Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Water on the inside of the windshield

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 06:36 AM
Lorkin
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water on the inside of the windshield

So, has anyone else had an issue with water running down the inside of their windshield? I made the first stop of the day after my MINI had been melting off its white top. The normal water running down the windshield happened but when I hit the wipers to clear the water I noticed that the water was on the inside. Needless to say I have an apointment on Monday to have the dealer look into it. I was just wondering if others have had this issue. I have seen people in the forums complain of the moulding poping out of place but I wouldnt think a 2005 MC with just over 1k should be showing signs of any issues.

Old 03-05-2005, 07:54 AM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by Lorkin
So, has anyone else had an issue with water running down the inside of their windshield? I made the first stop of the day after my MINI had been melting off its white top. The normal water running down the windshield happened but when I hit the wipers to clear the water I noticed that the water was on the inside. Needless to say I have an apointment on Monday to have the dealer look into it. I was just wondering if others have had this issue. I have seen people in the forums complain of the moulding poping out of place but I wouldnt think a 2005 MC with just over 1k should be showing signs of any issues.
On my way home with my Brand new 04 MC the molding along the top of the windsheild came loose and started whipping in the wind. I went back and they glued it in place. Well it came loose about 2 months later and they had a glass guy fix it and its been fine since. Also my sister's 05 MCC had some extra material on her's. Was some extra glass that they tried to buff or something off. They ended up replacing her windsheild

So I'm not surprised over windsheild problems.

Old 03-05-2005, 05:09 PM
namwob
5th Gear
Either you have a small animal with a weak bladder living under your headliner or your car was built on a monday or friday. Hopefully they will warranty your windshield rather than pull off the molding and squirt some goop along the top of the windshield. Because there may be a deformity in the glass contour.

Old 03-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Lorkin
2nd Gear
MINI is in the shop today. The dealer called and said they can't do anything till tommorow when the glass guy comes. At least they are pulling the windshield and examining the glass to see if its bad. Then they are doing a complete reseal of the windshield. Good news is they are investigateing and fixing it properly instead of trying a quick fix. Bad news is im stuck with an ugly BMW 530i till they finish surgery. I wonder though if when the MINI's are sent across the pond if the windows are all the way up and the changeing pressures might pop the seals. Just a little speculation. Now I just have to remember what its like to drive a sedan again........

Old 03-07-2005, 02:32 PM
LilOleCar
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Lorkin
I wonder though if when the MINI's are sent across the pond if the windows are all the way up and the changeing pressures might pop the seals.
I'd really doubt that. If the cabin has such a good seal that your windshield seal pops on transit, then if you took your car up to the Rocky Mountains and climbed 4000 feet without opening the doors, the same thing should happen; instead, your ears pop. You also wouldn't be able to smell the exhaust from that 30 year old rust-bucket on the highway in front of you spewing white exhaust. Plus, I'm sure there are all sorts of other tiny little places in the car where outside and inside pressure can sync up.

Sounds like somebody didn't do the seals right on your car, good luck on having them fix it.