Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Another FRM issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 02:41 PM
cogsracing
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another FRM issue

Hello out there.
Have had a 2011 Clubman JUSTA (auto) for about a month now. Less than 30K miles and in very good shape. Not my daily driver so I have time to learn/diagnose issues. Car sat for a while(before I bought it) and had a dead battery. Have read lots about dead or disconnected/reconnected batteries causing issues with the FRM. Recently received my BENTLEY manual and have not dived into it yet. From what I've read, the FRM needs to be INITIALIZED. I used the term initialized instead of replaced because ALL components controlled by the FRM work EXCEPT the windows and the RADIO.
Interior lights, headlights, turn signals, sunroof, barn doors from remote, door locks, climate control, seat heaters, front and rear wipers, cig lighter all work.
So the FRM still works/talks to all systems EXCEPT the windows and radio. I have an appointment with a local shop (Crofton, Maryland) that has been highly recommended to get it scanned and initialized.
So am I making the right assumption that the FRM is not TOAST and it can still be used AFTER it is initialized?

Thanks for any feedback.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:30 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
I have 2014 R57 flooded (bought from the auction) and EVERYTHING worked except for the headlights (stayed on all the time) upon removing the FRM, it was apparent that water had damaged just the corner of the board just enough to let me operate the head lights...i got it replaced and all is good.

so, check the module for water intrusion or corroded wiring pins. removed and install it back and see if that changes anything.

Old 11-21-2017, 03:12 PM
cogsracing
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the information.
I'll dig into the FRM and check the condition of the board/connectors.