Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Need Help!! 2007 mini cooper s manual

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 03:16 PM
danpaz.uy
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help!! 2007 mini cooper s manual

HI, i just bought a it!!!
Previous owner said that car was in 3 cilynders, he removed the head, and found 2 valves burnt, so he replace the valves, put a new gasket, and replaced timing chain and tensioner.(he show me the old valves)
After this, he started getting code p0118, he replaced the coolant temperature sensor, 2 times, and the code persisted, and he was gettin an overheat light in the dashboard, but engine wasn't hot.
Once i got the car, i realized that he plug the wrong wires in the CTS, so i change the wires, and reset the light.
After driving the car again, got code p0117, and no more overheating light.In the scanner i read -40F,
I connected both wires toguether, and the scanner show me a high temperature that i dont remember know, so that means as far as i know, that those are the right wires!!
Before, the wires that were connected to the CTS, where the ones that go to the PCV valve.In the yellow and white wires that go to the CTS, i have 3.2 volts, which if i'm not mistaken, should be 5volts, next, i check the wires to the DME, and nothing was wrong, also i check the voltage in the other extreme of the wires and was the same, Measure the resistance in the sensor, and it's 1,650 ohms, after leaving the car on for about 5 minutes, resistance went to 1640,which i think is not enough.
i never heard the radiator fan working, which is ok, if the computer sense -40Farenheit, but when i put the wires toguether, it must have turned on.
If i put the Air Conditioner, the fan works.
i ordered a new CTS, but i don't think is the problem.
I bought online a Scanner Schwaben, and the INPA EDIABAS NCS EXPERT.
because of all the tests, battery got drained, so i got the steering wheel locked, after charging the battery, steering wheel got unlocked, but i still have the message in the dashboard, the which i think can be removed with the EDIABAS SOFTWARE.
Thanks in advance for the help!!

Old 10-13-2017, 09:10 PM
squawSkiBum
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
Hi and welcome to NAM, moved you to the Gen1 Stock Problems/Issues section where you'll get a lot more views and likely some help.

Old 10-14-2017, 07:13 AM
danpaz.uy
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Moderator!

Hi, thanks, can you please move this post to generation 2?
I believe 2007 is generation 2, thanks!