Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

sunroof scrolling tint issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 02:46 AM
genik
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sunroof scrolling tint issue

The scrolling tint on my sunroof got detached from the drivers that would hold it to scroll in and out. How can i stick it back, the drivers (have this copper color) are kinda hidden.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:17 PM
cgr
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

are you talking about the screen that rolls in and out below the sunroof? If so, there was somebody who fixed it by putting some instant glue on the slide-out springs and the sun shades. You just take out the sunroof glas out and fix it form above.

I was not able to fix those, as the detachement was way to big to glue it back on in a satisfactory way...

CU

cgr

Old 10-14-2017, 05:58 PM
genik
5th Gear
Yes thats what im talking about, You say to take out the sunroof glass, that's not an easy thing to do, is it?

Old 10-15-2017, 12:21 PM
cgr
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I belive there is a TIS document describing how to take out the glas and exchange the sunshades.

I remeber that it was quite easy - just 3 Torx screws on the inner side of the sunroof window. So if you hae a panorama it is two glas windows, each three screws on each side, total of 12. The removal was easy, putting it back in was also easy, you just have to adjust the glas again to avoid wind noise. Also described in TIS, or just remember how the glas is positioned (in relation to the metal roof) and set it to the same position again.

Hope that helps!

CU

cgr

Old 10-15-2017, 02:32 PM
genik
5th Gear
Why does the glass need to be taken out? I believe the whole point is to be able to place the instant glue and attach the sun shades, but its not easy because the metal drivers (that the shade is glued on) are kinda hidden under a mettalic slot. :-)