Vendor Group Buys Group Buys from the Sponsors of North American Motoring.

SUNROOF SHADE for Mini Cooper and Clubman by ZippeeShade.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im hoping my vinyl decals will block some sun

Old 03-20-2011, 11:37 AM
peter314
5th Gear
I too would like to know if there is a version available without the logo printed on the black.

And how it affects the functionality of fully opening the roof.

From what I would assume the "extra material" you have to tuck around the edges would block any incoming air with the R56 roof in the "Vent" position.

Does anyone agree with this?

If I can get one without the logo I will certainly buy one, especially at that price

Old 03-20-2011, 01:23 PM
bluesman77
1st Gear
Since this is starting to resemble an Abbott and Costello skit, I gave up, bit the bullet and ordered the shades for our R56. After they arrive, I'll report on the "excess material" described in the video, what takes place to said material when the roofs are popped or opened and how difficult it is to remove them on the occaision you want to see through the glass. If they turn out as I suspect, there may have to be some surgery performed w/ scissors. I'd prefer a little light coming in as opposed to flapping material; if that's the case.

Originally Posted by peter314
I too would like to know if there is a version available without the logo printed on the black.

And how it affects the functionality of fully opening the roof.

From what I would assume the "extra material" you have to tuck around the edges would block any incoming air with the R56 roof in the "Vent" position.

Does anyone agree with this?

If I can get one without the logo I will certainly buy one, especially at that price

Old 03-22-2011, 11:28 AM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Installed my Zippee shades on my R55 Clubbie and got to REALLY test them yesterday, as it was warm enough to open my sun roof on my commute home...so, as they suggested, I opened it a bit before moving. As gradually increasing speed I opened roof a bit more , then all the way, going around 60.

No problems!!.

The logo on mine is a dark silver, so it doesn't jump out at you. the excess fabric simply fills in any gaps when closed to seal out any light when closed!

Old 03-22-2011, 02:42 PM
JBC4317
4th Gear
"Finally a thrill-seeker!!!" That's what I'm talkin about...

Old 03-22-2011, 03:07 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JBC4317
"Finally a thrill-seeker!!!" That's what I'm talkin about...
You are freaking hilarious....be nice!! Have you SEEEN the price of gas these days?

Really didnt want to risk darn thing flying off, then having to wait for replacement...jeeeez...

Old 03-22-2011, 07:49 PM
JBC4317
4th Gear
Thanks Giggles... I'll take that as a compliment. As soon as all that snow melts back there I'm sure that glass top'll be slid back so the wind can send all the outdoor smells of Spring thru that little Blue Just'a... It ought'a be a fun time... Motor On and Enjoy!

Old 05-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Joshishy
Neutral
Great service and shades are working well

I am very happy with these shades and they are working well on my 06 MCS.
It does look like conventional shades, silver on the side and black on the other side. But the silver side does the job very well and indeed reduce the temp under the sun.
Easy to install and make sure the loosen edge facing front so the wind don't blow away your shades when open the roof....Yes..I drove it few times with roof opened on the freeway and they were fine...make sure you check the rubber sockets..they may loose sometimes..
Love the product and my wife loves it...although we sacrificed the view but keep the car cool when driving will also make you feel good...more calm and peaceful....
ZippeeShades...I recommend....

Old 05-13-2011, 08:48 PM
red death mini
Neutral
great product I got mine

Old 08-02-2011, 02:47 PM
will_g
Neutral
?

Anybody know if these guys are still in business? My wife ordered two sets a little over a week ago from the link in the original post, but we haven't received them yet. She also sent an email checking on them and hasn't received a response. I'm just curious what's going on and it doesn't look like ZippeeShade has been very active here lately based on his posts.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:06 PM
jacobjr
2nd Gear
Agree, these sunroof shades are AWESOME. I leave them on all the time, even when sunroof is open. Made a MAJOR diff in the interior temp of the car this summer. The logo on my set doesn't seem to look as large as the photo (but they ARE zippeeshades!)

Old 08-03-2011, 02:44 PM
1ncmini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by will_g
Anybody know if these guys are still in business? My wife ordered two sets a little over a week ago from the link in the original post, but we haven't received them yet. She also sent an email checking on them and hasn't received a response. I'm just curious what's going on and it doesn't look like ZippeeShade has been very active here lately based on his posts.

