Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

CV axles?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 07:29 AM
58caddy
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CV axles?

So, to start, I don't think my CV joints need replaced just yet, but at 85,000 miles I'm beginning to notice noises coming from the front end drivers side on colder mornings.
I believe in preventive maintenance more than fixing it after it's broken (why I don't like the "lifetime" fluid in the transmission). How difficult is it to replace them on these cars? What's a reputable brand other than OEM? What kind of life are you getting out of yours before they need replaced.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:05 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
I would verify your noise is a CV axle as I've got customers with over 200k on them with no issues (not lowered)

We put the redline MTL in the manual trans and it shifts better
https://www.waymotorworks.com/redline-mtl.html

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 10-21-2017, 01:20 PM
58caddy
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
I would verify your noise is a CV axle as I've got customers with over 200k on them with no issues (not lowered)

We put the redline MTL in the manual trans and it shifts better
https://www.waymotorworks.com/redline-mtl.html
Well, like I said, it only happens on chillier mornings and it seems to come mostly from the front left side. Definite clicking at the onset of acceleration from a dead stop and gets louder if turning. Not sure what else it could be.

Unfortunately I have the automatic. The lifetime fluid is an industry-wide issue, sadly.