Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Supersprint's turbo manifold question

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 11:40 AM
UKSUV
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Supersprint's turbo manifold question

Promini lists the same part number for the regular header on the Cooper and MCS. Is it safe to say that the Turbo manifold they sell for the MCS will fit on my Cooper? A GT28RS will do nicely under the hood. If I get no responses I will just have to get off this contraption and call Supersprint.

Old 12-15-2005, 11:50 AM
Samurai Will
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UKSUV
Promini lists the same part number for the regular header on the Cooper and MCS. Is it safe to say that the Turbo manifold they sell for the MCS will fit on my Cooper? A GT28RS will do nicely under the hood. If I get no responses I will just have to get off this contraption and call Supersprint.
I don't know the answer to your question, but you do have a battery that could get in the way. Aside from that, be careful. The 10.5:1 compression ratio of the cooper is really too high to take much boost at all.

Old 12-15-2005, 12:01 PM
JeffS
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UKSUV

Why wouldn't it? The head casting is the same, along with overall engine dimensions. Can't think of anything else that would matter.

The manifolds currently being used by all the twincharged people would work as well.

Old 12-15-2005, 05:45 PM
UKSUV
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Samurai Will
I don't know the answer to your question, but you do have a battery that could get in the way. Aside from that, be careful. The 10.5:1 compression ratio of the cooper is really too high to take much boost at all.
I'm not worried too much about internals at the moment. And one of my weekend projects is to put the battery in the trunk. 10.5:1 isn't to bad running a turbo. Just can't turn up the boost to engine numbing numbers. I don't plan on staying at that compression ratio for too long.