Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Supercharger done!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 09:43 PM
jfrankjr
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercharger done!

I finally found the bravery to change the oil in my wife's supercharger! Wasn't terribly hard, I've done worse, but it is a lot of work! I was happy to be done and not have any leftover bolts, haha! And the car runs MUCH smoother with a lot more power. I found a small vac line that wasn't hooked up so maybe that's where my problems were coming from? The car also shifts better but I guess that's because it's running better. Amazingly the oil was full, and in the water pump side was pretty clear. The other side was amber but not black like most of the vids I've seen. One thing is I was going to replace the belt too but the one I got is way too big so I had to put the old one back in. Does that mean there is a different pulley on the SC? If so, what belt do I get to fit? Oh and I found the source of the oil leak was indeed the crank sensor. Amazing that that much oil can come from such a small o ring!

Old 11-19-2017, 04:56 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
How many miles on the car? Did you check/change the water pump??

On the pulley, the stock pulley is black with one hole in the center (normally with a plastic cap over the bolt). The aftermarket pulleys allot of times are bare metal and have normally four smaller bolts that are not in the center.

And there is a community of husbands that get together and discuss excuses they can use so that they can drive their wife's MINI.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:09 AM
jfrankjr
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
82,000. Yeah I swapped out the water pump as well. I had bought a kit from Ebay that had the oil and a bunch of seals, but I couldn't figure out where the seals went, assuming they are internal and I was too afraid to go disassembling the SC considering I couldn't find any tutorials on how to do it. I'll have to check the pulley when I get home. Oh no, that car is way too small and rough riding for me! I hate how the rear view mirror obstructs so much vision! I'll stick to my Volvo XC90 :D