Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Suspension Off Road R56 Mini Cooper With a Lift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 07:12 AM
lisforlandon
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, for the info and link. I've looked for several hours but, I guess I kept skipping over the right sites, ha.

Old 03-07-2016, 04:46 PM
bigfiero
2nd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by lisforlandon
Thanks, for the info and link. I've looked for several hours but, I guess I kept skipping over the right sites, ha.
When you get her all done post a pic.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:27 PM
Josh Sarver
Neutral
Originally Posted by bigfiero
When you get her all done post a pic.
I do have one question, is your Speedo off at all after the new tires?

I was actually looking to do a build very similar to yours. Strikingly similar, actually, only I am looking for Good off road tires as opposed to snows. Doesn't snow where I live haha.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:01 PM
bigfiero
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Josh Sarver
I do have one question, is your Speedo off at all after the new tires?

I was actually looking to do a build very similar to yours. Strikingly similar, actually, only I am looking for Good off road tires as opposed to snows. Doesn't snow where I live haha.

Yes, my speedo is off by 2mph so if im going 32mpg the actual speed is 30mpg. i have check this many times at many different speed traps.

I looked all over for offroad tires that would fit with this setup with no luck, so if you find some, awesome. I live in the south and we dont get snow down here either. That pic was when i travelled to the mountains. The tires do really well over rocky terrain and sand @ full inflation. I have yet to get her out for a real mud test.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:08 AM
ultrakill
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bigfiero, love your build. How was that push bar installed (welded or bolt-on, to what)? Do you have a part number?

I have been wanting to get a small lift so I don't bottom out so much, and because I like to do exploring. I bet with just 2" and bigger tires, you can do so much more stuff than normal. I have a real 4x4 for when I want to do real offroading, but I'm pretty much set right now on getting that coopercrap 2" lift.

Is the coopercrap 2" lift just a spacer that goes above spring? Did you need to add a longer shock or does it work for stock suspension?

Thanks.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:51 PM
bigfiero
2nd Gear
The push bar is made by Aries sorry no part # and it is a bolt on with no mods to the car no drilling/cutting/welding ect but mounting the bottom of the bar was a pain.

The coopercrap lift kit is a 2" spacer that is mounted above the coilovers. I did not modify the suspension at all. I am using all stock oem suspension parts.

Hope that answers your questions.

The following users liked this post:
TedStaR55 (12-27-2023)
Old 04-11-2016, 11:51 PM
ultrakill
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The push bar is made by Aries sorry no part # and it is a bolt on with no mods to the car no drilling/cutting/welding ect but mounting the bottom of the bar was a pain.

The coopercrap lift kit is a 2" spacer that is mounted above the coilovers. I did not modify the suspension at all. I am using all stock oem suspension parts.

Hope that answers your questions.
That's cool man, thanks for the quick answer.

I have 15" wheels stock so I'm trying to figure out what size tire I can get away with.

Did you get negative offset wheels because you had to push the tires out to not rub at full turn lock? Or did you just prefer the look of the wheels further out?

I'm trying to figure out what tire size I can get away with without trimming or rubbing. Did you have to do anything to fit your 215/60/15?

Old 04-12-2016, 06:01 PM
bigfiero
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ultrakill
That's cool man, thanks for the quick answer.

I have 15" wheels stock so I'm trying to figure out what size tire I can get away with.

Did you get negative offset wheels because you had to push the tires out to not rub at full turn lock? Or did you just prefer the look of the wheels further out?

I'm trying to figure out what tire size I can get away with without trimming or rubbing. Did you have to do anything to fit your 215/60/15?
I got the rims because i liked they way it looks sticking out. I have done no trimming. The very outside of the tires rub on the bottom inside of the wheel well when i try to go full left or right. It is not bad at all. This is because the tread on the tire is so big. It did rub through the wheel well material to the metal. I dont have my vehicle right now or else i would show you a picture. I have had this setup with the same wheel for a couple years now with no issues

Im almost positive if you stuck with the stock offset you will be fine. Here is a link i use for wheel and tire combo comparison.
[URL="http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp"]http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp[/URL/]
I def would not go any larger than what i currently have.

