R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 2011 Ordering

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 03:31 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Prices

So, long story short, I'm waiting until prices come out, then I'm going that darn night. She's saying right now 4-5 weeks start to finish time, maybe 4-6 by the end of August once pricing has been out for awhile. Also kept saying the base MSRP is only going up "most likely $500". She kept saying that over and over, so maybe they know something, who knows. I'm also waiting on financing options to appear so I know what that move will be too.

The dealers have no idea what the prices are going to be. Gabe, over at Motoringfile has a better connection to Mini/BMW and he was told that the line up was to increase only $200, but the JCW, which I have on order is to go up a few hundred dollars, or $300 - $400. And that's with the included HD and Sirius radio and all the new changes. I'm pretty sure that the auto dimming outside mirrors will be a $250. option, as that's about what Mini is charging for smaller options.

All this is, of course, just a guess, but will probably hit it pretty close. A $500. increase is what I am expecting when all is said and done. And that includes the options. By the way, don't forget the HID and adaptive headlites. $600 for both of those is cheap compared to the competition.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:15 AM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it bad I had a dream last night that they released the new builder this morning? Ahhhh I'm going CRRAAZZYYY. *sigh*

I'm guessing $500 base increase, and yeah, I'm hoping $250 for side dimming (although something in MotoringFile had me wondering if you have to have auto-dimming rear too..I'm a manual kind of person when it comes to that stuff). The iPod/USB thing is changing too, so I want to double check on that.

Basically, my build will be:
MCCS, LzB, Black roof, manual, Premium, Cold, Sport (unsure on which wheels, probably the 5-star) with black bonnets, armrest, iPod/USB, roof rails, and auto-dim sides. Might spring the $100 for the adaptive headlights since Xenons are in the Sport.

Ahhh...cccaaannnnooootttt wwaaaiiiiittttt I got all giggly last night when I went to the dealer. Got a ton more questions answered and really narrowed down my choices. Was dead set on going cloth, but after feeling them again, I've decided to stick to leatherette.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:34 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Wahoo, I wasn't aware that the HID's were part of the Sport package. If you're getting the Sport package, shucks, $100 for the adaptive lights just makes sense. There might be a special package, although I didn't see any on the options sheet that I have. I do know that the headlight washers are part of the Cold Package now. They keep changing around the package contents. I went with the cloth and red leather. Splurged on that. Cold package, HID's and adaptive lights. Actually, I am trying to get the adaptives and HID's for the $100. We'll see if they catch. They went thru on the computer, so who knows. Rear fogs, interior auto dimmer and garage door opener. BRG ll with the Chili Red Roof and mirrors. It won't be built until September 12th and I can change a few things if pricing sucks. About the ony change that I migh make is in the seats and go with the JCW checkered black seats instead and add the auto dimming outside mirrors. The reason for the late build date is that's the second run they tell me. Deliver will be around November 1st, which is just fine with me. Six to ten weeks is what I am being told, if I don't go for Port installation. Add three weeks then. Word of advice, don't do any port install as that will cost you three to four weeks now. That did come from my dealer.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:46 AM
lhigham2317
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 pricing announced to dealers

Please contact your dealer for 2011 pricing - they should have it.

2011 MC hardtop - $20100 including 700.00 destination
2011 MCS hardtop - $23700 inc dest
2011 JCW hardtop - $29800 inc dest

2011 MC convertible - $25550 inc dest.
2011 MCS convertible - $28550 inc dest
2011 JCW convertible - $35000 inc dest

2011 MC Clubman - $21800 inc dest
2011 MCS Clubman - $25500 inc dest
2011 JCW Clubman - $32000 inc dest.

MINI Connected will be available to order for December production arriving at dealers in January.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:55 AM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
I assume by HIDs you mean Xenons, correct? If so, Xenons have been a part of the Sport Package for 2010s, I assume they wouldn't ditch that. If they do, scratch the Sport Package then, I'm just gonna go for Xenons and the wheels and save myself $700, and self install the bonnet stripes. This is the problem with not having the build configuration yet...just do not know what's going on, and minor changes like that could really add up. If Xenons are still in the Sports Package, I'm gonna go for it and add the adaptives in on top..you're right, $100 is no sweat.

