Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Mini Cooper S R56 Stage 2 Boost low

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 08:32 AM
mamartinr56
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mini Cooper S R56 Stage 2 Boost low

Hi all,

I am new to the forum, I have already presented myself, I would like to share with you my experience to see if anyone could lend me a hand that the situation:

I have a mini cooper s r56 2008, install DECAT 2.5", oversized intercooler, intake alta, exhaust line JCW, and ECU remap to stage 2.

My tunner says that the pressure has to reach 20 PSI + -, but when I measure with torque app, the pressure of my turbo does not exceed 16 PSI, I do not know why, the first thing I did was check for leaks, clamps etc... everything was fine there was no leak.

Then probe to Put the turbo wastegate pipe to the Vacuum pump, directly, to check the Vacuum pump and turbo, and gave a peak of 23 PSI, and the car short for overpressure. Which tells me that the turbo and the Vacuum pump is fine no?

Then probe to change the valve, pressure converter that is connected to the wastegate and at the vaccum tank, and changue the vacuum pipes, unsuccessfully, follows exactly 16 PSI. I do not know what to look at, I will look at leaks in the intake manifold because no I can think of nothing else.

If someone could guide me, I would appreciate it. thank you very much.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:24 AM
mamartinr56
Neutral
Today I was testing, and I removed and put the tube of the PCV that goes to the engine cover, to the return at home testing the car gave peaks of 19 PSI several times, it seemed that it was well, but in a while it did not return to 16 PSI, look at the tube of the PCV and was summing up oil through the engine cap part, tried a tube of a friend and returned to peaks of 20 - 19 PSI, but after a while it fell again. I think it does not make a good gasket the tube on the top of the lid I will try again today by putting the new rubber washers.

The following users liked this post:
Tworons (09-30-2017)
Old 08-10-2017, 12:17 AM
mamartinr56
Neutral
Update: I have canceled the vent valve of the fuel tank, to discard leaks, it is still the same, I have also canceled the PCV sleeve to discard leaks, it is still the same, I have also tried another turbo drive valve, and it does exactly the same , Proving it I have observed that wedge accelerator in a march from 2 thousand RPM, does not happen in one of 16 PSI, but when change of gear is when it gives the peak of 19 PSI + - and it maintains something. I am thinking of changing the vacuum pipes that go from the wastegate to the electronic valve that controls it and the ones that go from the vacuum pump to the vacuum tank etc ... since the car seems to have them modified and are not the Original

Old 08-14-2017, 06:59 AM
mamartinr56
Neutral
I tested 4 different valves pressure converters, I checked the pipes and tank vacuum and cleaned, I tested two different turbochargers, two different wastegate, checked leaks, changed the MAP and pressure sensor, new manifold and throttle body gaskets, PCV of the intake manifold and gas tank valve also canceled, and did not exceed 16 PSI, Only when you change gears you keep a little 18 19 PSI. Could anyone have any ideas? I begin to think that it is a problem of ecu mapping.