Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension camber links

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 06:37 AM
chrisdurand
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
camber links

In the future i plan on going with a lowered suspension, wondering if it was a must to use those rear camber links and if so is it more important to use it for the toe or the camber.

thanks,

Old 06-17-2017, 09:38 AM
sevin
6th Gear
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisdurand
In the future i plan on going with a lowered suspension, wondering if it was a must to use those rear camber links and if so is it more important to use it for the toe or the camber.

thanks,
Your rear camber alignment will go out with a lowered suspension, depending on the drop. Toe will not be affected. I'd just go with some H-Sport camber links.

https://www.ecstuning.com/ES3098232

Old 06-17-2017, 03:02 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
Once you lower suspension the rear camber will be more negative and difficult to adjust back to near OEM alignment. This will tend to wear out the inner rear tire treads and increase tendency to oversteer if turning hard.

Owners will add one pair of rear adjustable control arms (lower pair) to allow the rear camber to be lessened. These can be added at the same time as the suspension mods for very little additional labor cost. You will need to redo alignment after the suspension has been given a little time to settle.

The rear control arms are identical whether for the upper or lower pair, the upper is to adjust toe while the lower pair adjusts camber. Toe settings are still adjustable back into OEM range even with a lowered suspension without having to add adjustable upper arms.

There are several brands of control arms which are adjustable, they vary in price, finish, adustability and durability. Since you are not really trying to adjust it all the time something less costly and basic should work.
see
https://www.waymotorworks.com/megan-...ber-links.html
Contact Way to ask about various options.

Old 06-18-2017, 07:06 AM
chrisdurand
2nd Gear
Thanks for the replies, i basically just want to get rid of the current rake stance that my mini has ( rear higher than the front )...think it might be a inch and a half at most of rear drop, it will not be slammed...

Old 06-18-2017, 09:36 AM
RB-MINI
6th Gear
Received 489 Likes on 408 Posts
Unfortunately MINI's, at least 1st gens, seem to have a natural rake to them. If you lower your car so the tire gap is even, or close to even, there'll be a still be noticeable rake from the side skirt and the ground. The tapering belt and window line doesn't help by accentuating the raked look. If you get the body to look level with the ground, the rear tires will be tucked and the front will look high. There's probably a good compromise, but I dont think you can get rid of the raked look completely and have the car look "right".

Old 06-18-2017, 02:43 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
MINIs naturally have a lot of rear camber as you see they always eat up the inside edge on the rear tires. So we would recommend adjustable rear control arms even on a stock car, but with lowering it you amplify it even more so it's a must do to save tires. As you adjust the rear camber the rear toe will also change so you need to adjust both when you add the adjustable links.
These are what we use and recommend, have them in stock too.
https://www.waymotorworks.com/h-spor...ber-links.html

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 06-18-2017, 05:47 PM
chrisdurand
2nd Gear
thanks for all the additional information, looks like if i want it proper i will need the links.......Thumbs up!!