The thing I didn't like about the cloth seats is that, being a girl, I wear short shorts and skirts/dresses a lot and those can ride up when I drive clutch, and the cloth wasn't really "clothy"...it was much rougher and not conducive to my skin. I saw the cloth/leather combo and it seemed that the middle of the seat was cloth, right where the bottom of my thighs would rub. Is the front middle part of the cloth/leather combo leather, or cloth like it appears?

Also, she told me to expect the car in by the end of September if I order in the next week. If they're telling you Nov 1st, that's ridiculous, that's over 8 weeks. Are you east coast or west coast? I'm about an hour and half from the Baltimore port, so that may make a big difference, but not 4+ weeks..

Last edited by wahoo_shoe; 08-21-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:58 AM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Ihigham: how do you know this? Last night she was dead certain they didn't have pricing. Also...a $750 price increase?? Surprising...

Old 08-21-2010, 11:00 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
I call Xenon's HID's, at least that's what I was told. I'll be darned, guess that they are part of the Sport package, I had forgotten that. Guess that I get luck in that the JCW went up only $300. Sorry about the $700 increas in your Mini S, but remember that you do get Sirius and HD radio at no charge this year. Still, $700 would have just about paid for the H&K sound system.

Those prices are just about what Gabe said in late June, but he did miss on your Mini S though. My dealer two weeks ago said that he would have his prices on August 23rd, so timing is about right. Still, I'm with you on where Ihigham found these. I've looked all over for them with no success.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Dodgy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by lhigham2317
Please contact your dealer for 2011 pricing - they should have it.
Thanks, lhigham2317! My dealer confirmed he does indeed have 2011 pricing. I'm working with him to see what a 2010 config turns into in 2011.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:55 AM
lhigham2317
2nd Gear
2011 pricing

Wahoo shoe,

I am a Motoring Advisor. We just received the pricing yesterday.
All dealers should have information.
Please let me know if I can assist further.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:09 PM
lhigham2317
2nd Gear
2011 lead time for custom orders

After you have configured your 2011 MINI ask your dealer to do a locate to see if there is a similarly equipped vehicle that is already built. If they are able to find one that is on the ocean or at the Port they can trade with the other dealer. No extra expense for dealer trades while still at the Port and you save several weeks or more.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:24 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Just called my guy and of course, he doesn't have any pricing. I was after the options prices, to see what happened to them. I would imagine that they will be on the MINIUSA site build it on Monday. Not there right now.

Thanks to Ihigham from me, too.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:27 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
So as of 7pm last night, I should've been able to order a car... ugh. Maybe this is the gods telling me I shouldn't order this car

So if I go in and sit down with an MA, they can give me a list of all the options I can get, their prices, and base MSRP prices?

Old 08-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Dodgy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by lhigham2317
After you have configured your 2011 MINI ask your dealer to do a locate to see if there is a similarly equipped vehicle that is already built. If they are able to find one that is on the ocean or at the Port they can trade with the other dealer. No extra expense for dealer trades while still at the Port and you save several weeks or more.
Thanks for the tip. I've already given him the 2011 wheel option and the three colors I'd consider, so hopefully there'll be something close that he can snag, as you suggest.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:13 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Hahahahahahaha I can't believe I had that dream last night and sure enough!!!
http://www.motoringfile.com/2010/08/...ng/#more-12987

Thanks for the alert Ihigham, maybe I'll head back there tonight or wait for Monday afternoon. Have pricing on options been released too, or do you expect them to follow Monday? I don't want to go in without any surprises, I'm hoping to get the customary $500 knocked off...

Old 08-21-2010, 02:16 PM
lhigham2317
2nd Gear
2011 option pricing

Your Motoring Advisor should have the information.
Option pricing is available also. If he doesn't have tell him/her to check Centernet for bulletin.

Most options pricing look the same. Cold Weather package is now 750.00
Headlight washers $100.00 - no longer part of Xenon headlights

MINI Connected and MINI Navigation now available until Dec production.
Aero kit and Value Package no longer available on MCS models.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:03 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Always figured that the Cold Package at $500 was too good of deal. The power fod mirrors were $500, and so was the Cold Package with heated mirrors, washer jets and seats. Hopefully there are some good surprises in the optional pricing.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:22 PM
chakram105
3rd Gear
If order a 2011 with Nav, will be able to put in a order now and get a dec production date? or do the dealers wait until nov or so to put in the order?

And are the black xenons available?

