Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

No Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 01:53 PM
Christopher Jacob
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Keyless Entry

Hi All,

I came into possession of a 2008 Clubman S with ~117k miles on it. It is fitting with the "comfort access" package. (I think that's the name... the one with the rubber buttons on the door handle that you can just touch)

Anyway, neither that nor the buttons on the remote work at all. I suspected a bad fob, and ate the expense to order a new one from the dealership. They couldn't get it to sync up, and recommend I replace the mirror. (Since that's there the receiver is) However, since I have the auto dimming mirror with the home link buttons, they want $750 and say it has to be like for like.

Trying to troubleshoot on my own, I looked around the forum and found a couple of posts about the wiring inside the mirror, but nothing about what the car side of the harness looks like. Looking at mine, they seem vastly different from one another (the car side vs. the mirror side)

I have....

Car Side (pin number / wire color)
1 blue white
2 yellow
3 green
4 Empty
5 Empty
6 Empty
7 white brown
8 red green
9 Empty
10 brown

Mirror Side
1 grey
2 purple
3 red
4 white
5 black
6 Empty
7 pink
8 orange
9 Empty
10 brown

Does anyone know if that's correct? Or has someone replaced the mirror?

Also, I read that after a mirror swap things need to be re-flashed. Is that true? Having had a look inside, I see the antenna for the keyless entry, but nothing for the comfort access... does anyone know what that looks like / have pics?

Thanks for the help guys.

-chris

Old 08-02-2017, 04:41 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
hey buddy...There are several antennas on the car that detect the fob. can you check your options in bimmer.work to see if indeed you have comfort access? Also, did you replace the battery of the fob?

Attach a pic of the plugs you're referring to. I will check on my car for you and let you know if we have a match in wiring.

lastly, do NOT listen or even go to the dealer...they know nothing about anything (majority of them at least)

Old 08-26-2017, 04:08 PM
SirCosmoSterling
1st Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
My 2009 Clubman suddenly stopped recognizing the remote. The dealer fixed it by replacing the inside rear view mirror which contains the antenna. Mine had corroded due to a lack of sealant across the top of a replacement windshield allowed moisture to get to the mirror. So I also had the dealer replace the windshield (old one had chip in glass any way).

It cost about $700 for the mirror and $191 for labor. I also had to pay to have new key I ordered programmed for keyless entry. Total cost of replacing windshield was $577.

One bonus is the new mirror displays what compass direction I'm going. Old one didn't.

Last edited by SirCosmoSterling; 08-26-2017 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:43 PM
Christopher Jacob
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Purchased a gently used mirror. Took about 90 seconds to relplace, and all is working again!

The following users liked this post:
MiniToBe (09-07-2017)