your alignment might be off and the mini is telling you that

Old 06-15-2007, 12:17 PM
sgort2
1st Gear
RCMini
What did you do to get your lights to shut off? The same thing happened to me last night, while driving, both lights came on, solid, not flashing. This morning they were still on and, oddly enough, went out while driving. I haven't touched my suspension, 2 days ago I removed the fuse box, disconnecting the harness at the front of the box with the black connector and the main, red power lead at the back of the box. If it was fuse box related, I would have expected the lights to go on upon start up after I reinstalled the box, not a day later while driving, just my 2 cents.