Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Thermostat Housing help?!?!

Old 07-19-2017, 08:41 AM
ioannes79
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thermostat Housing help?!?!

I know this is a common problem, but my second thermostat housing is cracked. My mechanic thinks only part of it was replaced by the dealership, as he says the top side plastic appears newer. Can this assembly even be separated?

Anyway, before I go and spend money I don't have, does anyone suggest a particular brand to purchase that's more reliable/durable than any other? Or are they all pretty much the same? I'm hoping to get one ASAP, so I GREATLY appreciate your advice and experience!

Thanks

Old 07-19-2017, 09:26 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,964 Likes on 1,764 Posts
Hello, Its a 2 peice molded part, it might just be the plastic casting and it looks older on one side. But its replaced as a whole unit. We carry the latest Genuine MINI part number and also the Bremmen brand one which most people like as a lower cost option. Also, we carry a 2 year unlimited miles warranty on the genuine MINI and 1 year on the bremmen it so if you ever have an issue let us know and we can take care of it.

Here is the parts and DIY info.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...8-no-heat.html

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 07-27-2017, 11:28 AM
seatonJCW
Neutral
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
+1 on this!

I have an issue with the thermostat I purchased and without question, ECS shipped a replacement out overnight. Great service from ECS.

Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Hello, Its a 2 peice molded part, it might just be the plastic casting and it looks older on one side. But its replaced as a whole unit. We carry the latest Genuine MINI part number and also the Bremmen brand one which most people like as a lower cost option. Also, we carry a 2 year unlimited miles warranty on the genuine MINI and 1 year on the bremmen it so if you ever have an issue let us know and we can take care of it.

Here is the parts and DIY info.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...8-no-heat.html

The following users liked this post:
ECSTuning (07-27-2017)

Search this Thread