Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

OZ Allegerita

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 12:33 AM
VittorioS
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OZ Allegerita

Hey guys, I decided to ditch my heavy replicas and go for something that'll make my Cooper more fun to drive.

As of now, my Mini is running STR 606, 17x8.5 on 205/45/17, so yes there's a bit of a stretch. I'm open to the whole stance thing, but I realize it's not for me. Anyways, I'd like some input.

Since my tires were stretched, would it be okay to put them back on a wheel that is meant to have that 205 tire? Also; has anyone else bought these wheels? I'm debating on the matte graphite or anthracite finish. Pictures of these wheels on a car will help

Last, I read on Tirerack that it doesn't come with lug bolts. I'm just wondering if "tuner" bolts will work with them anyways. These wheels look nice, it's just I don't think they match my aged OEM lug bolts

Thanks all

Old 09-09-2013, 11:00 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
You can inspect your 205 mm tire for any problems inside and out once they are dismounted. If there is no visible damage then you can reuse them if treadlife remains, more than 5/32" I hope.

OEM lug bolts will work with many wheels, ask your wheel vendor before you purchase.
Try talking to Alex@tirerack.com extention 4294

Old 09-10-2013, 12:08 PM
VittorioS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by minihune
You can inspect your 205 mm tire for any problems inside and out once they are dismounted. If there is no visible damage then you can reuse them if treadlife remains, more than 5/32" I hope.

OEM lug bolts will work with many wheels, ask your wheel vendor before you purchase.
Try talking to Alex@tirerack.com extention 4294
Thanks for the response,

I ended up putting my old wheels with tires for sale. I decided that it'll be better to order the wheel/tire combo from tirerack since it's less likely to get scratched up on the install over there. Well, hopefully. Plus, new wheels/tires seem like the better route since my old tires sucked during the rainy season.

I'm just waiting on one more paycheck then I can order them, hopefully by tomorrow

Old 09-11-2013, 07:03 AM
Alex@tirerack
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Alleggerita requires lug bolts and aluminum centering rings. I include both with the wheel purchase at no charge.

What color OZ did you have in mind?

Please give me a call when your ready to set the order up.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:06 AM
VittorioS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Alex@tirerack
The Alleggerita requires lug bolts and aluminum centering rings. I include both with the wheel purchase at no charge. What color OZ did you have in mind? Please give me a call when your ready to set the order up.
Hi Alex, I couldn't wait much longer and went ahead and ordered last night.

I could provide you my order number if needed.