I ordered these about 1 month ago and it took me around 2 weeks to get them, but I did send them an email inquiring about my order and they responded. I love them!! It has been almost 100 degrees here in NC for what seems like forever and they've made a big difference.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:40 AM
texasmontego
4th Gear
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Just placed an order. The Texas heat is just too much. I even tinted my sunroof and it's still like an oven in there. Thanks for the Group Buy price.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:31 PM
xntrickly
2nd Gear
Hopeful!!

Just used paypal to purchase these for the North Texas heat and a popup window indicated they'd be shipped within 24 hours ($4.99 shipping). I was sent an email immediately stating that the shades were being packed and shipped immediately so in my books that's pretty exceptional customer service!!!

Regards.

Last edited by xntrickly; 08-05-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:44 PM
will_g
Neutral
Just wanted to follow up and say our shades did arrive. It was about a week and a half after we placed our order. I guess we just got a little too impatient...must have been the heat. Installation was a breeze and so far the driving experience with them installed is a huge improvement.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:19 PM
xntrickly
2nd Gear
Follow up...

Ordered mine on Friday afternoon, immediately received an email with a tracking number and they arrived Monday... WOW. Pressed out the wrinkles as per the instructions and voila straight in with no problems. Can hardly wait until tomorrow to see how much cooler the car will be with these brilliant add-ons. Many thanks to the folks at ZippeeShade for their product and customer service!!

Regards.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Neitherfanboy
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just ordered a set a few moments ago. Was surprised when I bought my MCS that there was not an option to completely block out the sunroof, this should work nicely!

Old 08-10-2011, 11:46 AM
jacobjr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by xntrickly
Ordered mine on Friday afternoon, immediately received an email with a tracking number and they arrived Monday... WOW. Pressed out the wrinkles as per the instructions and voila straight in with no problems. Can hardly wait until tomorrow to see how much cooler the car will be with these brilliant add-ons. Many thanks to the folks at ZippeeShade for their product and customer service!!

Regards.
So how did they do? Are you a happier (and COOLER) purchaser now too?

Old 08-10-2011, 12:04 PM
jimismini
Neutral
I was contemplating getting my sunroof tinted as well and was going to ask if there was a blackout shade option...now I know there isn't...I too will be ordering a ZippeeShade. Thanks!

Last edited by jimismini; 08-10-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:27 PM
xntrickly
2nd Gear
Absolutely!!!

Originally Posted by jacobjr
So how did they do? Are you a happier (and COOLER) purchaser now too?

Without a doubt I am thrilled with these... We're going on over 65/66 days of above 100 degrees in North Texas and I can tell you that these made a huge difference... this was the first day at lunch where I did not have to have the max AC option going with full fan output!!! One of the best $40 purchases I've made!!

Highly recommended!!

Old 08-18-2011, 03:32 PM
earlguy
Neutral
Hi my name is David Stence and just ordered your product. However I think I should've ordered one for a 2008 clubman instead of the regular Mini Cooper. Could you possibly change this before shipping it? Thanks–512-452-5867

Old 08-18-2011, 04:07 PM
ZippeeGear
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by earlguy
Hi my name is David Stence and just ordered your product. However I think I should've ordered one for a 2008 clubman instead of the regular Mini Cooper. Could you possibly change this before shipping it? Thanks–512-452-5867
David, thanks for your order through our NAM Group Buy Site. I went ahead and made the change for you and will ship out this afternoon.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:45 PM
ballandchain
4th Gear
Sorry, i just cant get over the HUGE logo on it....

Old 08-18-2011, 05:25 PM
xntrickly
2nd Gear
Can't see the logo...

My logo is a very subtle gray and you can not see it when you pull the mesh slide over. These have made a noticeable difference in our interior cabin and we're really happy with that as we go into our 73 rd day of above 100 degrees in North Texas.

cheers.

Originally Posted by ballandchain
Sorry, i just cant get over the HUGE logo on it....

Old 08-18-2011, 05:47 PM
minikari
2nd Gear
Wish I had seen this. bought one direct from the website yesterday! :/

Quick Reply: SUNROOF SHADE for Mini Cooper and Clubman by ZippeeShade.com