Old 08-22-2010, 12:06 AM
NJ Mini
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wahoo_shoe
I assume by HIDs you mean Xenons, correct? If so, Xenons have been a part of the Sport Package for 2010s, I assume they wouldn't ditch that. If they do, scratch the Sport Package then, I'm just gonna go for Xenons and the wheels and save myself $700, and self install the bonnet stripes. This is the problem with not having the build configuration yet...just do not know what's going on, and minor changes like that could really add up. If Xenons are still in the Sports Package, I'm gonna go for it and add the adaptives in on top..you're right, $100 is no sweat.

The thing I didn't like about the cloth seats is that, being a girl, I wear short shorts and skirts/dresses a lot and those can ride up when I drive clutch, and the cloth wasn't really "clothy"...it was much rougher and not conducive to my skin. I saw the cloth/leather combo and it seemed that the middle of the seat was cloth, right where the bottom of my thighs would rub. Is the front middle part of the cloth/leather combo leather, or cloth like it appears?
The part of the seat you're talking about is cloth. The very front portion is leather. Honestly, I couldn't justify the price considering it's 3/4 cloth for $1000. I ended up throwing in the extra $500 for the punch black leather and was happy I did.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:16 AM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
From what I've heard, black xenons are available, just not with the adaptive add-on. So, if you want to spring for Xenons and adaptive lighting ($100), you can't go black.

NJMini: yeah I'm most concerned about that very front edge part because that's where my legs will rub when shifting. In the pictures it looked shiny so I was hoping the entire leading edge is leather, but I guess not. Ohwell. I don't know if I can justify another $1500 onto the car. Even $1000 for L/C was really pushing it. I think it's more of a "looks nice" type deal, although you do get $500 in free interior trim/dash ring color choosing (when I was building online it said those are thrown in free...soo the leather comes out to be an additional $500)

Old 08-22-2010, 07:24 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
M
Originally Posted by wahoo_shoe
... Even $1000 for L/C was really pushing it. I think it's more of a "looks nice" type deal, although you do get $500 in free interior trim/dash ring color choosing (when I was building online it said those are thrown in free...soo the leather comes out to be an additional $500)
Don't forget L/C gets you adjustable lumbar support that all cloth and leatherette won't.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:51 AM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Thanks for throwing in another wrench SteelersFan Don't have it on my car now, but heck..this is going to be my main car for at least 5 years. I'm thinking probably 6-7 because hopefully then I'm married and settling down and making real grown-up decisions (aka post the giant money drain marrying/moving/etc is)

Old 08-22-2010, 08:34 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
The leather/cloth was a decision I still am not sold on, although I did order it because it realy goes with the chili red trim on the dash and the door ring. The other was the outside mirror auto dimmers. In the end, my thinking is that I'm going to keep this car till I die, so what's a couple of hundred bucks. Except that the only thing that my wife will look at is the final figure a t the bottom of the window sticker. The best part is that I do have cancellation rights when it comesl. And, I can still change the order until the first week in September. I ordered the Xenon's, or HID's whatever you want to call them, and those I could live without. Same for the leather and cloth, but I do love the smell of leather, though.

What I can't understand is why Mini doesn't add a few extras, yes they have added the HD and the worthless Sirius, but why not lounge leather, or the Xenon's with the adaptors. With their sales on the JCW and the regular MiniS, instead of taking away more sales why not be a little more friendly. Even BMW, their parent is doing that on the 1 series.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:35 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Yeah I'd end up getting the white, since exterior is LzB and I'm concerned about, well, white leather! I, too, am blinded by that sticker price I think I'd be happy just getting the extreme base S, no options, except for sound and sunroof, but hey...we gotta love em for a long, long time

Old 08-22-2010, 02:20 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Wahoo_shoe.....Let's face it, you're going to be happy with whatever you get. The options that we both worry about today, well when we get the Mini, we're not going to be all that concerned whether it has the eXnon's with the adaptors, or whether it has the optional auto adjusting mirrors, and several other of the options, but what we will be concerned about that it comes, that it has the nicely refurbished *****, and trim, that everything fits nicely and that the white leather smells and feels like it does. That's what we will see, the new Mini. You the S me the JCW, it's what we want to the he** with everyone else.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:27 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Well said, well said. I'm skipping over most of the Conv package stuff because, yeah, it's cool, but I just want to be happy in my new MINI and none of that really makes a difference in that. New slogan: "who cares about your seats, you in a MINI!"

Quick Reply: R56 2011 Ordering