Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Faint crackly sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 05:59 PM
dwdyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Faint crackly sound

I'm noticing a very faint crackly-type rattle coming from the driver's side A pillar. I think. It's so faint it's hard to get a handle on, and it's at a frequency that my wife can't even hear. I say I think, because if I turn my face to the driver's side window, it doesn't appear to be coming from there.

It sounds a little like a candy bar wrapper being balled up. It's not connected to the radio, and I believe that if I apply pressure to the A pillar -- just a steady hand -- it goes away.

It's not serious enough to take in, but when I'm in for my plates I will bring it up and see if they have anything to say. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard such a thing.

This is not the HiFi crackle that has been reported on MINI2 for sure.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:51 AM
dwdyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Found it -- it's in the speaker pod where the external mirror adjustment is. I can apply pressure there and recreate the noise, so hopefully it'll be easy to resolve. Probably a squeaky panel connector.

The reason it went away when I applied pressure to the A pillar is because that motion also had my knee putting pressure on that bit of the door.