Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension Lowering Springs Question RE: Camber

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 10:16 AM
badassmini
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowering Springs Question RE: Camber

I've looked at a few lowered minis and they all seem to be lower in the rear in terms of the measurement of the wheel to fender gap. I was wondering if the rear spring were a bit taller to match the gap in the front than the rear camber will not be -2.4 but a bit more positive. Not sure what the camber number will if the rear was raised to match the front. Is your lowered car lower in the rear or is it even. Please post with brand of the springs. Shopping for new springs and I'm trying to avoid buying the rear camber adjustment control arms. Also, I like the look of the car when the front and rear is the same gap. Waiting on reviews on the new M7 springs. If you have this spring, please provide the measurement of the front and rear wheel gap.

Old 07-23-2004, 10:30 AM
sfjames2
6th Gear
a badassmini, check out the M7 spring vs H sport in the performance susp. area of this site.

Old 07-23-2004, 10:31 AM
sfjames2
6th Gear
oooops, your already in this section. Check out the threads, I put some input down.

Old 07-23-2004, 11:38 AM
badassmini
3rd Gear
Sfjames,
Been following the post on various springs especially the one by Panginian (sorry if I misspelled). Looks like your happy w/ the M7 springs. How's the ride height? Front to rear height please. Did you get the rear camber measured? My buddy has the Hsport and he is planning on getting the adj. control arms to bring it closer to -1.5. Too much inside tire wear and others posted that understeer is increase if the neg. camber is increased in the rear.

Old 07-23-2004, 12:05 PM
sfjames2
6th Gear
badassmini, I have not measured anything yet. There is def. more camber in the rear, for now it will work to my benefit if it wears them out a little sooner, I want new ones anyway . I will eventually get the adj. control arms, but for now I'll plan on rotating every 2000-3000 miles .

Old 07-23-2004, 03:07 PM
Panganiban
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by badassmini
Sfjames,
Been following the post on various springs especially the one by Panginian (sorry if I misspelled). Looks like your happy w/ the M7 springs. How's the ride height? Front to rear height please. Did you get the rear camber measured? My buddy has the Hsport and he is planning on getting the adj. control arms to bring it closer to -1.5. Too much inside tire wear and others posted that understeer is increase if the neg. camber is increased in the rear.
Hey badass....I put up a post on the M7 thread. Anyway, the M7s are great so far. I just got'em done earlier today and I'm satisfied so far. The drop was very clean. As far as camber goes, they performed an alignment and Steve told me that it was at -2.5. Anyway, I held off on the arms. Was talking to a guy named Scott who was getting the H-sport control arms put in and he said that I should be fine as long as I rotate my tires every 4,000 miles. I'll probably get the control arms in a month or two if the tires wear too quick. Anyway, like I said the M7s are great. I haven't tried H-sports or H&Rs, but from what I've heard the H&Rs would be the roughest, then the H-sports. The M7s were designed with a compromise with both of these springs. Nice drop, but not as stiff as ride as you would expect. They're also progressive, so when you push the car the springs stiffen up. I'll fill you guys in as time passes by and we'll see. Other than that, I'm happy and I can vouch for the M7 guys. Please note that I'm in no way affiliated with M7, so I'm not being biased. Just met Peter about a week and a half ago and Randy, today. Great guys with innovative minds=great products!