MINI Cooper MINI Cooper specs

Go Back   North American Motoring > 2nd Generation MINIs > Modifications > Cooper (non S)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to North American Motoring !
Welcome to North American Motoring,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

» Latest Main Topics
Hello from Sweden!
by nize
8 Replies, 90 Views
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 05:01 AM
1st Gear

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
Transmission remapping

I hate the stock transmission. I don't drive overly aggressive and when I accelerate away from a stop, the transmission shifts so fast through the gears, I get to sixth before I'm going 40 mph! If I put the car into Sport Mode, when I brake, the transmission downshifts so hard, I get tossed forward in my seat. Is there an aftermarket tuner that can reprogram my transmission to be more aggressive during acceleration but not slam the downshifts when braking? I don't need any more power, I just want a better shifting program.

Thanks!!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:14 AM
6th Gear

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gallery
It does that, take it out of sport mode or get used to it. Sorry.
2010 CR/B MCCSa HK, USB/BT, LightInSight, 20% tint + sunroof, Black LED side markers, Black beltline, AC handles (4), PULSAR, shorty ant, JCW Grill Surround, and Hsport Comp RSB (25.5mm). Custom HornBlasters Conductor's Special 232 w/ 4 gal pancake tank. 2nd cat & resonator delete. PlastiDiped: headlight rings, inside of headlights, gas cap, wheels(R110), badges, scuttles, & exhaust tips.
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring Sky Blue, added factory NAV
Old 09-29-2011, 10:21 AM
1st Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetti96 View Post
It does that, take it out of sport mode or get used to it. Sorry.
So nobody has a tuning package that addresses the transmission?
Old 09-29-2011, 01:08 PM
6th Gear

Gallery
Not for a non-S. FWIW the car does learn your style a little over time. It might get a little better with you calm driving style.
2010 CR/B MCCSa HK, USB/BT, LightInSight, 20% tint + sunroof, Black LED side markers, Black beltline, AC handles (4), PULSAR, shorty ant, JCW Grill Surround, and Hsport Comp RSB (25.5mm). Custom HornBlasters Conductor's Special 232 w/ 4 gal pancake tank. 2nd cat & resonator delete. PlastiDiped: headlight rings, inside of headlights, gas cap, wheels(R110), badges, scuttles, & exhaust tips.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:27 PM
1st Gear

Gallery
That really stinks! I've been driving the car for four years!!!

Thanks anyway!
Old 09-29-2011, 02:55 PM
6th Gear

Gallery
Just curious, what year is it?
Old 09-29-2011, 04:04 PM
1st Gear

Gallery
2007. I love the car otherwise but the shifting drives me crazy! I end up manually shifting when I need to accelerate but then the automatic takes over within a few seconds.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:24 PM
6th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch236 View Post
then the automatic takes over within a few seconds.
Push the gear shift lever over to left and then shift a gear with the paddles or shifter lever (back or forth) to keep the tranny from going back to automatic (D or DS).
Mods: Retrofit factory Bluetooth USB $6ND, Retrofit IBOC HD Radio $644, Retrofit HK amp $674, Retrofit Factory Armrest $473, Reprogrammed comfort closing & always show digital speed & fogs on with HB & no seat belt reminder & city lights are DRL, * PLX OBDII
DM-200 OLED digital gauge in Alta pod
Old 09-29-2011, 04:24 PM