Old 04-27-2016, 05:58 AM
Wesman66
Neutral
awesome

So i had my car set up for track did a few yrs of racing but wanted something new so went this route. What yall think?

2" lift kit from Coopercrap.com
15" bassett DOT wheels -25 offset
215/60/15 snowtrakker tires
aries pushbar
stingray lowprofile roof rack
4.5" 4X27W LED Flood Lights
4.5" 4X27W LED Spot Lights

I know this post is nearly 3 years old, but man that set up looks great. I've driven several minis loved them all but the drive was too hard for me to get one for everyday plus I live in the country. The taller sidewalls, extra clearance and awesome look are making me rethink getting a mini. Many thanks.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:17 AM
bigfiero
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Wesman66
I know this post is nearly 3 years old, but man that set up looks great. I've driven several minis loved them all but the drive was too hard for me to get one for everyday plus I live in the country. The taller sidewalls, extra clearance and awesome look are making me rethink getting a mini. Many thanks.
Because I am still using the stock suspension, the ride is still very still. I think the only to change that would be to change to a air ride suspension. There is one available but at a cost.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:05 AM
digitaldagor
2nd Gear
Edited: Removed question.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:32 PM
Ron Fletcher
Neutral
im 56, grew up in southern Utah.

Originally Posted by InjectedGT
Do not confuse better tires for anything more than better tires. Yes, a dedicated snow tread will always beat the snot out of "all season" tires in the winter. It's not to do with the lift, nor the size. Heck, if they were narrower they'd be even better in the snow yet!

Not trying to do nothing but dog your direction of modding (other than the limo tint which is a safety and convenience issue in itself), just don't entirely see the benefit of lifting a MINI. It's still a small, unibody FWD CAR. It's not going to perform off road like a truck.
I have had many jeeps, but you just couldn't beat a bug. I drove a VW scerraco over Cedar MTN and 4x4's were stuck in the snow everywhere. That front wheel drive scirraco easily drove up and over. A lifted mini would be so awesome for back roads it ain't funny. I have 03 mini and freaking love it !!!!

Last edited by Ron Fletcher; 07-17-2016 at 07:33 PM. Reason: snow
Old 08-19-2016, 07:43 AM
Greg Davis
4th Gear
As far as flares, here you go:

http://www.carid.com/2010-mini-coope...-66580896.html

May not be what you're looking for though.

Nice ride - I like imagination and creativity - definitely "Out of the box"!

Greg

Old 12-26-2017, 02:53 PM
Joe Clay
Neutral
Hi I know this is an old thread but I'm just wondering if anyone has a contact email for Cooper Crap I've tried their website but here in the UK it seems it doesn't work and I can't get ahold of any contact info. Any help is appreciated

Cheers

Old 12-27-2017, 09:38 AM
Mick Volks
Neutral
Originally Posted by Joe Clay
Hi I know this is an old thread but I'm just wondering if anyone has a contact email for Cooper Crap I've tried their website but here in the UK it seems it doesn't work and I can't get ahold of any contact info. Any help is appreciated

Cheers
i could not reach them either , but i did find a site/guy that makes lift blocks , i think im going to try his once summer comes back around , here's his site

http://journeysoffroad.com/mini-cooper-lift-kit.html

http://journeysoffroad.com/index.html

its called http://journeysoffroad.com

this is what i started with
good luck man post some pix when/if you lift

Attached Thumbnails Off Road R56 Mini Cooper With a Lift Kit-89a79ef9-89db-494e-812f-df0642a2fc61_7.jpg   Off Road R56 Mini Cooper With a Lift Kit-23472203_10212756209571966_2442227172826157180_n.jpg   Off Road R56 Mini Cooper With a Lift Kit-23509454_10212763612517035_777889997291200055_o.jpg  
Old 12-27-2017, 02:01 PM
bigfiero
2nd Gear
Hello,

I have been on CooperCrap and their website is down. I'm not sure what happened to their company. I do know there are a couple other companies out there that are offering life kits for the Mini.

