Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension Bc coilovers installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 02:23 PM
KNBIKER
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bc coilovers installation

Hi:

Recently bought a BC Racing Coilovers (Type T-01BR) for my 2005 R52 Mini Cooper Base.

I have a doubt concerning the installation of the BC coilovers. Specifically, if I need to use the olds OEM top rubber mounts (2 front and 2 rear) with the new coilovers OR just the BC coilovers comes ready to install. Also, wich setup is recommended for the front camber plates for a daily use car?

Please post photos of the installation process of the BC coilovers (preferably photos showing the coilovers under the fenders).

Note: I know that I need to adjust the height and set the clicks in each coilover.

Appreciatte your help.

Regards,

Kevin

Attached Thumbnails Bc coilovers installation-img_4744.jpg  
Old 03-14-2017, 10:46 AM
daviday
3rd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by KNBIKER
Hi:

Recently bought a BC Racing Coilovers (Type T-01BR) for my 2005 R52 Mini Cooper Base.

I have a doubt concerning the installation of the BC coilovers. Specifically, if I need to use the olds OEM top rubber mounts (2 front and 2 rear) with the new coilovers OR just the BC coilovers comes ready to install. Also, wich setup is recommended for the front camber plates for a daily use car?

Please post photos of the installation process of the BC coilovers (preferably photos showing the coilovers under the fenders).

Note: I know that I need to adjust the height and set the clicks in each coilover.

Appreciatte your help.

Regards,

Kevin
You will not need top mounts as they are integrated into the BC units as adjustable camber plates. I would recommend having the car professionally aligned and corner balanced - it is virtually impossible to recommend a setting that would translate properly over the internet. Additionally, this can't be done perfectly with out adjustable endlinks.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:39 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,715 Likes on 1,382 Posts
Any side pictures of the car and how it sits on the road? Are the rear coils set to zero preload on the springs? Are the fronts set to zero preload on the springs? Can you try to get more pictures of the installation and vehicle?

Too many variables and not enough information provided. I have seen many pictures on Minis with BC coilovers sitting pretty low in the rear. I suggest finding a shop that can help you with the set up if you are not comfortable doing it yourself.