Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Are the modders saturated?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 02:17 PM
jlm
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I may go back to 19% after I try it out with the 15; the pistons are a bit higher compression

Old 07-11-2005, 05:08 AM
Larry Clemens
5th Gear
I have a 2005 MCS with the following performance mods all done for less than $2,000: One-ball exhaust, 62 mm TB, 15% Alta pulley. MTH, and CAI. My last dyno run showed 194 WHP and 176 ft-lbs of torque. This was significantly better than my previous run of 176 whp and 164 ft-lbs. The change between runs was going from 91 Octane to 95, cooling down the IC and a new MTH remap. The only additional performance mod that I am considering is something to cool down the air intake charge. There may be some cool stuff in the works - ECU adjusted water injection???? Meanwhile my car runs great and is consierably faster than stock for less than 2K. Lots of bang for buck!!

Old 07-12-2005, 06:38 AM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Another cheap bast*rd!

A man after my own heart! I went low cost as well, (at least to start). didn't do the TB to start though. Good numbers!

Matt

Originally Posted by Larry Clemens
I have a 2005 MCS with the following performance mods all done for less than $2,000: One-ball exhaust, 62 mm TB, 15% Alta pulley. MTH, and CAI. My last dyno run showed 194 WHP and 176 ft-lbs of torque. This was significantly better than my previous run of 176 whp and 164 ft-lbs. The change between runs was going from 91 Octane to 95, cooling down the IC and a new MTH remap. The only additional performance mod that I am considering is something to cool down the air intake charge. There may be some cool stuff in the works - ECU adjusted water injection???? Meanwhile my car runs great and is consierably faster than stock for less than 2K. Lots of bang for buck!!

Old 07-12-2005, 09:11 AM
RUKnight
3rd Gear
I'm in the low budget modding group as well with currently just a 15% pulley done by Eric and a remus exhaust that I got on ebay super cheap. I'm going to be having a blower ported over the winter though and plan to do some data logging with my bim-com to see the pro's and con's of it. After I log the data I'll likely go with a GIAC chip and the JCW injectors.

I think a lot of the big time modders were early adapters who may have moved onto other things. Granted I don't plan on going crazy with the car but i would like a reliable all supercharger car pushing about 200whp. I plan to add a quife to my car evnetually but I don't see myself doing that till I need to pull the trans to replace the clutch.

As far as the AGS sitting in the classifieds a while I think all the early adopters got theres, the rest of us are on the fence and combine that with a pretty lengthy install that some people may not be willing to undertake and I can see how it wasn't the most popular item.
Mike