Old 12-28-2017, 05:50 PM
bcriverjunky
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Clay

Cheers
http://journeysoffroad.com/mini-cooper-lift-kit.html

Old 04-03-2018, 02:11 PM
Woodymini7
Neutral
Yes, my speedo is off by 2mph so if im going 32mpg the actual speed is 30mpg. i have check this many times at many different speed traps.

I looked all over for offroad tires that would fit with this setup with no luck, so if you find some, awesome. I live in the south and we dont get snow down here either. That pic was when i travelled to the mountains. The tires do really well over rocky terrain and sand @ full inflation. I have yet to get her out for a real mud test.
I know this thread is old, but if you see this, you’re saying you used snowtrakker tires in Las Vegas??
How was the tread wear if you did??
thx!

Old 04-03-2018, 04:13 PM
bigfiero
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Woodymini7

I know this thread is old, but if you see this, you’re saying you used snowtrakker tires in Las Vegas??
How was the tread wear if you did??
thx!

Tire wear was actually really good. I'm not a guy that races everywhere I go or does burnouts.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:27 PM
EpicUnciat
1st Gear
So i had my car set up for track did a few yrs of racing but wanted something new so went this route. What yall think?

2" lift kit from Coopercrap.com
15" bassett DOT wheels -25 offset
215/60/15 snowtrakker tires
aries pushbar
stingray lowprofile roof rack
4.5" 4X27W LED Flood Lights
4.5" 4X27W LED Spot Lights

Where can I get that bumper? I've been looking around for bumpers that would fit my r56 but I've had no luck finding a specific fit. Are you using a specific fit model or a universal fit?

Old 08-06-2018, 04:04 AM
Seapalacios
Neutral
Camber

Hey, I know that this is an ancient post, but I had some questions. I recently installed a 2" lift kit from JournyOffRoad on my r56, and it left me with an insane amount of positive camber. I am just wondering if this is a problem that you have encountered, and what you have done to fix it. The picture doesn't show the camber, but I hope that it will help with further diagnostics.

Thank you!

Old 08-24-2018, 09:21 AM
djuller
Neutral
I know this is an old thread and the part number for the push bar is unavailable, however, does anyone have any suggestions on a push bar similar to the one in the pictures? I have been searching high and low for one and cannot find one anywhere. I was also wondering if there was a how to guide for installation of the push bar onto the mini. I have a cooper base so would need the bar to go under the bumper and install instead of through the bumper as the Dsquared re mudder mini push bar. Any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-25-2018, 06:39 AM
Subw00er
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
You can get more neg camber up front with ie camber plates and if you need more, wmw sells ball joints that increase neg camber another 1.2 deg i think. I think those together would be almost -3 deg camber from stock.

Old 12-21-2018, 02:15 PM
7thmoosefromtheleft
1st Gear
Originally Posted by djuller
I know this is an old thread and the part number for the push bar is unavailable, however, does anyone have any suggestions on a push bar similar to the one in the pictures? I have been searching high and low for one and cannot find one anywhere. I was also wondering if there was a how to guide for installation of the push bar onto the mini. I have a cooper base so would need the bar to go under the bumper and install instead of through the bumper as the Dsquared re mudder mini push bar. Any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Plus 1 I would like on as well

Last edited by 7thmoosefromtheleft; 03-25-2019 at 06:27 AM.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:04 PM
Matty0143
Neutral
2009 mini cooper sR56

I've been looking around a 2"lifts and was wondering would struts and shocks and lifts for a 2012 countryman fit the 2009 R56 cooper s? Would there be a way I could find out if not from a site then physically master parts to find out?

Quick Reply: Suspension Off Road R56 Mini Cooper With a Lift Kit