Gen 2 clutch problems - North American Motoring

Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Gen 2 clutch problems

Old 10-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Neutral

Gen 2 clutch problems

So my clutch decided to feel a little soft and when it is hotter out, I’m in Arizona. There’s no grinding of any gears and no bad sounds coming from my clutch at all. I’m just trying to figure out if I should bleed the slave cylinder and replace the clutch pedal due to it popping when you push have way down on it before assuming the clutch being bad. Due to financial issues I’m just trying to get feedback. So please I could use any advice possible.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Vendor

You could bleed the system, but in my experience it doesn't really change the feel or engagement unless there was air in the system or the slave was failed.

As for the pop in the pedal; there is a tab on the pedal that you can shave off to get the pop to go away, we've found that to be the case more often than not, but there is also a pivot bushing on the pedal assembly we've had to replace before too.

If the clutch is still operating as it should I wouldn't worry too much, temperature and humidity can affect the feel of a clutch or brakes.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:01 AM
2nd Gear

There is also a 'clutch assist spring' on the upper part of the pedal that can break. $4 fix.