Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Craven speed SSK w/ well cover Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 06:19 PM
cb_smalls
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Craven speed SSK w/ well cover Fitment

I installed the craven speed SSK and went ahead and purchased NM's linkage cover and re installed it with the solid mounts they include. I also purchased the Shift well cover because I wanted to be able to adjust the height on the fly. My problem is the fitment of the shift well cover. When ever i shift into reverse the shift shaft comes into contact with the cover and pops it out.

When I originally installed everthing I broke the white 3 clip bushing that the shaft sits in. I replaced the bushing with a aftermarket CNC 'd version from WAY but it never fit as well as stock. There seems to be a lot of movement in the base itself possible from pulling/prying to get the bushing up.

I guess my question is this. Has anyone else with cravenspeed's shift well cover had the same issue or is it because my shift base itself has too much side to side play causing it to come in contact with the cover. Either way I have ordered a new shift base ( 132$ from ECS to re install) Hopefully this fixes it.

Last edited by cb_smalls; 03-29-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:26 AM
CravenSpeed
Vendor
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Is it possible that the shift well needs to be rotated? The two pins on the underside should face to 12 o'clock, straight at the console. The logo on it faces the driver, not the rear which, I realize, is confusing.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:02 PM
cb_smalls
2nd Gear
😑 duhh. Thanks for that now it fits fine don't know why I didn't fiddle with that more It just seems award to have the insignia on right side of the cover.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:34 PM
cb_smalls
2nd Gear
None the less I still plan on replacing the shifter base to fix that bushing. The one from WAY in my opinion is just too roughe.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:33 PM
CravenSpeed
Vendor
That is our 3D printed replacement for the retainer clip. I could make you another one, they are a bit rough because they are printed, but they are also nylon and you should not really have any additional friction over the stock unit. You probably also noticed that our design locks into place tighter than the stock clip, removing play from main pivot point of your shifter.

If you want to return it, I would be happy to give you a pre-paid shipping label to send it to us. I would only be able to give you store credit though since it was not purchased through our system.

-=Kellen

Old 03-30-2015, 09:26 PM
cb_smalls
2nd Gear
Kellen,

I think a lot of the problem with play I have is in the in white plastic piece on the side of the shift box that the adjacent arm locks into (if that makes sense) after so much pulling and prying to get the new ssk in. My question is this. Do you think I would really have a more solid feel with your 3d printed retaining clip installed in the new box rather than the factory clip that comes already installed? If so I'd be interested in sending you back the piece I have now that never fit correctly if your willing to exchange for new one. I'm assuming you work for WAY or supply those parts to him?

Old 03-30-2015, 09:31 PM
CravenSpeed
Vendor
I think I can clear some things up, yes.

-We design and manufacture parts, Way is a MINI expert and one of our trusted dealers of the parts we make.

-The white clip you got from him was made by us, and I do believe it fits and works better than the stock clip

-If you are replacing the whole box anyway you can try our clip and the stock clip. If you don't agree that ours is better, then hit me up (email is best) for a return label and some credit towards some more toys for your MINI.

Thanks for your interest in our parts!

Old 03-30-2015, 09:35 PM
cb_smalls
2nd Gear
Ok so I can send you the defective retaining clip. You send me a new one and if it doesn't work out better than stock I can return it for store credit? If this is the case I'm interested and I'll pm you my email information. Thanks man

Old 03-31-2015, 10:01 AM
CravenSpeed
Vendor
We could do that, but I thought you were replacing the box because it was the issue. I have doubts that our part is 'defective' but if you feel that it is I would be glad to replace it for you.